Boeheim's candor | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's candor

Completely agree, but wow: "Every one of these games is a little bit of sadness for me. I know where all the good restaurants are now, and now I've got to go down to Clemson, S.C. I'm sure there's a couple of Denny's down there."

That'll play well with the new conference-mates. Love it.

While that's funny, it sorta also smacks of a$sholery. If one of them there suthuhn coaches said the same kind of thing about having to breach the Mason Dixon, and bemoaned the paucity of good grits, we'd be all over him.

This is NCAA legal? I'm guessing it is because they are traveling, in Syracuse it would be a violation?

Here's why it's legit in the eyes of the NCAA:

1. The meal has to be pre-arranged at a restaurant, country club, etc.

2. It is considered a tax deductible donation to the athletic department.

He could go to Brioso Fresh Pasta in Clemson, but since they'll fly into and out of Greenville, SC...he'll go to Pasta Trattoria Giorgio in Greenville.
Downtown Greenville is a fun little corridor. Several good restaurants and a semi-decent brewery that I recall.

While that's funny, it sorta also smacks of a$sholery. If one of them there suthuhn coaches said the same kind of thing about having to breach the Mason Dixon, and bemoaned the paucity of good grits, we'd be all over him.

Maybe the stupid among us would.

He was obviously joking.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely. When Geno Auriemma says the same thing about Syracuse, I want to punch him in the head.

It's funny when Boeheim says it, though.

Who cares if Boeheim offends ACC people with his comments, joking or not. I have no interest in making nice-nice with the other programs and fans in the conference, only in beating the piss out of their mostly sh!tty basketball teams.

Maybe the stupid among us would.

He was obviously joking.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Remove your stick and relax.
• I said it was "funny."
• I said it "smacks of..." — look it up. Regardless of how JB intended it, he should realize he's being quoted by other media, and most people aren't going to see this 'in context' or in it's entirety. Someone more intelligent that you is going to be offended. Them sutherners take they food real serious.
• Do you believe the pidgin language in the second sentence of my original post indicates I'm taking it seriously or that I'm actually bothered by any of this?

Hose that stick off and set it agains the wall — outside. You'll probably need it later.

Grits are nasty.

I moved to the Carolinas 30 years ago from upstate NY. I tried grits and never liked them... they have no flavor! I might as well chew on cardboard. My wife and her family dress them up with butter, salt, pepper, eggs, jelly, bacon or sausage... anything to give the grits flavor. My thoughts were always "Why not just eat everything but the grits? It would be a normal breakfast then!"

However, the first time I ate Shrimp and Grits in Charleston I knew I would be a gritter from that time forward. But I still only eat grits as part of shrimp and grits. If JB can get past the fishy he might want to try shrimp and grits... anywhere but at Denny's...

SC has boiled peanuts too. It's an acquired taste...and I didn't acquire it. **blech**
Boiled peanuts & pork rinds...located at just about every roadside down here...
images

Remove your stick and relax.
• I said it was "funny."
• I said it "smacks of..." — look it up. Regardless of how JB intended it, he should realize he's being quoted by other media, and most people aren't going to see this 'in context' or in it's entirety. Someone more intelligent that you is going to be offended. Them sutherners take they food real serious.
• Do you believe the pidgin language in the second sentence of my original post indicates I'm taking it seriously or that I'm actually bothered by any of this?

Hose that stick off and set it agains the wall — outside. You'll probably need it later.

I was actually agreeing with you, and the stick up my ass tone was directed at the people who would be upset over a comment by an ACC coach making fun of Syracuse or the northeast, not at you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom