BTW, this is going to be a REALLY good team next year. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BTW, this is going to be a REALLY good team next year.

One would think seeing Dungey progress as I expect and get better recruiting WRs would become easier. Amazing to me that they only took one this year. I'd like to see them leverage what I am expecting to be a much improved passing game going forward to convince at least one more WR to come.

Agree 100%. Having a quality QB and a track record of success to sell on the recruiting trail will REALLY give our coaches something to sell on the recruiting trail.

I love Estime / Ishmael, but WR is a positional unit where we clearly need to upgrade.

That's why it is so imperative to get to a bowl this year. The momentum we'd have heading into next year would be unbelievable.

I want to see more this season, but as of right now i'd prefer to see a shuffling around of the staff. I think he has proven his worth, and some on the recruiting trail. OL play, not so much.

I think at worst Adam will move to DL. It will be hard to keep both Bullough and Daoust IMO. Someone will come looking for one if not both of them.

Palmer is a redshirt junior. I believe Shanley could come back also if a scholarship were extended but am not totally sure. I imagine before the year is out another o lineman sees time. Duerig should be the C.

Forgot about Palmer's redshirt. They would have to put Shanley on scholarship to bring him back, but with limited numbers, will he and/or Emerich be asked back? Without getting into possible transfers, I don't know if the staff wants to commit to both of those guys, but maybe they do.

Forgot about Palmer's redshirt. They would have to put Shanley on scholarship to bring him back, but with limited numbers, will he and/or Emerich be asked back? Without getting into possible transfers, I don't know if the staff wants to commit to both of those guys, but maybe they do.

It will be interesting. Shafer could choose to go all in on the young guys, playing Palmer as the only upperclassman. Which means we would be a year away (2017). If we get to 7 losses this year and have a game left, I think we should see if Shanley is in the future plans. If he is not, then there is no reason to play him at that point.

I kind of hope Dungey "sprains" his big toe or has "tightness" in his shoulder for the LSU game and misses a start.

Lose the battle to win more games down the line. Hate to lose him in a close to can't win scenario.

really Adrian?

I think at worst Adam will move to DL. It will be hard to keep both Bullough and Daoust IMO. Someone will come looking for one if not both of them.
We shouldn't lose both Daoust & Bullough this off-season b/c if Bullough leaves Daoust is promoted to DC

I think I actually prefer Bullough moves on this off season so Daoust can step up to DC. Otherwise Daoust will split for another DC gig this offseason, Bullough leaves for NFL following year and we lose both

Yes they are, but here is too hoping they are a year ahead of schedule, a we can surprise some people.

I see no reason why Shanley would not return given if he has another year of eligibility.

I see no reason why Emerich would not return. People lately have been tossing around taking the degree and leaving or not being invited back like it’s common practice. Its not. Emerich is #2 and played well replacing Trudo Saturday. If he’s not the starting center next year it’s because Duerig is lights out.

I think we're fine at Guard next year. Tackle is the concern though at least 1 starter (Palmer) returns and Cody Conway probably also gets the nod. Tackle depth will be a big concern.

C - Donnie Foster 6-3 310 JR
C – Andrejas Duerig – 6-3 297 – RFR
C – Jason Emerich – 6-3 273 - SR

OG – Aaron Roberts – 6-4 280 - SO
OG – Sam Clausman - 6-3 317 – RFR
OG – Evan Adams - 6-6 314 – RFR
OG – Alex Hayes – 6-2 279 – JR
OG – Seamus Shanley – 6-1 281 – SR

OT – Omari Palmer - 6-3 205 – SR
OT – Cody Conway – 6-3 305 – SO
OT – Colin Byrne – 6-5 303 - RFR
OT – Jamar McGloster – 6-7 319 – JR
OT – Joe Burton – 6-8 304 – JR
OT – Denzel Ward – 6-8 325 – SO

We shouldn't lose both Daoust & Bullough this off-season b/c if Bullough leaves Daoust is promoted to DC

I think I actually prefer Bullough moves on this off season so Daoust can step up to DC. Otherwise Daoust will split for another DC gig this offseason, Bullough leaves for NFL following year and we lose both

I think Daoust will leave before Bullough. Bullough has been chewed up and spit out before at UCLA, I bet he stays put as long as Shafer is here

I see no reason why Shanley would not return given if he has another year of eligibility.

I see no reason why Emerich would not return. People lately have been tossing around taking the degree and leaving or not being invited back like it’s common practice. Its not. Emerich is #2 and played well replacing Trudo Saturday. If he’s not the starting center next year it’s because Duerig is lights out.

I think we're fine at Guard next year. Tackle is the concern though at least 1 starter (Palmer) returns and Cody Conway probably also gets the nod. Tackle depth will be a big concern.

C - Donnie Foster 6-3 310 JR
C – Andrejas Duerig – 6-3 297 – RFR
C – Jason Emerich – 6-3 273 - SR

OG – Aaron Roberts – 6-4 280 - SO
OG – Sam Clausman - 6-3 317 – RFR
OG – Evan Adams - 6-6 314 – RFR
OG – Alex Hayes – 6-2 279 – JR
OG – Seamus Shanley – 6-1 281 – SR

OT – Omari Palmer - 6-3 205 – SR
OT – Cody Conway – 6-3 305 – SO
OT – Colin Byrne – 6-5 303 - RFR
OT – Jamar McGloster – 6-7 319 – JR
OT – Joe Burton – 6-8 304 – JR
OT – Denzel Ward – 6-8 325 – SO
We could really benefit from Ward living up to his billing.

I think Daoust will leave before Bullough. Bullough has been chewed up and spit out before at UCLA, I bet he stays put as long as Shafer is here

My thought as well with Bullough. He's here for the duration.

Daoust almost left last year and will be a hot commodity again this year. Shafer has groomed/mentored Daoust but if Daoust is looking to climb the ladder then he's gonna go.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Adams at Tackle. Don't forget that Palmer is really a guard playing Tackle.

OL will be wide open next year. Here's my early guess, assuming guys are developing like we hoped.

Conway Palmer Emerich Shanley Adams

or if Adams is taking a bit more time to develop, which it sounds like he isn't.

Conway Roberts Emerich Shanley Palmer

OL will be wide open next year. Here's my early guess, assuming guys are developing like we hoped.

Conway Palmer Emerich Shanley Adams

or if Adams is taking a bit more time to develop, which it sounds like he isn't.

Conway Roberts Emerich Shanley Palmer
Ward isn't gonna develop, it seems. Total shame

TheCusian said:
Still very little proof of that.
I don't know I think there has been plenty. With the amount of proven experience between Trudo, Foy, Robinson we should have been much better last year. If anything those guys have seemed to regress, not improve. And how about the young guys? Other then Shanley, what happened to Lasker, McGolster, Burton, and I won't even put Ward in that category. Plus speaking of Shanley he beat out Roberts and the other kid from GA who's name escapes me right now, who were actually scholarship players. Those guys should be developing at a much faster clip.

Last edited:
It's so nice to see 300+lbs on the line consistently.

It's so nice to see 300+lbs on the line consistently.

Plus, it seems like all of the OL we're recruiting and have recruited the past two classes are all 6-4 or taller. Positive development.

anomander said:
I don't know I think there has been plenty. With the amount of proven experience between Trudo, Foy, Robinson we should have been much better last year. If anything those guys have seemed to regress, not improve. And how about the young guys? Other then Shanley, what happened to Lasker, McGolster, Burton, and I won't even put Ward in that category. Plus speaking of Shanley he beat out Roberts and the other kid from GA who's name escapes me right now, who were actually scholarship players. Those guys should be developing at a much faster clip.

Last year has an asterisk the size of Ward on it. One cadence, horrible system, injuries, young QB's who hold the ball, etc.. Good luck drawing any meaningful conclusions from that.

I don't know - it seems like this staff is playing the guys who did develop? It's not like we've seen an awful line this year. I'd give them a solid B so far.

Adam gets some credit for recruiting, for the development of Trudo as a center, for Palmer's progress, for Shanley. Can't fault him for the projects brought in by his predecessor.
The OL had one False start, no holding penalties, allowed pressure but only one sack that I recall. Some credit to Adam? It isn't the biggest line or most physical, but that isn't Adam's fault.
Most important, his recruits (Conway and Adams) are promising.

Hayes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom