Boeheim says "tremendous changes" this offseason. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says "tremendous changes" this offseason.

albanycuse said:
Joseph is 6'3" and 165 pounds , WOW thats pretty fragile if you are playing at this level of bball. That explains a lot of his play to me. A year at SU S & C will do him justice.

He weighed 175 the other day in a JB quote.

So I guess he's been dieting.

cuseguy said:
He weighed 175 the other day in a JB quote. So I guess he's been dieting.

The article you posted said he was listed at 165, we know they are never accurate but holy smokes thats really surprising and answers a lot of questions for me. He really did need to redshirt but he was forced in because we had noone to run the point.

No shot KJII bails.

KJII and BJ stay imo, hopefully. I think KJII could eventually be a Dion Waiters like 6th man, he has the potential.

Regarding Cooney and Gbinije.

Losing Cooney would be like losing a fingernail with Malachi and Howard coming in.

Losing Gbinije would be like losing a hand.

Imo TC and G would be huge srs to have back next yr. they just need to be in their proper roles and get some more talent around them (ie McC and possibly Malachi andor Bryant)

The article you posted said he was listed at 165, we know they are never accurate but holy smokes thats really surprising and answers a lot of questions for me. He really did need to redshirt but he was forced in because we had noone to run the point.

Yep. He was forced in to the starting role when Ennis left last year and it has been obvious that he wasn't ready. Not his fault. He wasn't recruited to be ready right away. I think this will help him in the long run. He got to experience much more this season and go through a lot of growing pains right off the bat instead of having to wait a year.

My guess. 5 new recruits. Return of CMac and DC2. BJ transfers, G takes his degree and begins a non-basketball professional career.

My guess. 5 new recruits. Return of CMac and DC2. BJ transfers, G takes his degree and begins a non-basketball professional career.

Agree, but substitute Patterson for BJ. I think the staff recognizes how high BJ's ceiling is.

a. eric devendorf was going to leave Syracuse as a top 5 scorer in school history. He was not taking a back seat to Triche.

b. The G comment was in regards to him being an "early entry" which, more in depth means, early entry for the NBA draft. G, Devo, and PH are similar in that they are not (or were not) considered NBA draft picks. Calling them "early entries" is... funny. The other 2 had overseas careers and G certainly can too. But he isnt making an NBA roster next year.
devo and harris weren't really wanted back.

What Jimmy means is that he had a discussion with a certain player(s) about transferring. You can also bet that G has talked to Jimmy about going pro next season. Everyone knows about the class coming in and the continued interest in Bryant. IMO either Patterson, Johnson, or Obokah transfers. G on the fence right now about coming back. Carry on

No shot KJII bails.

KJII and BJ stay imo, hopefully. I think KJII could eventually be a Dion Waiters like 6th man, he has the potential.

Losing Cooney would be like losing a fingernail with Malachi and Howard coming in.

losing Cooney with those two coming in is a lot more than a fingernail. Defense is played in the game as well

anomander said:

If I was making a guess I think it's something like that too.

What Jimmy means is that he had a discussion with a certain player(s) about transferring. You can also bet that G has talked to Jimmy about going pro next season. Everyone knows about the class coming in and the continued interest in Bryant. IMO either Patterson, Johnson, or Obokah transfers. G on the fence right now about coming back. Carry on
I can see scenarios where BJ gets playing time. Can't see any scenarios where Buss gets time next year.

devo and harris weren't really wanted back.

I know that. Jeebus, I was talking about the "early entry". G aint getting drafted this year unless there is some miracle. Therefore he isn't an "early entry to the nba draft"

Is it that difficult to understand?

"Recruiting's still going on. I have no idea who's going to be here next year. I never do. I thought Jerami Grant and Tyler Ennis were going to be here this year. They aren't.'' :D

In order to make a legitimate offer to Bryant, someone has to get squeezed out of the picture and soon. I don't know but I wouldn't think it would be G for that would be very shabby treatment, especially for a senior. How do you recruit new players when they can all see what you did to others? :noidea:

No shot KJII bails.

If you believe for one minute that either of those freshman are capable of taking over Cooney's position in all respects you have got super glow orange glasses.

If you believe for one minute that either of those freshman are capable of taking over Cooney's position in all respects you have got super glow orange glasses.

I tend to agree, G and Cooney are his senior leaders next year.

In order to make a legitimate offer to Bryant, someone has to get squeezed out of the picture and soon. I don't know but I wouldn't think it would be G for that would be very shabby treatment, especially for a senior. How do you recruit new players when they can all see what you did to others? :noidea:

Kind of did the to Paul and Devo as seniors... led to the best 6 year run in school history.

That being said - almost no chance it is G. Kid was great down the stretch. I could see him being the leading scorer next year on a very balanced team.

Yep. He was forced in to the starting role when Ennis left last year and it has been obvious that he wasn't ready. Not his fault. He wasn't recruited to be ready right away. I think this will help him in the long run. He got to experience much more this season and go through a lot of growing pains right off the bat instead of having to wait a year.
And if you watched when KJ came to the bench, JB was very calm in talking to him. He knew that the young man was fragile long before the rest of us.

I can say with strong confidence that IF G does not return, it will not because he is pursuing a professional basketball career. I think when it comes down to it he will be back, but the decision he has to make isn't whether to pursue a professional basketball career or not.

anomander said:
I can say with strong confidence that IF G does not return, it will not because he is pursuing a professional basketball career. I think when it comes down to it he will be back, but the decision he has to make isn't whether to pursue a professional basketball career or not.
I know G has different priorities but I don't get this at all. A chance to put some nice change in your pocket quickly? Ugh...G!