Indiana 5-4
Utah St. 3-6
Missouri 2-7
Mich st 2-7
Maryland 5-4
Notre Dame 3-6
Virginia 2-7
Utep 3-6

I think you can throw out the 2-7s. Technically alive, but they're 2-7 for a reason. UVA has Miami and VT. Michigan State has Ohio State and Penn State. Mizzou has Tennessee and Arkansas.

You can also throw out ND. There is NO WAY they'd accept a bowl bid at 5-7.

I'll gladly accept a bowl bid at 5-7 when we have to play Clemson, Louisville, Florida State and Va Tech in conference as a rebuilding team and are one of the few idiot programs that refuses to schedule cupcakes OOC.

Updated list:
Duke 3-6
Northwestern 4-5
Vandy 4-5
Army 5-4
GaTech 5-4
North Texas 4-5
UCF 5-4
Illinois 3-6
Boston Coll. 4-5
Indiana 5-4
Utah St. 3-6
Missouri 2-7
Mich st 2-7
Maryland 5-4
Notre Dame 3-6
Virginia 2-7
Utep 3-6

duke no shot
NW gets to 6
GT gets to 6
army gets to 6
vandy gets to 5
ucf gets to 6
ILL wisc-iowa-NW. good chance they dont get to 5
BC Uconn is a must win for 5
Indy - beat purdue to get to 6
Maryland gets to 6
Utah no.. Loses to BYU and New mexico

Mizzi, Virg, MSU no

ND if they wont go

that leaves UNT-Utep they play each other and
Utep plays the 3 worst teams they could so 50/50
route for UNT to beat USM and Utep and Utep to split the 2 winnable games

so somewhere between 2 and 4 get to 5.

so if 2 get to 5 how many slots does that leave at 6 or better? thats the question.

80 bowl teams.. Sagarin top 80 has 7 who wont get to 6 so thats 73 and 3 AA teams

and leaves Miss/TT/NC state on the bubble

We need to beat NC st
so that makes the bubble at 72

I dont see more than 2 five win teams. but Vandy/NW getting to 5 doesnt move the bubble

After 80

Ohio is 73, New Mex 74, SMiss 75 , Cent Mich 76, UTSA 77

NTexas on the bubble too so 5-6 doesnt matter with them. They need to beat UTEP. so they are 78

Akron has 5, as does East Mich, Idaho, *(These 3 are the real bubble with Utah St/BC)

root for Vandy to beat Ole Miss and TA&M to beat Ole Miss this week
root for Miss St to lose to Ala and Arkansas that opens 2 more spots
TT to lose to Ok St and Baylor opens another

Summary - 129 FBS shools,
80 Bowl Slots,
49 Bowl Eligible teams (6+ wins),
6 teams with 5 wins and better APR than Cuse
16 teams eliminated (8+ losses or 7+ and a lower APR than Cuse) - Added UConn and Rutgers to this group this week.

Leaves 58 teams mathematically alive for 25 slots.

HCDB has teh kids ready for NCState and Pitt, with a chance at topping FSU. 6, possibly 7, wins and there is no need to worry.

HCDB has teh kids ready for NCState and Pitt, with a chance at topping FSU. 6, possibly 7, wins and there is no need to worry.

If Dungey is out I am very worried if not waving the white flag. If we have him for the last 3 games, we have a shot at 6.

I'll gladly accept a bowl bid at 5-7 when we have to play Clemson, Louisville, Florida State and Va Tech in conference as a rebuilding team and are one of the few idiot programs that refuses to schedule cupcakes OOC.

Herm says you only get one cupcake (Colgate) and you'll like it.

nc state we could beat with mahoney at qb need dungey back for fsu and pitt

A thread over at csnbbs is tracking teams...the OP updated his list and projects about 75/76 eligible teams. If true...it probably bodes well for Cuse to sneak in at 5-7.

BL: Win 6 and no worries but we gotta beat NCSt next Saturday to keep a realistic shot at the dream.

Bowl Eligible teams --- do we get to 80 or not?

nc st hung with clemson because clemson turned it over 4 times. clemson still had 500 yds of offense and nc st only scored 17.. we easily left 17 on the field.

nc st lost to bc and we beat them and we had better stats on both sides of the ball against BC

nc st lost to UL in a game they were never in.. as bad as we played we actually were in the game into the 4th. as bad as it was UL still had 550 against Nc st..

without Dungey it will be a bigger chore but we can still win

nc st hung with clemson because clemson turned it over 4 times. clemson still had 500 yds of offense and nc st only scored 17.. we easily left 17 on the field.

nc st lost to bc and we beat them and we had better stats on both sides of the ball against BC

nc st lost to UL in a game they were never in.. as bad as we played we actually were in the game into the 4th. as bad as it was UL still had 550 against Nc st..

without Dungey it will be a bigger chore but we can still win
our offense seems to function much better in the dome too

they lost to bc at home

Yeah NC St is definitely not a great team but I can't imagine Mahoney being able to run this offense efficiently enough. Hopefully Dungey plays and it's a moot point

Yeah NC St is definitely not a great team but I can't imagine Mahoney being able to run this offense efficiently enough. Hopefully Dungey plays and it's a moot point

i suspect if dungey was out we would adapt into more option looks mixed in with normal passes

Watching our team play another game this season, during the holidays? Also priceless, 5-7 be damned.
Also, a possibility if Cuse gets in at 5-7 they could be filling a slot for a G5 team...our opponent could be a team from the MAC or CUSA for example.

looks like acc might not be able to fill all its slots especially if bigten is in orange as that gives us the citrus bowl . i looked at bowls for usifd we win 6 i have military bowl as most likely

Also, a possibility if Cuse gets in at 5-7 they could be filling a slot for a G5 team...our opponent could be a team from the MAC or CUSA for example.

15 practices and a winnable game. What's not to love?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom