Breaking News Lane Kiffin fired | Syracusefan.com

Breaking News Lane Kiffin fired

The Paulie Shore of coaching. Could never figure out why he got jobs.
Probably his old man's connections got him started. On ESPN they said he was one of the most respected "offensive minds" in the game. Didn't realize this but he was calling all the plays. Some of his staff felt that if he was going to do that, then he should be up in the booth. Very tough to succeed as a head coach with play calling responsibility at a major BCS school.

Kiffin to Texas?
Kiffin won't get a head coaching job for a while. He will be an assistant somewhere for a bunch of years. Fired in Oakland. A disaster at Tennessee and how he left there. Now fired at USC. He is damaged goods and won't get another head coaching job for a while

Damn shame. USCw needed to keep him around for much longer. He has definitely taken their program in the right direction. :D
He actually has cleaned up their off the field situation and has had almost no issues with the players and no NCAA issues with the school. He does get credit for that. But X and O wise and on the field its been a train-wreck for Lane.

In other news Holgerson continues to give WVU just enough to maintain a level of mediocrity. I bring it because when I think of over rated tools, Lane and Dana are two peas in a pod.

Wait - is it possible to be a tool and a db at the same time?

I'm going to watch Alshon Jeffrey's twitter to see if I can spy any "pumping gas" comments.
Maybe he and Tebow will be hired at the Jags... that'll fill the seats almost as much as free beer.

Where was the evidence that this guy was ever a good coach? He was 5-15 with the Raiders, 7-6 in his one year at Tennessee and 28-15 at USC, 10-8 the last two years when they were supposedly emerging form the probation to compete for national titles. Total: 40-36 at three legendary jobs. On top of that he was arrogant and burned bridges all around him.

He was never coming here. If he had he would have been here only as long as it to him to get a better job. He's not a good coach and nobody likes him. End of story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom