Boy there are a lot of great games today | Syracusefan.com

Boy there are a lot of great games today

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
I don't have cable so am missing Duke but caught the end of the W Va/Texas Tech game. WVa prevailed despite Tech shooting more than 90% from the line. (.941 to.786, WVa improved toward the end of the game)

And lots more to come, despite ten games being postponed not including ours.

I didn't know (that fact is a shocker) that good old ex St John's player Ron Rowan's son, Maverick , is a frosh at NC St. He played quite a bit today in their loss against Duke.

Then in a game last night I saw that Glenn Sekunda's son, Bryan, is a sophomore playing for Stony Brook.

While I'm thinking of OBG's I remember reading that Andy Rautin's younger brother(another of Leo's sons), maybe his name was Sam, left local school at J-D and went to Toronto, Canada to play basketball. Anyone hear how he's doing? Haven't hear his name in a long time.

I don't know the answers to your questions Cherie. I am enjoying the end of the Louisville game now, tied at 57 with 7 1/2 minutes to go

Wierd ending in the Pitt/FSU. At one point late FSU got awarded a single technical foul shot because of something...Never really got clarified. FSU was tied with a minute to go and proceeded to have 3 turnovers

Ordinarily I'd be rooting for the Georgia techs and FSUs to pull off the upset but since we are still in the bottom half of the league we are in competition with them for an at large bid so nope, not this year.

Does anyone know if we tried to recruit Arinze's brother who is at Louisville?

AZ playing the traditional 2-3 zone against a decent Cal team.

Ordinarily I'd be rooting for the Georgia techs and FSUs to pull off the upset but since we are still in the bottom half of the league we are in competition with them for an at large bid so nope, not this year.

Does anyone know if we tried to recruit Arinze's brother who is at Louisville?

Chin didn't want to come to SU. No harm. He wanted to do his own thing.

Thanks Pete. Yes that is a valid choice. Some kids want to establish or continue family dynasties, others would be smothered if they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom