Boeheim's candor | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's candor

OttoMets

Living Legend
Completely agree, but wow: "Every one of these games is a little bit of sadness for me. I know where all the good restaurants are now, and now I've got to go down to Clemson, S.C. I'm sure there's a couple of Denny's down there."

That'll play well with the new conference-mates. Love it.

Completely agree, but wow: "Every one of these games is a little bit of sadness for me. I know where all the good restaurants are now, and now I've got to go down to Clemson, S.C. I'm sure there's a couple of Denny's down there."
Jim knows the best Italian restaurants in every Big East city... and every NCAA site we've visited. I'm sure he will find them in Clemson (if Clemson has Italian restaurants).

Jim knows the best Italian restaurants in every Big East city... and every NCAA site we've visited. I'm sure he will find them in Clemson (if Clemson has Italian restaurants).

If not, I'm sure Denny's makes a mean chicken parm.

That'll play well with the new conference-mates. Love it.

AWESOME!! I love that guy. I'd like to go to a good italian restaurant with him sometime, especially since when I dine and ditch and then tell him it was just a misunderstanding, he'll be cool with it. I'm kidding, but JB and I see eye-to-eye on this one -- I've been to a bunch of ACC cities and there is no doubt that it will be a huge adjustment for any of us who enjoy attending away games.

He could go to Brioso Fresh Pasta in Clemson, but since they'll fly into and out of Greenville, SC...he'll go to Pasta Trattoria Giorgio in Greenville.

He could go to Brioso Fresh Pasta in Clemson, but since they'll fly into and out of Greenville, SC...he'll go to Pasta Trattoria Giorgio in Greenville.

pass.

Barbecue, baby, barbecue. Down here it makes Dino's taste like DiGiorno's.

At least he won't lose Louisville and Pittsburgh.. and he'll get Boston back. And we'll still play at least one game a year in NYC. But he'll probably miss Providence, Hartford, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cincy, Philly and some other spots where he knows restaurants. But it did not take him long to find the best Italian restaurant in SLC three years ago, so he will probably survive.

Jim's comment cracked me up. I guess Jim knows that Denny's headquarters is located in Spartanburg, just a short distance up I-85 from Clemson. Denny's are located all over SC. Since my wife won't go in one (or a Waffle House) I guess I won't get to see Jim when he travels to the Carolinas!

Jim's comment cracked me up. I guess Jim knows that Denny's headquarters is located in Spartanburg, just a short distance up I-85 from Clemson. Denny's are located all over SC. Since my wife won't go in one (or a Waffle House) I guess I won't get to see Jim when he travels to the Carolinas!

Eating at a waffle house is a pretty good chance at finding yourself in a crossfire in VA/DC.

With DePaul playing home games at the Allstate, Im not sure there is a lot of time to get to downtown Chicago. In fact, I would imagine a road trip to DePaul would be awful. Airport. Airport hotel. Allstate Arena. Airport. Shoot me.

Have you ever eaten at any of Greenville's restaurants... there's quite a few good one's in downtown Greenville.

I'm sure there are. I just like moaning about the demise of the big east.

Eating at a waffle house is a pretty good chance at finding yourself in a crossfire in VA/DC.

He may have to change his position on gun control now that we are in the ACC.

Boeheim is going to be the JT2 of this conference before he even plays a game.

With DePaul playing home games at the Allstate, Im not sure there is a lot of time to get to downtown Chicago. In fact, I would imagine a road trip to DePaul would be awful. Airport. Airport hotel. Allstate Arena. Airport. Shoot me.

While Chicago cuisine is unparalleled for innovation and rivaled by only NYC and SF in quality, several of the popular restaurants (mostly steakhouses and Lettuce Entertain You joints) have opened up shop in the Rosemont/Des Plaines area.

At least he won't lose Louisville and Pittsburgh.. and he'll get Boston back. And we'll still play at least one game a year in NYC. But he'll probably miss Providence, Hartford, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cincy, Philly and some other spots where he knows restaurants. But it did not take him long to find the best Italian restaurant in SLC three years ago, so he will probably survive.

If I recall the story correctly from SLC, PJ recommended the restaruant there. Forget Zagat's, if you want to know the best restaruants in any city, PJ is your man.

It's usually Morton's in Rosemont on the DePaul roadies.

Have you ever eaten at any of Greenville's restaurants... there's quite a few good one's in downtown Greenville.

I work in Greenville and there are some very good restaurants downtown. If anyone comes down for a Clemson game I highly recommend a visit to downtown Greenville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom