BTW, this is going to be a REALLY good team next year. | Syracusefan.com

BTW, this is going to be a REALLY good team next year.

True,but I am liking the trend this year also.

This team being as young as they are right now has so much room for growth going forward every game.

I kind of hope Dungey "sprains" his big toe or has "tightness" in his shoulder for the LSU game and misses a start.

Lose the battle to win more games down the line. Hate to lose him in a close to can't win scenario.

I kind of hope Dungey "sprains" his big toe or has "tightness" in his shoulder for the LSU game and misses a start.

Lose the battle to win more games down the line. Hate to lose him in a close to can't win scenario.

I'd much rather have him get the experience of playing against the best defense on our schedule before playing Clemson and FSU.

Not going to keep him out because he *might* get injured. May as well not even play the game.

Next year AND beyond. Our youth is significantly more talented than our upperclassmen

Recruiting has greatly improved thanks to SS being in the ACC and should only improve with our new facilities and hopefully a soon to announce Dome reno.

We've turned the corner folks and I for one am not looking back!

Just need to get the next guys on the OL ready.
It's a funny thing about football teams, once they start winning they begin to get more confident and in fact better than perhaps they actually are. Win against CMU and I am betting we can be in the game against LSU. Watched LSU/MissSt, LSU undoubtly has some great players, but showed they are far from invincible.

It's a funny thing about football teams, once they start winning they begin to get more confident and in fact better than perhaps they actually are. Win against CMU and I am betting we can be in the game against LSU. Watched LSU/MissSt, LSU undoubtly has some great players, but showed they are far from invincible.
Watched it, too. A bit of scouting, if you will. State was getting their asses handed to them in the first half. Thought it was because LSU had the vastly superior players. Second half made me change my opinion. State was beleaguered by woeful execution in the first half. If we go out there and execute, while limiting the number of "stupid" penalties, it'll be close. We probably won't win, but we will let them know that they were in a fight.

I actually think we have a punchers chance against LSU. They are one-dimensional on offense and its the dimension we like to defend. I assume that the LSU stud back will make some plays but I do think we can keep it a pretty low scoring game and Dungey can avoid some sacks and make a few plays we can be in it to the end. Just my opinion

confusedemoticon.jpg

Watched it, too. A bit of scouting, if you will. State was getting their asses handed to them in the first half. Thought it was because LSU had the vastly superior players. Second half made me change my opinion. State was beleaguered by woeful execution in the first half. If we go out there and execute, while limiting the number of "stupid" penalties, it'll be close. We probably won't win, but we will let them know that they were in a fight.

And if Syracuse can contain Fournette...

That's a huge question. Is Adam the guy to do it? You are going to need 5 new guys plus key reserves, as I think Emerich seems likely to take his degree and move on along.

Full_Rebar said:
That's a huge question. Is Adam the guy to do it? You are going to need 5 new guys plus key reserves, as I think Emerich seems likely to take his degree and move on along.

Palmer will be back right?

Roberts will be starter ready.

Hopefully Emerich sticks around for one year as starter.

If they decide to move on Adam, they just give the job to Moreland right? Who should be capable.

Palmer is a redshirt junior. I believe Shanley could come back also if a scholarship were extended but am not totally sure. I imagine before the year is out another o lineman sees time. Duerig should be the C.

It's not impossible, but it sure would be a challenge. Biggest thing in stopping Fournette is winning the LOS battle.

SU has a good track record of bottling up big time backs the past few years. Fournette, combined with LSU's OL will be a whole other monster in itself, but it's been done to some very good backs. Cobb, Williams, Connor

That's fair, but honestly, unless the staff goes, he stays IMO.

I want to see more this season, but as of right now i'd prefer to see a shuffling around of the staff. I think he has proven his worth, and some on the recruiting trail. OL play, not so much.

SU has a good track record of bottling up big time backs the past few years. Fournette, combined with LSU's OL will be a whole other monster in itself, but it's been done to some very good backs. Cobb, Williams, Connor
Good to know. LSU's OL, though, is damn good.

Your frustration with Adam is misplaced. He will look much better as an OL coach as the talent in that unit improves. We have two OTs playing out of position this year.

I agree with the OP. We're returning something like 7-8 starters on BOTH sides of the ball next year. That type of year-over-year continuity is when teams start to sustain high caliber play. PLUS, it means that we won't have big holes to fill, and we'll be able to add quality depth, redshit players who won't be rushed onto the two deep, etc.

If Dungey can sustain this, the future looks bright.

One would think seeing Dungey progress as I expect and get better recruiting WRs would become easier. Amazing to me that they only took one this year. I'd like to see them leverage what I am expecting to be a much improved passing game going forward to convince at least one more WR to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom