Brace yourself mods | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honeymoon is over for Coyle. We win 2 NCs in Olympic Sports and compound that with another on the job football hiring.

Honestly this hire is baffling if it goes down. I mean seriously it makes no sense. Other than hiring a friend.

Go hire Eddie O over him. This hire makes no sense why is Coyle doing this.
Because I can trust my college buddy to have my back.

The meltdown is epic. I love the "Coyle doesn't know what he's doing" stuff before the coach announcement is even made, much less the coach even steps foot on the field.
This.
We might wanna call this the " Mcnabb-PORZINGIS Effect ",
i.e.; Boo, Hiss, have a conniption, based on little known or tangible facts.
Its totally premature & irrational, IMO.

So my favorite baseball team spends 217 million dollars on David Price and my college alma mater hires Chris Ash as football coach.

Wow sometimes.

We have the ban button all dusted off if it gets out of hand. This isn't Syracuse.com although some try to make it that.
I wouldn't mind seeing a one week moratorium on posting rights to newbies...

Alsacs said:
So my favorite baseball team spends 217 million dollars on David Price and my college alma mater hires Chris Ash as football coach. Wow sometimes.

That's four times what Alabama spends on its football program each year.

And, yes, I'm a Sox fan as well. So I appreciate your humor.

That's four times what Alabama spends on its football program each year.

And, yes, I'm a Sox fan as well. So I appreciate your humor.
Price was excellent in the playoffs pitching mop up duty. A lot to pay a starter not trusted in the playoffs.

So, tomorrow is really Ash Wednesday?

Price was excellent in the playoffs pitching mop up duty. A lot to pay a starter not trusted in the playoffs.
My point was though the Sox went for a splash even though the back end will be dead money. Syracuse went penny pitching and no sizzle.

So my favorite baseball team spends 217 million dollars on David Price and my college alma mater hires Chris Ash as football coach.

Wow sometimes.

Convince John Henry to become a Syracuse fan. Problem solved.

My roller coaster ride this year as told by emoji's
Sept 3rd:eat popcorn: Sept 4th:), Sept 12th:), Sept 19th:), Sept 26th:E, Oct 10th :vomit:, Oct. 17th :bang:, Oct. 24th :(, Oct. 31 :(,
Nov. 7th couchburn, Nov 14 :noidea:, Nov. 21 :bang:, Nov 28th ;)

Nov. 30th-Dec. 1st:eat popcorn:, Now...:rolling::bat:couchburn

Last edited:
Jumping-Out-of-Window.gif

So the "new direction" Coyle wanted to go in is a Def. coordinator with no HC experience, and an unknown offensive philosophy? Wait...

I don't believe that Coyle said new direction, he said new leadership. Sort of 2 different things.

Yes, you're correct. But does is it really something different? Shafer was a leader who kept kids out of trouble, and the gpa's high. So in terms of leadership, I'm guessing he meant on the field, as he was an excellent leader off of it. A new leader on the field, to me, and maybe it's just me, would mean someone who brings something different to the table. Ash, at the surface does not appear to be that to me.

I don't believe that Coyle said new direction, he said new leadership. Sort of 2 different things.
personally I think that's even worse. We go from a three year head coach to zero hc experience. I'm not getting into the shafer time management issues just in general this doesn't make sense. It's Almost like he hit reset and started us back from three years ago.

Yes, you're correct. But does is it really something different? Shafer was a leader who kept kids out of trouble, and the gpa's high. So in terms of leadership, I'm guessing he meant on the field, as he was an excellent leader off of it. A new leader on the field, to me, and maybe it's just me, would mean someone who brings something different to the table. Ash, at the surface does not appear to be that to me.

What?

New leadership does not necessarily mean new philosophy. And it also does not mean new direction. The job is the same for everyone, win games, it's pretty simple.

If we go 12-0 and win every game a rock fight, I would be pretty happy. If we go 3-9 and look dazzling, I would be pissed and asses don't stay in seats for 3-9 seasons regardless how cool an offense you run. People will still be walking away pissed because we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom