Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Great pick up, wish we didnt have to burn another pick trading up but a huge position of need and we did get a 5th round pick as well.

Had to have a LB... this was a great great great move!

Great pick up, wish we didnt have to burn another pick trading up but a huge position of need and we did get a 5th round pick as well.

I think it's a great pick too. I'm going to look at the bright side of trading up... I can just go to bed.

Man Buffalo Rumblings just destroying Beane for taking Josh over the Other Allen. Surprised how many people are against it.

Man Buffalo Rumblings just destroying Beane for taking Josh over the Other Allen. Surprised how many people are against it.
You guys didn’t overpay I can’t understand the frustration.
Allen is the biggest gamble but it’s not like he will kill you guys if he is a bust.

Awkward
DbwLHmPX4AAwrJw

Better passer but risky due to two concussions and lack of mobility. Will be interesting how all these QBs play out.
I may just be talking myself into Allen over Rosen but man... Rosen is slender and not mobile at all. Concussion histories are no joke and every highlight I’ve seen of him has him rockin a knee brace.

Didn’t want Mayfield. Think the Jets got the “safest” pick. Just have to hope Darnolds turnover issues aren’t correctable.

Highest upside, biggest risk with Allen. It’s up to Buffalo to coach him up.

CBS draft pick grade

BUF.png
7. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Grade: A+

They get the best QB in the draft and they had to go make the move to get him. Love the trade, love the pick.

BUF.png
16. Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Grade: B+

At 19, he has a chance to grow into a special player. Bills having a good draft.

I hate WGR and shouldn't have turned them on this morning but... One of those clowns just compared Allen's Twitter incident with Riley Cooper's racist rant at the concert when Cooper was an adult and already on the Eagles. In no way shape or form do I condone Allen's behavior but he was a kid who was stupid, irresponsible and certainly not a finished product as a human being. Having said that someone had an agenda leaking these tweets as I believe I heard/read that those tweets were deleted in January and someone waits until early morning on draft day to leak this seems pretty shady. Furthermore I don't think anything previously had been out there that Allen was in any way racist or hateful by any of his previous teammates, coaches etc. As a Bills fan I hope he has learned from his mistakes and leads the team for many years to come.

I hate WGR and shouldn't have turned them on this morning but... One of those clowns just compared Allen's Twitter incident with Riley Cooper's racist rant at the concert when Cooper was an adult and already on the Eagles. In no way shape or form do I condone Allen's behavior but he was a kid who was stupid, irresponsible and certainly not a finished product as a human being. Having said that someone had an agenda leaking these tweets as I believe I heard/read that those tweets were deleted in January and someone waits until early morning on draft day to leak this seems pretty shady. Furthermore I don't think anything previously had been out there that Allen was in any way racist or hateful by any of his previous teammates, coaches etc. As a Bills fan I hope he has learned from his mistakes and leads the team for many years to come.

Agree about the Cooper comparison. I follow Wyoming pretty closely (my mom's alma mater). I feel confident in saying those tweets were a youthful mistake. I heard or read nothing but good things about him as a person at Wyoming. I am worried about the accuracy issues though.

Agree about the Cooper comparison. I follow Wyoming pretty closely (my mom's alma mater). I feel confident in saying those tweets were a youthful mistake. I heard or read nothing but good things about him as a person at Wyoming. I am worried about the accuracy issues though.

For sure he has issues like all the QBs do. My hope with more training, coaching, learning, more talent around him he can become the next great QB for the Bills as we all want/need.

Enjoying the Allen pick because of how angry Jeremy White is about it. Always good when idiots get upset.

Both these guys previously said it doesn't matter what you trade as long as you get the guy they wanted, now it's bad because the Bills didn't pick their guy...

More analysts than not, fwiw, have praised the Bills moves.

They got their QB of the Offense and QB of the Defense for, we hope, the next 10+ years.

Reports were Buffalo had one QB they were willing to move up and get. Seems like that guy was Josh Allen all along. They didn’t really seem connected to Mayfield. Seems plausible based on Gettleman’s remarks that they could’ve traded a fortune with the Giants to get to 2 for Darnold, and didn’t. Had their choice of Allen/Rosen and took Allen...in fact ensured a move up to out-bid the Cardinals, who Shefter reported, also wanted Allen at 7.

They also knew they wanted an elite level LB’er and took one of the two in this Draft (Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds).

The more I read on Rosen, the more he seems weak both physically and mentally. There’s a reason he went 10 and was never linked to pick #1. Even the team that took him tried to move up higher to get Allen. His injury history is no joke and that press conference last night, eye roll worthy.

All these QBs had question marks. We took the one with the highest ceiling and tied for lowest floor (with Mayfield). Jets got the safest guy in Darnold, but even he only has 2 years of data at USC and is, by far, the most turnover prone QB of the 4.

Don’t love that we traded away 53, 56, 65 given the fact there will be really good players there, but we had to, to get our guys, as they wouldn’t have been available at 12 or 22, and wouldn’t have been available with smaller tradeups.

Hopefully they nail pick 96 and find another Milano in the 4th or two 5ths.

Worth noting, saw a report that Buffalo enters the Draft with the 8th most cap space left this year.

Last edited:
Bills did great. if you said in before the season last year that they would come out of the draft with these 2 guys people would have gone crazy.. and then they did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom