Brace yourself mods | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be a balanced team. Good offense, good defense, good specials. Doesn't have to be dazzling. We win, the fans come back.

personally I think that's even worse. We go from a three year head coach to zero hc experience. I'm not getting into the shafer time management issues just in general this doesn't make sense. It's Almost like he hit reset and started us back from three years ago.

Maybe he is a better coach? It is possible you know. I love Shafer but he made mistakes that cost him his job. Most notably on the Offensive side of the ball. Adam, McF***it and to a lesser degree Lester.

Is it possible that he hires the best man for the job and not a friend and makes decisions based on performance instead of relationship? Remains to be seen, but make no mistake, Urban hired him to fix the defense, not because he was buddies with him.

CuseOnly said:
Maybe he is a better coach? It is possible you know. I love Shafer but he made mistakes that cost him his job. Most notably on the Offensive side of the ball. Adam, McF***it and to a lesser degree Lester. Is it possible that he hires the best man for the job and not a friend and makes decisions based on performance instead of relationship? Remains to be seen, but make no mistake, Urban hired him to fix the defense, not because he was buddies with him.

Yeah - it's possible.

I think the reaction you're seeing is that on the surface is appears the philosophy is the same. Many saw the change in AD and then HC as a chance to try something different.

Yeah - it's possible.

I think the reaction you're seeing is that on the surface is appears the philosophy is the same. Many saw the change in AD and then HC as a chance to try something different.

I don't want to "try" anything just to try something new. I think the success of the hire is more on the assistants and coordinators than it is on the HC. Those are things we don't know at this point.

But I do know this...if it's Ash, it's a descision based on the fact that we aren't paying much, and he's what the administration will allow us to afford. I can only imagine what kind of assistants we'll be limited to.

#istandwithmeat
images

Hiring the football coach that'll turn around the program is basically Coyles main job here. He almost has no role with respect to our flagship program. Do people really think Coyle and Syverud are not taking this seriously and will hand the program to someone unqualified. The ONLY thing we know about this admin is that so far they've been the real deal on everything they've done. Most of the opinions in here are by people that didn't know the first thing about any of these guys until the past week.

No sign of a true sheetstorm yet. Just one poster banned? Bah, that ain't nothing.

The OP must have bought into the American model.
There have been others...

CuseOnly said:
I don't want to "try" anything just to try something new. I think the success of the hire is more on the assistants and coordinators than it is on the HC. Those are things we don't know at this point.

It's not about trying something because it's new. It's about trying something new because the other way isn't working.

Hiring the football coach that'll turn around the program is basically Coyles main job here. He almost has no role with respect to our flagship program. Do people really think Coyle and Syverud are not taking this seriously and will hand the program to someone unqualified. The ONLY thing we know about this admin is that so far they've been the real deal on everything they've done. Most of the opinions in here are by people that didn't know the first thing about any of these guys until the past week.
We also now know they are still trying to do this on the cheap. It is really disconcerting that they think we can compete in the ACC with a miserly budget. Miami is willing to spend up to $4 million per year, Virginia Tech is paying Fuentes $20 million over six years, UVA is interviewing Mark Right who makes more than that and we can't land our first choice at $1.2 because of incentives.

Apparently, all they hope for is mediocrity in order to collect ACC money without being a cellar dweller. If they expect more than that they are not living in the real world. Very disappointing.

It's not about trying something because it's new. It's about trying something new because the other way isn't working.
I respect the take. Totally fair, totally reasonable.

I'm way past that. I'm tired of trying to think in terms of fairness. It's time for us to go full meathead for offense. I'm ready to see a guy that puts all his best athletes on offense, scores as much as possible, and has "put 11 guys out there" as his defensive philosophy.

We also now know they are still trying to do this on the cheap. It is really disconcerting that they think we can compete in the ACC with a miserly budget. Miami is willing to spend up to $4 million per year, Virginia Tech is paying Fuentes $20 million over six years, UVA is interviewing Mark Right who makes more than that and we can't land our first choice at $1.2 because of incentives.

Apparently, all they hope for is mediocrity in order to collect ACC money without being a cellar dweller. If they expect more than that they are not living in the real world. Very disappointing.
Honestly, if the plan was for us to be content to be a punching bag in football, I'm disappointed in the ACC. They should have left us out in the cold.

If that's the plan.

Couldn't agree more.

We need to be a balanced team. Good offense, good defense, good specials. Doesn't have to be dazzling. We win, the fans come back.
Screw balance. All striving for balance will get us is being less than average at everything.

Screw balance. All striving for balance will get us is being less than average at everything.
being balanced in your ability to run and throw is great
being balanced in yards or plays despite defenses begging you to be unbalanced is not great

being balanced in your ability to run and throw is great
being balanced in yards or plays despite defenses begging you to be unbalanced is not great

did you sleep last night?

Ive hid from the boards the past month or so in waiting for the new candidate. I am really excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom