Brace yourself mods | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to stay positive and realistic. Given the openings the SU job is probably the 7th or 8th best job open, so a coordinator might be the best the school can get. #prayfordino
Well how about hire an offensive coordinator then ? Not some co defensive coordinator.

hard to imagine anything until he hires an OC and DC.
theres already guys wavering depending on the head coach, you bring in an offensive guy I think we keep Moe, Rex and company, you dont, they walk.. just my opinion

Quicker then I thought...
Capture.PNG

Sanford seems like an interesting candidate to me. Unfortunately, he's probably staying at ND.

As much as posters here like to be overly-emotional and have fun, this is a collection of some of the most informed Syracuse Football fans that exist. And the overwhelming consensus is that the program needs an offensive minded head coach who can take advantage of playing home games in a Dome - something we have yet to see.

Getting news that the opposite is happening is a little tough to take.

there is some truth to that.

But a football coach is a football coach. We have no idea what kind of offense he will install. But just because he is defensive minded coach doesnt mean he wont be open minded.

Quicker then I thought...
View attachment 54086
I wanted a new HC badly, but if you told me we were going to hire Chris Ash i would have given Scott Shafer a 3 year extension and give him a chance.

Ash is going to need on the job training as a HC. Sorry I get numb thinking this is best Coyle could do. Like seriously numb and I wanted SS gone. I mean Coyle can't be this irrational. It makes no sense.

Exactly. He could take on an OC with serious firepower then all these depressing messages will be pointless.
An OC with serious firepower is going to be interviewing for HC positions and not making a lateral move to be the OC for a secondary coach to rebuild a football program. The OC will probably end up being a former OL coach at Wisconsin or Iowa St that Ash used to pound beers with after B1G games.

Well how about hire an offensive coordinator then ? Not some co defensive coordinator.

He may not even be that at OSU. That may be a title for pay grade consideration as much as anything. He has, however, been a DC at Wisconsin and Arkansas. So he fits that profile.

I wanted a new HC badly, but if you told me we were going to hire Chris Ash i would have given Scott Shafer a 3 year extension and give him a chance.

Ash is going to need on the job training as a HC. Sorry I get numb thinking this is best Coyle could do. Like seriously numb and I wanted SS gone. I mean Coyle can't be this irrational. It makes no sense.
You can imagine how pissed I am, since I wanted to keep HCSS

Its funny, I wanted SS to stay another year. But I would be OK with this hire.

But a football coach is a football coach. We have no idea what kind of offense he will install. But just because he is defensive minded coach doesnt mean he wont be open minded.
No, a football coach is not a football coach. There are good football coaches and bad football coaches. There are good fits and bad fits.

On the microscopic chance that Ash is able to convince a bright young offensive coordinator to come here, he will last maybe a season before being offered a better opportunity. The only way to keep a system like that in place is if it's run by the HEAD coach.

This is reason #181 why hiring a defensive coach for this program at this time is a sign of AD incompetence.

You're being far too sensible.

Look, this guy might end up being the greatest coach in the history of football. No one knows. But what we do know is that it was said that the vision was for the Dome to be a place for exciting football. This hire doesn't say that. It doesn't create a splash. We just hired a guy with a resume like the guy we just fired. A couple of differences, the last guy loved the place and knew after 7 years what Syracuse was about. This guy (and the guy that hired him) have no clue. Yes, we have to give him a fair chance, but I find it a disappointing hire. Wanted offense. At the end, Coyle hired a friend.

This nails it. If it's Ash, hope he does well and we have to give him a chance but it looks a lot like Shafer 2.0 and generates less buzz than an exhibition men's bball victory.

No, a football coach is not a football coach. There are good football coaches and bad football coaches. There are good fits and bad fits.

On the microscopic chance that Ash is able to convince a bright young offensive coordinator to come here, he will last maybe a season before being offered a better opportunity. The only way to keep a system like that in place is if it's run by the HEAD coach.

This is reason #181 why hiring a defensive coach for this program at this time is a sign of AD incompetence.

Very true there are good football coaches and bad coaches and good fits and bad fits.

Being an offensive/defensive minded coach doesn't fit into good/bad coach good/bad fit.

we dont NEED an offensive minded coach. If Nick Saban or Pete Carrol walked in here we would win over just about any other coach in the world.

Very true there are good football coaches and bad coaches and good fits and bad fits.

Being an offensive/defensive minded coach doesn't fit into good/bad coach good/bad fit.

we dont NEED an offensive minded coach. If Nick Saban or Pete Carrol walked in here we would win over just about any other coach in the world.
Ash is not Pete Carroll or Nick Saban.

No sign of a true sheetstorm yet. Just one poster banned? Bah, that ain't nothing.

The OP must have bought into the American model.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-1_13-57-42.png
    upload_2015-12-1_13-57-42.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 201
Are we supposed to be able to read that?! Someone get this guy screen shot lessons.[/Q

sorry man, was trying to quick post it. I posted before I realized how small it came it..

Good thing we have more than one moderator with how much posting is going on. Has anyone actually been able to keep track of every thread and still keep your job?

upload_2015-12-1_14-1-26.png

not sure if this is legit, cant watch it from my office,

Maybe Ash knows a heckofa OC that he has coached against or the like? MAC or a school similar. I think this will play out a lot better than a most people think.

He may not even be that at OSU. That may be a title for pay grade consideration as much as anything. He has, however, been a DC at Wisconsin and Arkansas. So he fits that profile.

Can we stop with the "Ash is not a coordinator" stuff? Do people really think he left a coordinator position and took a pay cut to go be a safeties coach at OSU?

He has coaching chops. Meyer knows this. Meyer went out and got his man. Meyer doesn't f'around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom