Boeheim, SU Agree On Contract Extension (through 2021-22?) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim, SU Agree On Contract Extension (through 2021-22?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably best for the program for the next couple of years. Maybe now groom Autry for the position. Get through the sanctions, get back on our feet. At 73 I doubt we are looking at much more that an extra year or two. It is what it is for now. I am fine with it. I would have been fine with a switch also, but I think this way IS the best way given all of the factors. AND absolutely NO WAY did JB plan it out this way. I don't think he would ever do that to Hop...
Yeah I don't know why people seem to be poo pooing red .

IMG_0785.JPG

This data point doesn't mean anything in terms of how long JB actually will be here. The most important thing is that they can't SAY that next year is JB's last year, even if that is the plan, because it would make recruiting for 2018 and thereafter impossible. JB could be here one more year, or three, or five. Nobody knows, which is exactly the point.

Good news. Now let's find a stud recruiter outside the family. I would love to see a head recruiter, with Autry number two, and coaching the guards. GMac replaced by a big man coach. Give me Coleman over GMac. It will never happen, but that's the recipe for success in my eyes. Not necessarily Coleman, but yeah.

Good news. Now let's find a stud recruiter outside the family. I would love to see a head recruiter, with Autry number two, and coaching the guards. GMac replaced by a big man coach. Give me Coleman over GMac. It will never happen, but that's the recipe for success in my eyes.
Coleman?!?! Are you serious? Just go down to the Varsity and hand him a whistle then. He's the one in the back wearing the sweats. Trust me, he's available.

This whole coach in waiting never made much sense to me. Assistants leave all the time, I remember people were LOLing the CIW label back in '07 i believe when it first happened . I keep thinking back to the Kevin O'Neill drama at Arizona back 10 years ago. Glad it played out better than that. I'm also happy for Hop he had to do it .

Yeah I don't know why people seem to be poo pooing red .
Probably best for the program for the next couple of years. Maybe now groom Autry for the position.
If I was Red, I'd be headed out for a HC job sooner than later. This is playing out exactly like Lute Olson at Arizona. Two head coach designates that he blew off and then was figuratively (maybe literally) carried off the court.

Coleman?!?! Are you serious? Just go down to the Varsity and hand him a whistle then. He's there all the time in sweats. Trust me, he's available.

Check the edit. Point isn't about Coleman. It's that we need a big man coach. Along with the fact that GMac can't recruit his way out of a paper bag.

I can't help but think of when Palpatine announced the formation of the Empire to the senate.

I'll see myself out.

I can see it now:

"March 19th, 2027 - Syracuse and Coach Jim Boeheim agree on a 10 year extension through 2037, with a mutual option for 2038. Boeheim will be 92 when his contract expires in 2037.
:rolling:

Indefinite extension? No details?

I believe he's said before that he's been on an auto-renewing year to year contract for a while now.

Really this benefits SU more than him but I really doubt that has changed.

Gerry will be head coach in 5 years. After Jimmy coaches Buddy.

Book it!

Hopefully I have a coronary before the season if that happens. I don't people realize how little GMac brings to the table. I'll stop talking about it. I'm annoying myself.

This is such great news. The older I get, the more I mark time via the passage of my sports heroes. Grew up with Montana, Bird, MJ, Gretzky. Saw Shaq, Mailman and Phil when he was a great coach. They are all gone. Jimmy has been the one constant for me as sports fan. I'll still feel a little bit young so long as he is on our sidelines. Let's do this. Why not. LGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom