BottomLine: Support the Program | Syracusefan.com

BottomLine: Support the Program

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
If your favorite guru didn't get picked...that is life. I hope you fall in line and support the program.

Remember it is the players and staff that makes or breaks the Head Coach. He is just the director. Let's see what type of staff gets assembled.

If your favorite guru didn't get picked...that is life. I hope you fall in line and support the program.

Remember it is the players and staff that makes or breaks the Head Coach. He is just the director. Let's see what type of staff gets assembled.

i didnt really have a favorite...i had a style.

and the style wasnt for the fancy new AD to hire his meathead buddy.

Sorry, but that's a loser's mentality. Yet that is what SU is basically admitting; that we are just going to "fall in line".

The "buddy" thing continues to annoy me. They went to the same college at slightly different times. Is there any other evidence anywhere that they are friends?

We all will, but need to have the chance to bitch, moan and vent - you know being a fan!

i have no choice. I'm addicted to Syracuse football. It's pathetic considering I also root for the Patriots but this is the ying to my yang existence.

Gotta let the guy speak...give us his thoughts on styles.

KaiserUEO said:
. i didnt really have a favorite...i had a style. and the style wasnt for the fancy new AD to hire his meathead buddy.

He didn't know him.

I have supported them through years and years of crap. With this hire they just pushed me out the door. If Maryland or psu said they are hiring Chris ash what do you think would happen. I'm guessing you wouldn't need to post something like that. The school would be calling for police to protect coyles as he left the building.

It's so true that if you say something enough times people begin to believe it even if it's not. Regarding the buddy thing.

Watch games- YES. Support- NO.

Total disaster and slap in the face. At the end of the day, the guy people thought was the consummate PRO, hired his old FRAT buddy. Is what it is.

Hacks hire their buddies. Pros hire best candidate for the job that needs to get done. Fix what is broken. You hired a DC to replace a better one as HC. Total BS.

Mark I appreciate the sentiment but honestly, we've been down this road before with these types of guys.

Maybe Ash is different - let's all hope he is.

But the cynicism being vented on these boards from the most diehard fans about this hire should be telling. We've seen this story before, and while not the exact story, we know how it usually ends.

I hope this time is different. I really do. But I sure am glad it's basketball season.

I have supported them through years and years of crap. With this hire they just pushed me out the door. If Maryland or psu said they are hiring Chris ash what do you think would happen. I'm guessing you wouldn't need to post something like that. The school would be calling for police to protect coyles as he left the building.
I didn't realize we had hired anybody yet.

i have no choice. I'm addicted to Syracuse football. It's pathetic considering I also root for the Patriots but this is the ying to my yang existence.

You're addicted to SU football after the past 15 years? Wow, I admire you as a fan. I remain interested but mostly just hope it gets me to the start of basketball season. I honestly expect very little.

Good riddance. The fewer halfass fairweather fans, the better.

You're addicted to SU football after the past 15 years? Wow, I admire you as a fan. I remain interested but mostly just hope it gets me to the start of basketball season. I honestly expect very little.
Says the guy with the handle " BILLSIN01" haha.

I didn't realize we had hired anybody yet.
Oh come on the writing is on the wall we got the guy that looks like Kim kardashians ex husband.

Mark I appreciate the sentiment but honestly, we've been down this road before with these types of guys.

Maybe Ash is different - let's all hope he is.

But the cynicism being vented on these boards from the most diehard fans about this hire should be telling. We've seen this story before, and while not the exact story, we know how it usually ends.

I hope this time is different. I really do. But I sure am glad it's basketball season.

Yeah, I'd argue Ash is an innocent bystander in the frustration. The university doesn't want to spend and doesn't really -- if they're being honest -- want to play with the big boys at least financially. Now, I could easily argue that they are smart for feeling this way -- so I'm not necessarily hammering them. But the bottom line is, there are challenges here that need to be overcome and continually hiring inexperienced head coaches on the cheap is a tough strategy to buy into.

Good riddance. The fewer halfass fairweather fans, the better.
Yeah that really sounds like me. How is jakes sentiment still going strong. Follow Syracuse and all their dumb mistakes because they are the only horse in town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom