Bryant | Syracusefan.com

Bryant

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Anyone watch the IU - RU game? How did Bryant foul out in 6 minutes, with 3 points, 1 rebound and 2 turnovers? Yikes.

His lack of lateral movement gets exposed with Indiana not able to keep guards out of the paint.

I'm less shocked at the fouls he gets, but how poor of a rebounder he is.

It looks like we dodged a bullet on that one! ;)

At least that's what I try to convince myself with a guy who is still averaging 12pts/6 rebounds in just under 23 minutes a game.

HOWEVER, I am convinced (and I haven't started my pre-game drinking yet so I'm sober) that Coleman could match these stats along with better free throw shooting IF we would commit to playing him more and looking to involve him more in the offense. We have shown signs of doing so lately, which is nice to see... I just hope it continues because I firmly believe that DC2 could be a difference maker if we keep feeding the beast.

I think the kid is very talented - but like most freshmen he has plenty of room for improvement and to mature. I just was wondering how he got that many fouls in such little time against Rutgers? I didn't see the game just checked the stats, saw he only had 6 minutes and 5 fouls - that's tough to do.

It looks like we dodged a bullet on that one! ;)

At least that's what I try to convince myself with a guy who is still averaging 12pts/6 rebounds in just under 23 minutes a game.

HOWEVER, I am convinced (and I haven't started my pre-game drinking yet so I'm sober) that Coleman could match these stats along with better free throw shooting IF we would commit to playing him more and looking to involve him more in the offense. We have shown signs of doing so lately, which is nice to see... I just hope it continues because I firmly believe that DC2 could be a difference maker if we keep feeding the beast.

There is little question that Bryant was a big loss for the program. On the flip side, he has been a head case at IU every time I've seen him play.

As for DC...hope you're right. I think we will know a lot more about how effective he can, or can not be, now that league play starts. For me, it's not an issue of "feeding the beast." It's more about how he will match up now with post players that are bigger and stronger than the recent OOC teams.

I think the kid is very talented - but like most freshmen he has plenty of room for improvement and to mature. I just was wondering how he got that many fouls in such little time against Rutgers? I didn't see the game just checked the stats, saw he only had 6 minutes and 5 fouls - that's tough to do.

Very talented kid, but he also has some maturity issues.

Anyone watch the IU - RU game? How did Bryant foul out in 6 minutes, with 3 points, 1 rebound and 2 turnovers? Yikes.

Etan Thomas managed to foul out against Georgetown in 7 minutes his freshman year in the game Donovan came in to save the day. So it is possible - but very rare and rather difficult to do. Of course, it's probably much easier to do that against Georgetown with their style of play than Rutgers

Etan Thomas managed to foul out against Georgetown in 7 minutes his freshman year in the game Donovan came in to save the day. So it is possible - but very rare and rather difficult to do. Of course, it's probably much easier to do that against Georgetown with their style of play than Rutgers
I was at that game. Impressive feat by etan. Firsg time ive seen a guy go out in the first half.

I've never been impressed by Bryant. He has more desire than talent, and I have a feeling he overrates himself to the extent that he will go pro before he's ready and before he's good enough to really help his college team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom