Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24

I don't agree with rooting for Miami we also want to pass them in the conference standings!

If Miami finishes ahead of us that could push it to Tuesday instead of getting that bye we do not want Miami to win.

Though if you look at Miami's schedule with at Virginia Duke at Virginia tech at Florida State

You could argue that Tgey could be favored to lose all for these then it doesn't matter what they do today.

For anybody to say there safely in is comical!

Teams 61-64 in my list (like Miami) could all be an 0-2 stretch from being right on the line. I agree that Miami has nothing locked and we could see positives that come from the loss.

Even though we held stable at 0-2 last week, Kansas St went 0-2 and moved down from 100% and around #57, to 79% and 3rd last team in. Now they lose to Texas today and they may fall out.

So none of these teams are 100% clear as you suggest.

That being said I still many see more positives of a team that is on the outside losing.

Nova's Phil Booth and Darryl Reynolds are out against bubble team Seton Hall today.

I don't agree with rooting for Miami we also want to pass them in the conference standings!

If Miami finishes ahead of us that could push it to Tuesday instead of getting that bye we do not want Miami to win.

Though if you look at Miami's schedule with at Virginia Duke at Virginia tech at Florida State

You could argue that Tgey could be favored to lose all for these then it doesn't matter what they do today.

I don't think the bye means much and conference record is irrelevant. I've heard Fraschilla, a committee member, and Childers say on Sirius recently as well as the obvious published stuff. Resume is about who you beat all year and where. Unless you think the bye could help the team rest. Boeheim though as always disputed that theory that a bye is helpful.

Nova's Phil Booth and Darryl Reynolds are out against bubble team Seton Hall today.
Play a drinking game and drink every time my man Gus Johnson says Villanova but refers to them as the national champions

Play a drinking game and drink every time my man Gus Johnson says Villanova but refers to them as the national champions
*Now Donny marshals is in the act

Even if Miami only wins one of those final four games they'll get a bid. So I'd say they're pretty much a lock. Gotta root for them against Clemson.

Even if Miami only wins one of those final four games they'll get a bid. So I'd say they're pretty much a lock. Gotta root for them against Clemson.
If they lose to Clemson and then lose three more after out of those aforementioned for games that they have left they would have work to do at the Barclay

I bet it's a Fox mandate to raise the Big East profile.

The game is turning into one long scrum.

Go Miami, they could very easily lose the last 4 games of the season and finish 8-10 in the ACC. I don't know why people say they're a lock, they're not a lock.

Clemson has a better OOC resume than Miami and SU combined. They've beaten Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and Nebraska compared to Miami's wins over Stanford and Rutgers and SU's win over Monmouth. Clemson finishes the season with 3 of 4 games being at home and they have a decent chance of winning them all. If they beat Miami and win those 4 they'd be 9-9 and would be a lock, even at 8-10 they're probably getting a bid.

Go Miami, they could very easily lose the last 4 games of the season and finish 8-10 in the ACC. I don't know why people say they're a lock, they're not a lock.

Clemson has a better OOC resume than Miami and SU combined. They've beaten Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and Nebraska compared to Miami's wins over Stanford and Rutgers and SU's win over Monmouth. Clemson finishes the season with 3 of 4 games being at home and they have a decent chance of winning them all. If they beat Miami and win those 4 they'd be 9-9 and would be a lock, even at 8-10 they're probably getting a bid.

Lol, ya think? (in fact, this may be the first time in history that I have ever seen Rutgirls referenced in an OOC resume conversation---but I do see they have doubled their conference win total from last year with 2 now!)

Last edited:
Watching the Nova game in the first half and Donte Divencenzo was at the line. Fox throws useless facts on the board when someone is on line ... his dream date was Kim Kardashian.

Gus said something like "Sorry Donte you are not good enough for her"

Game Times Tomorrow

Saturday
12:00 Clemson at Miami
12:30 Villanova at Seton Hall
1:00 Wake Forest at Duke
1:00 Missouri at Tennessee

Clemson and Miami in a 3 point game with 2 minutes to go (Miami up 64-61)
Nova destroying Seton Hall
Wake and Duke tied close to halftime

Did anyone catch the Clemson kid just flopping ridiculously after taking the 3's at the end of the game trying to draw a foul.

Did anyone catch the Clemson kid just flopping ridiculously after taking the 3's at the end of the game trying to draw a foul.
Gotta do what ya gotta do

Final Scores

In case you missed Pearl's update early in the thread
upload_2017-2-18_13-59-26.png

upload_2017-2-18_14-0-4.png

So the bubble is 1-2 this weekend, although both results are what most of us preferred.

Watching this Seton Hall/Nova game... if we get in the tourney, don't want to see Nova in any capacity. They would beat us by 20+.

So the bubble is 1-2 this weekend, although both results are what most of us preferred.

Yup, that only temporarily helps Miami. Now we want them to lose their last 4 - they'll be the underdog in all 4 I think - and finish 8-10 in conference.

Meanwhile Clemson takes another loss which we really need. If SU finishes 10-8 and Clemson finishes 7-11 I think we're ahead of them for the 8th bid out of the ACC.

What the hell is Buzz Williams wearing? I'm dressed as classy and presentable as he is and I'm sitting on my couch with the flu with no one around to look at me other than my wife's cats.

What the hell is Buzz Williams wearing? I'm dressed as classy and presentable as he is and I'm sitting on my couch with the flu with no one around to look at me other than my wife's cats.

He has the dress pants and shoes. Not sure why he is wearing a bright orange T shirt with that. Maybe someone said the shirt would absorb his sweat much better.

upload_2017-2-18_14-38-2.png

This would have been a tough win for Seton Hall. Still a blown opportunity for a marquee home win. As someone said above, Villanova is dangerous.

Bubble is now 1-3 this weekend.

Both Wake and VaTech just missed out on huge opportunities. Syracuse has a great chance tomorrow to put themselves in a promising position in the second-to-last week of the regular season. They control their destiny.

Virginia Tech is in right now.

Virginia Tech is in right now.
yep but with Clark out for the season and their backup big (Sy?) out, they could falter

You're both correct.

VaTech is in pretty safely. However, if they show the committee that they are a different team without Clarke (their leading rebounder) and they struggle mightly the rest of the way - it could open the door for them to be left out. However they have played well without him so I don't see that being the case, but you never know.

In any case, we always want the team closest to the bubble to lose. No matter if they seem "safe" - you never know. And we'd always prefer stone-cold locked teams like Duke, Ville, etc. to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom