Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Many of us are sitting here hoping the University doesn't take the next step and fire JB, but is there a chance that JB continues to support Bernie and resigns because he feels Bernie is unfairly and too quickly terminated? He still hasn't been proved guilty of having done anything.

Many of us are sitting here hoping the University doesn't take the next step and fire JB, but is there a chance that JB continues to support Bernie and resigns because he feels Bernie is unfairly and too quickly terminated? He still hasn't been proved guilty of having done anything.

I, for one, sure as F hope not.

Past time to cut the damn losses and distance the program and the University from that jackass--and to establish with no uncertain terms that he had no knowledge whatsoever of any misconduct on Fine's part.

If JB continues to support Bernie he is a complete moron. Or worse.

No chance. JB is loyal to a fault, but that would be insane. He has shown more than enough support to a "friend" who in essence screwed him. Time to cut ties.

I don't think Boeheim can be saved. He immaturely and arrogantly said far more than he needed. He is a poor example for his players.

JB has to figure out if he wants to continue coaching... If so he flushes BF... If not then stand by your man... I think he hits the handle...

No way -- JB isn't a dummy. This is enough information for him to cut ties with the guy.

For better or worse JB made his choice when instead of simply supporting Bernie he came out and called the accusers liars.

JB better not be like many of our posters. I don't know if he will survive but if he is clean, he has to be outraged and has to show that outrage publicly just like he did against the accusers. If he stands behind his friendship with Bernie he is cutting his own throat. Don't be like the people that said...2 "drugged" accusers made accusations, BFD. An investigation was announced, BFD. ESPN went all in, BFD. The feds got involved, BFD. The Secret Service came in, BFD. Cantor fired Fine, BFD. Cut bait Jimmy even if some can't.

SU is going to get heat.
Boeheim is going to get A LOT of heat.
For defending Fine but more so for calling the accusers liars.
There will be innuendo (how could you live nearby and not know anything?) and outright accusations (you looked the other way).
The university is going to have to investigate what he knew and what he did.
Who knows where that leads?

But at a minimum he has to be a man...step up and apologize to the accusers
for his version of a "rush to judgment".

Unless Coach has been doing stuff that the University/BoT didn't know about, that is only now coming to light, which shows lack of control etc, then I don't think he's going to be forced out/fired just because of what he said. That seems a little extreme.

JB better not be like many of our posters. I don't know if he will survive but if he is clean, he has to be outraged and has to show that outrage publicly just like he did against the accusers. If he stands behind his friendship with Bernie he is cutting his own throat. Don't be like the people that said...2 "drugged" accusers made accusations, BFD. An investigation was announced, BFD. ESPN went all in, BFD. The feds got involved, BFD. The Secret Service came in, BFD. Cantor fired Fine, BFD. Cut bait Jimmy even if some can't.

Amen. This is a layup if I am JB. They are giving him an out. Put loyalty aside and just say the right things.

He has to cut bait. And I believe he will. If I was JB and Fine let me put my neck out for him only to be betrayed, I'd be done with him. Maybe we talk again some other time, ol pal, but for now you are dead to me. JB doesn't owe him anything more at this point.

Exactly, JB needs to publicly end any relationship with Fine, and denounce him. Better to lose a friend, than lose your career...just wish he would have thought of that a week ago.

Really, Donnie? A poor example? Please.
Yeah, this is certainly not how an adult should conduct himself. If Boeheim had just stopped with "I support Bernie," there would be no issue. Boeheim was either too arrogant or too stupid in this situation. Either way he is a poor example.

If you retrace JB's words over the last week, it seems he knew something was coming and has given himself the ability to back track.

I don't think Boeheim can be saved. He immaturely and arrogantly said far more than he needed. He is a poor example for his players.
I respectfully disagree. did he possibly kill himself in todays politically correct world yes, was he wrong in calling them liars? yes, but to demonstrate loyalty to a friend of 50 years IF he didnt have any knowlege is not a poor example. IMO it is a trait that is quickly dissapearing in today's world.

He has to cut bait. And I believe he will. If I was JB and Fine let me put my neck out for him only to be betrayed, I'd be done with him. Maybe we talk again some other time, ol pal, but for now you are dead to me. JB doesn't owe him anything more at this point.

I know, while he took the noble road, it wasn't the smart one. He needed to think worst case scenarios - If you denounce him immediately, and he is found innocent, you lose a friend; with the alternative, you could lose your job and legacy.

I respectfully disagree. did he possibly kill himself in todays politically correct world yes, was he wrong in calling them liars? yes, but to demonstrate loyalty to a friend of 50 years IF he didnt have any knowlege is not a poor example. IMO it is a trait that is quickly dissapearing in today's world.
Blind loyalty is not a positive trait in my opinion.

I know, while he took the noble road, it wasn't the smart one. He needed to think worst case scenarios - If you denounce him immediately, and he is found innocent, you lose a friend; with the alternative, you could lose your job and legacy.
He didn't need to denounce him immediately. He could have stood by him. He just didn't need to call the alleged victims liars.

Yeah, this is certainly not how an adult should conduct himself. If Boeheim had just stopped with "I support Bernie," there would be no issue. Boeheim was either too arrogant or too stupid in this situation. Either way he is a poor example.

So JB's words are reason enough to disgrace the man's career by firing him mid season? I agree, it was poor judgment to call these individuals liars, but we can't imagine how he felt when these allegations came up, where he firmly believed Bernie was innocent. Also, those comments could have been geared towards the accuser accusing JB of seeing him in the hotel room. I believe JB has a chance to right his own ship by coming out strong against Bernie, as well as a heart felt apology for the accusers, although the dust has not settled completely on this situation.

SU is going to get heat.
Boeheim is going to get A LOT of heat.
For defending Fine but more so for calling the accusers liars.
There will be innuendo (how could you live nearby and not know anything?) and outright accusations (you looked the other way).
The university is going to have to investigate what he knew and what he did.
Who knows where that leads?

You are 100% right- these were tight- no way could there not be at least suspicion

Blind loyalty is not a positive trait in my opinion.

I wouldn't say it was blind loyalty. If every indication was your friend has done nothing wrong then that is just loyalty.

So JB's words are reason enough to discrace the man's career by firing him mid season? I agree, it was poor judgment to call these individuals liars, but we can't imagine how he felt when these allegations came up, where he firmly believed Bernie was innocent. I believe JB has a chance to right his own ship by coming out strong against Bernie, as well as a heart felt apology for the accusers, although the dust has not settled completely on this situation.
He should resign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom