Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons

Complete joke there is a rule blocking him from signing with the Pistons but not everyone else. What a pathetic organization to not give him a second 2 way deal and then go be the worst team in the league.

Complete joke there is a rule blocking him from signing with the Pistons but not everyone else. What a pathetic organization to not give him a second 2 way deal and then go be the worst team in the league.
Why can’t they sign him? That’s ridiculous.

What rule is that? The Pistons currently don't have any 2-way contracts available to offer, but I'm unaware of any rule that would prevent them from signing Buddy to a 10-day or full NBA contract.

We lost Buddy, JoeG and Cole for their 5th years and they were all criticized enough while here when actually it was the absence of a point guard and a versatile forward that we lacked. We certainly didn’t lack great shooters. I can understand trying to groom JoeG’s point guard skills if he wanted a chance in the NBA but we needed a true point guard to even help tutor him to use him as a backup at times if that was the plan. Just an uninformed opinion by an uninformed person.

Any NBA Team can sign Buddy Boeheim to a 10 day, one of their 2-ways (if a spot is open), or an NBA contract. His contract is with the Motor City not Detroit. As far as I know there is no rule saying the can't sign with Detroit. but maybe I am missing something.

Despite the recent good games his stats for the year are just decent / fairly good by G-League Standards. There are a lot of potential NBA bottom of the roster level guys hanging around the G-League

The good thing for Buddy (or any G-Leaguer) is from now to the end of the season when "injuries" get stretched out, more 10-days are offered. But getting those spots can be competitive.

Can a player come back to "college" now if he has eligibility? "College" players are paid, is there a difference?

So what does that mean? NBA contracts confuse me.
Each NBA roster can have two young players on two-way contracts, which means they can have those players play for both the NBA team and the affiliated g-league team. So Buddy will get to develop in the g-league and also get some real NBA minutes when called up for certain games.

Each NBA roster can have two young players on two-way contracts, which means they can have those players play for both the NBA team and the affiliated g-league team. So Buddy will get to develop in the g-league and also get some real NBA minutes when called up for certain games.
Is he allowed to shave now?

Is he allowed to shave now?
This reminds me I've been meaning to ask: what's with our guys having that heinous chin hair patch? I feel like for several years 75% of our guys have had that same little patch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom