Brush with greatness (worthless ramblings) | Syracusefan.com

Brush with greatness (worthless ramblings)

durhamcuse

Walk On
While just now driving to work at Duke, I found myself stuck by a work crew that was blocking all traffic on Campus Road (actually known as Towerview Road - the road to Cameron). There was one car ahead of me. The workman ambled up to the driver of the first car and motioned for him to turnaround. As the nice Mercedes spun around, I saw Grayson Allen driving this car. He smiled at me and I followed his lead by turning around. At least in this instance, he was the point man.

This is up there with passing by and receiving a Hello from Coach K on the Golf Course trail as we were both running. It was when he took a break from coaching to recover.

At this point in his career (Grayson, not Coach K), I find a lot to like about this player. He is very talented and cocky, but he doesn't seem like a jerk. I'm sure he will annoy me in the future (if he doesn't turn pro after this year), just because of how great a player he is becoming.

Go Orangemen!

Sounds amazing.

Amazing story.

Wish I could have seen it. Would have been amazing.

Amazing.

Amazing.
Let's just say that I was amazed. Not by the type of car he drives, but by how clean he looks. He needs to get some pointers from Cooney:)

While just now driving to work at Duke, I found myself stuck by a work crew that was blocking all traffic on Campus Road (actually known as Towerview Road - the road to Cameron). There was one car ahead of me. The workman ambled up to the driver of the first car and motioned for him to turnaround. As the nice Mercedes spun around, I saw Grayson Allen driving this car. He smiled at me and I followed his lead by turning around. At least in this instance, he was the point man.

This is up there with passing by and receiving a Hello from Coach K on the Golf Course trail as we were both running. It was when he took a break from coaching to recover.

At this point in his career (Grayson, not Coach K), I find a lot to like about this player. He is very talented and cocky, but he doesn't seem like a jerk. I'm sure he will annoy me in the future (if he doesn't turn pro after this year), just because of how great a player he is becoming.

Go Orangemen!

Most unusual.
I understand he usually has his butler/chauffere Alfred doing the driving.

Does his family have money? If not, how is he driving a Mercedes? Semi-rhetorical question :rolleyes:

This isn't really a good question to ask or we'd be throwing heavy stones in a sugar glass house.

Hard to find any actual information, but both his parents work. His dad is some type of government contractor and his mom is a human resources manager I believe. Maybe they were smart and saved money for his college fund and that's what he's driving now. Maybe. Or maybe Okafor rewarded him with the car after coming off the bench and helping secure the national championship and securing Okafor's spot in the draft.

Go Orangemen!

You have a high threshold for jerk.

Admittedly, mine is quite low when it comes to Duke players:

Duke + White + Handchecking Guard + I want to punch you face= Assumed Douchebag

Last edited:
He's the new Laettner. Duke doosh.

I actually really like that kid's game. Good athlete, fun to watch. His dunk reel from high school is pretty sick. Less douchey than most Dukies.

Boy this really brings back memories of my college days. Care free and driving my Mercedes to and fro. Oh to be 19 again!

8944994121_ac062bd89c_b.jpg

Couple of thoughts/ observations here:
There is something unlikable about people who's first and last names could be swapped i.e.
Allen Grayson, Grayson Allen, or even worse, Graylen Allson.

Has anyone else noticed that he has "razor lips"?
Coach K also has "Razor lips".

Do people with "razor lips" have a propensity to make cutting comments? Do they need to chew their food any less than we do? Do women with razor lips buy significantly less lipstick than normally lipped women? If Angelina Jolie had razor lips would Brad Pitt had anything to do with her?

Jeeze...this board certainly is thought provoking!

edit: btw ... Alan Grayson is an uber liberal congressman from Florida.

Boy this really brings back memories of my college days. Care free and driving my Mercedes to and fro. Oh to be 19 again!

8944994121_ac062bd89c_b.jpg
Are those pay phones on the corner? Most here probably don't even know what I am talking about right now...

Meanwhile JB had to turn in his keys to the Bill Rapp Pontiac while he served his 9 games. It pays to play at Duke!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom