2018 95 Baylor
2019 21 Temple
2020 106 Rutgers
2021 98 Rutgers
2022 15 Georgia
2023 7 Georgia

5 years 95th or worse
6 years 23rd or better

He made a difference at temple. Baylor and Rutgers, not so much during his time there anyway

Shrug

Opponent passer rating ranking nationally
2013 107 Temple
2014 20 Temple
2015 23 Temple
2016 13 Temple
2017 119 Baylor
2018 95 Baylor
2019 21 Temple
2020 106 Rutgers
2021 98 Rutgers
2022 15 Georgia
2023 7 Georgia

5 years 95th or worse
6 years 23rd or better

He made a difference at temple. Baylor and Rutgers, not so much during his time there anyway

Shrug
We'll find out in 2-3 years how all this is gonna play out. Best case scenario is other teams want him in 3 years, and we work our tails off to retain him. Worst case scenario is we don't even want him anymore and cannot afford to let go of him. Somewhere in between is he moves on and leaves the program in shambles.

I hope he assembles a great staff, people more experienced than him, first and foremost. Then, lets that staff do its thing, without micromanaging. 1st thing I'll be evaluating.

The talent he acquires will be more telling in year 2 than year 1. Every one of these similar coach hire examples I have seen, that failed, all succeeded in the first year or two, then started failing. If he has some kind of high level recruiting competence, we will really know come signing day in 2 years.

Then, will the talent develop? Will they be good student athletes and represent the U well?

Huge gamble. Definitely won't be boring. Excited to see how it plays out.

Would love to have been a fly on the well when the powers that be were pushing for him over Chesney, the arguments made. If I'm Chesney and I ultimately get the BC job, all my energies would be focused on beating the snot out of SU. Not wishing for that, but am worried about it.

Meh. Not sure what this tells us?
His secondaries tend to be very good or really bad

I think secondary factors heavily into how well QBs do against you but ymmv

Last edited:
I dunno how that’s exactly calculated but b12 passing might over index national norms and make those Baylor years look worse than they really are. Or not, but just a thought on context.

I dunno how that’s exactly calculated but b12 passing might over index national norms and make those Baylor years look worse than they really are. Or not, but just a thought on context.
It's just the standard normal NCAA passer rating.

Looks like it continuously improved year over year at every stop.
Improve to 95-100 twice

We are going all in on recruiting, there is not much else to go off of.

You can pay recruits now and we went all in on recruiting with a defense guy...

I hope he's great

I think ESPN guy cares a lot about rizz

Last edited:
Improve to 95-100 twice

We are going all in on recruiting, there is not much else to go off of.

You can pay recruits now and we went all in on recruiting with a defense guy...

I'm not going to get into the weeds on a teams opponent passer rating because it's not a good measure of defensive backs.

Believe me, I can't shake the feeling this is going to be a disaster but I have to see how the staff shakes out. I'm way more worried if he has the chops to be the CEO; organize and manage a +/- 200 person operation.

2013 107 Temple
2014 20 Temple
2015 23 Temple
2016 13 Temple
2017 119 Baylor
2018 95 Baylor
2019 21 Temple
2020 106 Rutgers
2021 98 Rutgers
2022 15 Georgia
2023 7 Georgia

2012 Temple 120 so to 107 then 20ish and stayed there.. Thats good

2016-2018 Baylor was really bad as a team 2019 they started to get better again and played in NYs Day bowl, That could be a function of the wacky offenses they see in that league and the style of offense they ran.

Georgia is Georgia.. When the Dlines create pressure DBs dont have to be as good.

Ha! I get ya. I do. It's a brave new world and you'd have preferred Mike Leech's remains over a defensive minded coach who is known as a recruiter.

It'll be a fun ride, no need to dig into the bowels of the Internet to find Rutgers stats that you can bend to your narrative*. Live a little, my guy.

*Bending stats to narratives is my game bruh

2013 107 Temple
2014 20 Temple
2015 23 Temple
2016 13 Temple
2017 119 Baylor
2018 95 Baylor
2019 21 Temple
2020 106 Rutgers
2021 98 Rutgers
2022 15 Georgia
2023 7 Georgia

2012 Temple 120 so to 107 then 20ish and stayed there.. Thats good

2016-2018 Baylor was really bad as a team 2019 they started to get better again and played in NYs Day bowl, That could be a function of the wacky offenses they see in that league and the style of offense they ran.

Georgia is Georgia.. When the Dlines create pressure DBs dont have to be as good.
If he can't stop wacky offenses, I think we should've gotten someone from the wacky offenses. But babers was a quitter fraud so we gotta do everything the opposite way this time

I'm not freaking out, maybe we get lucky with a good oc and no matter what happens we aren't going to wait long to go through this all over again

Ha! I get ya. I do. It's a brave new world and you'd have preferred Mike Leech's remains over a defensive minded coach who is known as a recruiter.

It'll be a fun ride, no need to dig into the bowels of the Internet to find Rutgers stats that you can bend to your narrative*. Live a little, my guy.

*Bending stats to narratives is my game bruh
What did I bend? It's a stat listed everywhere, people are familiar with it, I didn't bend anything, I just listed the ranking of teams he coached. It really isn't that triggering

Good thing he went to a league where most of the teams have no QBs then
In which case you don't need a HC with a lot of db coach experience

Hope he can recruit a QB and leave him to a good oc.

What did I bend? It's a stat listed everywhere, people are familiar with it, I didn't bend anything, I just listed the ranking of teams he coached. It really isn't that triggering
I’m not triggered lol

Just brushing you back, little too over the plate. I don’t think anyone who looks at his resume and has questions is out of line. I think we all see that stuff. My take is it’s a big gamble and maybe it works out. I’ll support him and allow myself to dream a bit

I mean you could say this about mcf-it and Spence
I’m just saying he won’t be the DB coach, or even the DC. He will hire guys to do that.

I’m just saying he won’t be the DB coach, or even the DC. He will hire guys to do that.
Doesn't that imply that the history of performance on the field of the players he coached doesn't matter for first time head coaches

The Sabres tried this with Ralph Krueger

So what does this mean? What was SU ranked this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom