Booger McFarland - does this guy know anything about football? | Syracusefan.com

Booger McFarland - does this guy know anything about football?

texascpa

Living Legend
During the Pitt/UNC game "Just so fans know, you can only have 7 guys on the line of scrimmage". Uh, NO, Booger, you can have 10 if you want. You can't have LESS than 7 guys and only the guys on the outside are eligible to run down field.

The dude's name is booger

BOOGER
images-9.jpg

he is seriously terrible. just think, people that actually know something are getting fired so this guy can get more platform.

ESPN Layoffs are coming after thanksgiving. He could be one of the alleged "100 or so"

ESPN Layoffs are coming after thanksgiving. He could be one of the alleged "100 or so"
If performance counts (and it should) he should be one of the first to receive his pink slip. He is just awful.

Last edited:
If performance counts (and it should) he'll should be one of the first to receive his pink slip. He is just awful.

They may keep him for diversity, but if it comes down to quality, yeah he has to go. We've already caught him on 2 recent blatant screw-ups and it's not any of us are watching him 24-7 so I'm sure there are many more.

They may keep him for diversity, but if it comes down to quality, yeah he has to go. We've already caught him on 2 recent blatant screw-ups and it's not any of us are watching him 24-7 so I'm sure there are many more.
Diversity? Isn't that why they put up with Jemele Hill and Steven A?

Just give Booger his participation trophy and send him on his way. Oh, and btw, take the talentless loud mouth Max Kellerman with you.

do you have to play with a QB.. could you put all 11 on the line and then just snap to air? I know they removed the old syracuse rear facing snap rules but does it say you have to have 1 guy back?

Just give Booger his participation trophy and send him on his way. Oh, and btw, take the talentless loud mouth Max Kellerman with you.

I know, I know - but you never know what factors into these decisions. As far as Max, I enjoyed his back and forth with Woody Paige when he hosted Around the Horn but I wouldn't even know where to find him now.

It seems like we have an abundance of former B1G or SEC players as talking heads and very few from the ACC or PAC 12.

Maybe it's just me, but they are such homers it is hard to listen to them.

It seems like we have an abundance of former B1G or SEC players as talking heads and very few from the ACC or PAC 12.

Its not just that,Danielson is a homer, but I enjoy listening to him, Booger brings nothing to the table, its like they found some guy off the street and gave him a headset.

I caught the end of the Russillo show today and Jonathan Vilma was filling in. He's well spoken and clearly watches a ton of college football. Hopefully ESPN starts to use him more.

I caught the end of the Russillo show today and Jonathan Vilma was filling in. He's well spoken and clearly watches a ton of college football. Hopefully ESPN starts to use him more.

Vilma is really good, I would take him over Booger any day.

Is there a shortage of Boogers on TV?

Very true, he is just another SEC homer, ESPN thinks he's cute and a draw with his name and yes, probably adds to their minority hire quota. As for Jemelle and the dude; they would be bad as am overnight show, nevermind east coast prime time!!! ESPN is garbage. They do some things amazing like 30 for 30's, outside the lines, and actual game coverage of CF. other than that, all the suits debating, faces in a box, and orally servicing ex players...its a debacle.