Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

They buried the lede IMO; Matt Miller is saying a source connected to the Bills front office literally texted him to make sure that Darnold would be alright with playing for the Bills; that's way more significant than rival scouts hearing that Buffalo likes him.
I'm fine if they want to package picks to move up for a QB but they will then have a bunch of holes to fix with cap space and the few picks they'd have left.

RG, WR, LB, LB, DT, DE, CB, RB

I'd assume they'll resign Gaines if he can stay healthy and let Matthews walk. On offense, we'd want to surround that high pick with talent and an offensive line so I'd assume RG and WR will be addressed. I'd feel pretty good about our offense if they did bolster those two positions, with us currently having 4/5 of a good line (healthy), McCoy, Benjamin, Zay and Clay.

On defense we need another pass rusher, a big DT with Dareus gone and Kyle a possibility to retire. We have one returning linebacker who fits the scheme in Milano and would probably want another reliable corner if we're hoping for talented, but injury-prone Gaines to be our #2.

I don’t think there is precedent for a cowardly act like that.

Measuring up and then Drilling a guy on the ground in the back and and head AFTER the play is over.

It was pathetic.

And the league response was worse.

The play was over, there’s nothing incidental or heat of the moment there. he’s a loser.

He’s my next candidate for a s e xual harassment scandal(s).

No means no to you to gronky.
Gronk got the game he deserved.
I am sure your fanbase was hard on OBJ when he cheap shoted Josh Norman and didn’t get suspended.
odell-beckham-cheap-shot-on-josh-norman.gif
Glasshouses my friend.

They buried the lede IMO; Matt Miller is saying a source connected to the Bills front office literally texted him to make sure that Darnold would be alright with playing for the Bills; that's way more significant than rival scouts hearing that Buffalo likes him.
Buffalo would have to move a lot of capital to get Darnold.
Probably 2 firsts and 2 seconds minimum to go from mid first round to top 2 in this draft.
Bills need the 49ers or Colts to be top 2.
Browns and Giants are taking QBs.
The only QBs worthy of that much capital have to be Darnold or Rosen.

I like Mayfield the most and he will likely be available where the Bills mid first round pick will be.

I typically do not like "Comparison Guy". Some teams probably passed on Rodgers because Kyle Boeller sucked.
But I just cannot watch Mayfield and not think Manziel. Everything about him.

I am sure your fanbase was hard on OBJ when he cheap shoted Josh Norman and didn’t get suspended.
Glasshouses my friend.
Totally classless.

But at least he wasn’t lying on the ground.

Beckham got a game, I would’ve been fine with 2.

Obj’s also not the size of a truck with a metal robotic arm

Totally classless.

But at least he wasn’t lying on the ground.

Beckham got a game, I would’ve been fine with 2.
Both were cheap shots.
Both were blind hits to the head
He also better hope he doesn't get hurt in the rematch.

Obj’s also not the size of a truck with a metal robotic arm
Dude OBJ led with his helmet into another man's head.
Watch Norman's head snap.
Both were vicious cheap shots.
Gronk deserved the suspension he got.

Too bad they don't stomp players on the ground or load up elbows when QBs slide.

Both were cheap shots.
Both were blind hits to the head
He also better hope he doesn't get hurt in the rematch.
He probably finds a way to sit out that game, after he’s made all his incentives that u say he can reach.

Or is games played based?

I typically do not like "Comparison Guy". Some teams probably passed on Rodgers because Kyle Boeller sucked.
But I just cannot watch Mayfield and not think Manziel. Everything about him.

A lot of similarities to Russell Wilson as well. And Manziel's biggest issue was his drug habits; it's hard to say what kind of player he could have become if not for that. I think he could have become a good starter in the NFL but we'll never know.

What I do know is that Mayfield is a really impressive passer who also plays with a huge chip on his shoulder, is already pretty strong to withstand hits, and is really athletic. His footwork is horrific, but he remains one of if not the most accurate passer in the draft class despite that.

Buffalo would have to move a lot of capital to get Darnold.
Probably 2 firsts and 2 seconds minimum to go from mid first round to top 2 in this draft.
Bills need the 49ers or Colts to be top 2.
Browns and Giants are taking QBs.
The only QBs worthy of that much capital have to be Darnold or Rosen.

I like Mayfield the most and he will likely be available where the Bills mid first round pick will be.

It'll cost a lot but they have more than enough draft capital to make the move if they want to. A lot can change by the end of the season too...they're one game out of picking inside the top 10, in which case the cost would probably decrease pretty significantly. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could pull of a Wentz-like trade: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th for a 1st and a 4th/5th (conditional). Buffalo could theoretically make that trade and still have as many picks in this year's draft as most other teams do.

I'm not really sure what I want Buffalo to do to be honest. Personally, I'm not a fan of Rosen; I have him as my #5 or 6 QB in the class. If Buffalo does trade up to the top 3, Darnold would be my choice. And I'd love to get my hands on Lamar, Allen, or Mayfield if someone other than Rick Dennison is developing them.

If Dennison remains, I think Buffalo will go after Darnold, Clayton Thorson, or Josh Allen.

He probably finds a way to sit out that game, after he’s made all his incentives that u say he can reach.

Or is games played based?
Percentage of snaps played is thr largest bonus. Plus touchdowns And all pro status.

He is losing that 5 million by missing one more game.
He missed a game already.

A lot of similarities to Russell Wilson as well. And Manziel's biggest issue was his drug habits; it's hard to say what kind of player he could have become if not for that. I think he could have become a good starter in the NFL but we'll never know.

What I do know is that Mayfield is a really impressive passer who also plays with a huge chip on his shoulder, is already pretty strong to withstand hits, and is really athletic. His footwork is horrific, but he remains one of if not the most accurate passer in the draft class despite that.

It'll cost a lot but they have more than enough draft capital to make the move if they want to. A lot can change by the end of the season too...they're one game out of picking inside the top 10, in which case the cost would probably decrease pretty significantly. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could pull of a Wentz-like trade: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th for a 1st and a 4th/5th (conditional). Buffalo could theoretically make that trade and still have as many picks in this year's draft as most other teams do.

I'm not really sure what I want Buffalo to do to be honest. Personally, I'm not a fan of Rosen; I have him as my #5 or 6 QB in the class. If Buffalo does trade up to the top 3, Darnold would be my choice. And I'd love to get my hands on Lamar, Allen, or Mayfield if someone other than Rick Dennison is developing them.

If Dennison remains, I think Buffalo will go after Darnold, Clayton Thorson, or Josh Allen.
The number one thing the Bills need to do is ditch Dennison... he has never been a good OC in the NFL and he has proven that again with the Bills. The sign of a good OC to me is one who can fit the system to the pieces... Dennison tried to make TT into a pocket passer which is not his strength and he tried to make the o-line zone block which is also not their strength and he took what was a below average offense last year and turned it into a putrid one.

As far as QB's go... I think Mayfield is a bust because his arm strength isn't great and his athleticism isn't great... you can get away with that in college but not the NFL... I see a lot of Matt Leinert in him.

I'd break the bank for Darnold as I thought he had the IT factor from the first time I saw him play last year. I haven't seen enough of the other college QBs this year to make any statements on them.

Glasshouses my friend.

Personally I couldn’t believe that Norman and Beckham weren’t both thrown out of the game well before that. I was livid at OBJ that game, and wanted him benched if they weren’t going to throw him out.
And I wanted Norman thrown out.

Beckham’s was bad, and a suspension would’ve been warranted if he got one. Gronk’s was worse. Gronk’s was even more dangerous, it was to a guy on the ground, and the guy on the ground didn’t even do anything. Beckham at least was going after a guy on his feet that had cheap shotted him multiple times in the game.

The number one thing the Bills need to do is ditch Dennison... he has never been a good OC in the NFL and he has proven that again with the Bills. The sign of a good OC to me is one who can fit the system to the pieces... Dennison tried to make TT into a pocket passer which is not his strength and he tried to make the o-line zone block which is also not their strength and he took what was a below average offense last year and turned it into a putrid one.

As far as QB's go... I think Mayfield is a bust because his arm strength isn't great and his athleticism isn't great... you can get away with that in college but not the NFL... I see a lot of Matt Leinert in him.

I'd break the bank for Darnold as I thought he had the IT factor from the first time I saw him play last year. I haven't seen enough of the other college QBs this year to make any statements on them.

Last year's offense was actually top 10 in the NFL.

Re: Mayfield, his arm strength certainly isn't great but it's adequate IMO. And he's not an elite athlete, but he's athletic; his ability to buy time with his feet is definitely a strength.

Get Cousins and go get a handful of future starters with your picks.

Get Cousins and go get a handful of future starters with your picks.

Definitely a tempting option. I'm not really sure Buffalo has the cap space to make that happen though.

WBZ in Boston reporting Gronkowski's suspension has been upheld.

Last year's offense was actually top 10 in the NFL.

Re: Mayfield, his arm strength certainly isn't great but it's adequate IMO. And he's not an elite athlete, but he's athletic; his ability to buy time with his feet is definitely a strength.
I guess that’s my point... adequate arm strength plus average athleticism don’t seem to translate to the nfl. I dunno... I’m leery of the dude given his attitude and the fact that he’s been throwing to wide open receivers most of his career. I will give him credit for the osu game this year but I hope the bills pass on him. He seems like a dude who’s going to be singing about the glory days in five years.

I guess that’s my point... adequate arm strength plus average athleticism don’t seem to translate to the nfl. I dunno... I’m leery of the dude given his attitude and the fact that he’s been throwing to wide open receivers most of his career. I will give him credit for the osu game this year but I hope the bills pass on him. He seems like a dude who’s going to be singing about the glory days in five years.

He's not an average athlete IMO. He's more like that Rodgers/Luck/Alex Smith tier of athleticism. I expect him to run roughly a 4.7 40, which is a couple hundredths slower than Deshaun Watson.

The system is definitely something you have to keep in mind with him, but he also might be the most accurate passer in the draft class.

My only real concern with him is getting him to adapt to a system with at least some semblance of traditional offense. OCs should be creative with crafting an offense around him, much like Seattle has done with Wilson, but even that would be more of a pro-style offense than what Baker is accustomed too. The fact that he's so accurate despite having messy mechanics would seem to suggest that he has the potential to become an elite passer IMO.

Definitely a tempting option. I'm not really sure Buffalo has the cap space to make that happen though.
We should.. I know we have some dead weight tied up in Dareus for another year but it seems they've made moves to get us to the point where we can get a guy like Cousins.

I'm 100% all in on that. Sign Cousins and use the picks to restock the Front 7 on defense. Only LB I care to see back is Milano.

We should.. I know we have some dead weight tied up in Dareus for another year but it seems they've made moves to get us to the point where we can get a guy like Cousins.

I'm 100% all in on that. Sign Cousins and use the picks to restock the Front 7 on defense. Only LB I care to see back is Milano.

Buffalo Bills 2018 Salary Cap

If their math is correct, it looks like Buffalo is currently pegged to have $32 million in cap space this offseason to fill roughly 20 roster spots. I think that number rises to roughly $46 million if Tyrod's release (assuming he's released) is timed correctly. You figure Cousins will probably cost roughly $25 million and that leaves precious little money to fill out nearly 1/3 of your roster (much of which you need to find starters for).

I don't know; having a guy that you know will be a pretty good traditional QB would obviously be a huge blessing, but it won't be easy to put a team around him either.

Buffalo Bills 2018 Salary Cap

If their math is correct, it looks like Buffalo is currently pegged to have $32 million in cap space this offseason to fill roughly 20 roster spots. I think that number rises to roughly $46 million if Tyrod's release (assuming he's released) is timed correctly. You figure Cousins will probably cost roughly $25 million and that leaves precious little money to fill out nearly 1/3 of your roster (much of which you need to find starters for).

I don't know; having a guy that you know will be a pretty good traditional QB would obviously be a huge blessing, but it won't be easy to put a team around him either.
Going into next year we should have 4/5 of a very good line (Glenn/Incognito/Wood/Dawkins), McCoy, Zay, Benjamin, Clay, O'Leary and for cheap, I'd bring back Deonte Thompson as a deep threat with an actual QB. Sign or draft a cheap RB like Cadet to back up McCoy. We have Groy who can play all over the interior and Mills as a swing tackle. That offense looks fine to me with Cousins at QB. I probably wouldn't pay to bring back Matthews.

On defense, I'd bring back Gaines on what shouldn't be too bad a contract considering his injuries. Kyle may or may not retire. I'd draft LB/LB/DE/DT/CB with our 5-Top 3 Round picks and use our 5th round picks for depth players.

That means our only splash signing is Cousins and we fill the roster with cap-friendly players and draft picks.