Buddy Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

He can shoot the crap out of the ball. No doubt he's going to earn minutes spreading the floor when Cuse needs some long-range help.

I agree he may be an option but, I would rather see OB, FH, TB and EH hitting near 40% or better from 3 to reduce the need to depend on BB to play more than spot minutes. Now, BB next year with more experience, physical development and much more PT available, wow.

Career three point leader when his time is done, no pressure!

Otto, that was too funny!

But okay, guys, what do you think of this? My friend Gary says he has talked to several people who “guarONtee” that Buddy’s play will cause problems with the team. And I had lunch with another friend today who just kept saying, “ But what if the other players are resentful because he’s the coach’s son.” I kept repeating, “But he’s good! He belongs out there! They might resent him if he were a prima donna, but he’s not!” She wasn’t convinced.

I am sure there may be a game or two where there is some kind of perceived father-son favoritism, but gonads and strife with the team? I don’t see it. Do you see it?
They know he can play. That's what matters

He was never going to redshirt. Best shooter in years.

He wasn't going to redshirt even if he laid bricks all day long.

Last edited:
Why is Andy being used as a comparison? When he first came in, was his athleticism poor? Could be; just don't recall. I do recall being frustrated by that no-look, 90 degree pirouhette 25 footer he didn't start mastering until certain moments in the post-season part of his sophomore year.

I'm hoping Andy stank athletically at first, because he sure improved, if so. A Buddy that can improve his conditioning and strength (and speed) would be crazy good for this team.

His overall physique when he first came to cuse was a step below what we saw from the st rose players the other night. he was noticeably not a d1 player. the transformation really took shape during his redshirt year and by the time he was a senior, he was significantly heavier - all muscle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom