Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Whether you have to "go" or not I don't think will be the argument. It will be that the Bills or any other NFL team is mandating you be vaccinated for Corona as pre-requisite for entering as a fan. While I don't see why someone wouldn't get vaccinated for a virus that could kill you (seems like a no-brainer) I think its highly likely a court will find the requirement violates a whole host of stuff including an individuals constitutional rights. Its' one thing for SU or any school to demand a student be vaccinated but for a general member of the public to enter a stadium or a store, that's not going to hold up.

Is it really that much different than countries requiring proof of vaccination for certain diseases from foreign travelers? And I really don't see the difference between a school requiring proof of vaccinations versus a private business, just because they offer different services.

Is it really that much different than countries requiring proof of vaccination for certain diseases from foreign travelers? And I really don't see the difference between a school requiring proof of vaccinations versus a private business, just because they offer different services.

In the first instance yes its way different. IF say Sweden demanded you have proof of a Vaccine to travel, the rights afforded an American Citizen goes out the window because its a foreign country, you either comply with that countries rules or your SOL. For your other example there is again a big difference. In the US Most schools as we all know have required you be vaccinated against a host of diseases ie mumps measles etc, adding Corona really isn't a big deal. But a private business or ability to use a private or public entity is a different story. For example if you go to Wegmans or Home Depot or to the local town hall there isn't a requirement you show you have had the chicken pox vaccine or been vaccinated for Rhubella. In theory if the Bills or a store or something of that nature began requiring proof of vaccine only for entry there would be nothing different then say your local gym requiring anyone over 50 to have proof they have been vaccinated for shingles and denying entry without it. I know thats an extreme example but I think you get the point.

I just find it highly unlikely that something like this would survive and extended court fight even it took a few years to get there.

Whether you have to "go" or not I don't think will be the argument. It will be that the Bills or any other NFL team is mandating you be vaccinated for Corona as pre-requisite for entering as a fan. While I don't see why someone wouldn't get vaccinated for a virus that could kill you (seems like a no-brainer) I think its highly likely a court will find the requirement violates a whole host of stuff including an individuals constitutional rights. Its' one thing for SU or any school to demand a student be vaccinated but for a general member of the public to enter a stadium or a store, that's not going to hold up.
You may well be right, I just don't see how it is going to be a constitutional issue. Going to a Bills game is a choice. If you don't want to abide by their rules, don't go.

I think SteveHolt's public money suggestion might be more probable.

You may well be right, I just don't see how it is going to be a constitutional issue. Going to a Bills game is a choice. If you don't want to abide by their rules, don't go.

It’s a taxpayer funded stadium. And it’s Erie County that made the announcement today.

It’s a taxpayer funded stadium. And it’s Erie County that made the announcement today.
I have to think they consulted with their legal team, so they must think they can make a case.
1618344448042.gif

I assume one of the arguments the plaintiffs in the case will make is that requiring proof of vaccination with no alternative to attend a public event is in someway a violation of an american citizens rights. What that exact argument will be I have no idea but I am guessing civil rights or something similar.

I assume one of the arguments the plaintiffs in the case will make is that requiring proof of vaccination with no alternative to attend a public event is in someway a violation of an american citizens rights. What that exact argument will be I have no idea but I am guessing civil rights or something similar.
Honest question: how is this any different from requiring face masks, Covid tests, and other requirements that have been accepted already?

Honest question: how is this any different from requiring face masks, Covid tests, and other requirements that have been accepted already?

I am no attorney but I believe the difference is your requiring vaccination of COVID as the one and only means for entry. If say it was vaccination or proof of a negative test I think it would be fine.

An injection into your blood stream that could potentially hurt you

vs

a paper mask and qtip up your nose

An injection into your blood stream that could potentially hurt you

vs

a paper mask and qtip up your nose
I understand the physical difference, was more wondering if there's a legal difference.

I understand the physical difference, was more wondering if there's a legal difference.
I think the legal difference probably begins somewhere at the physical difference.

I think the legal difference probably begins somewhere at the physical difference.
Yeah, as someone that doesn't really know law but is interested in it, it'll be fascinating to see how it plays out.

We'll see how many other NFL teams follow suit.

Would you prefer a Dome that's 20% occupied but "vaccine optional", or 100% occupied with vaccines mandatory?
Probably a 20%er

I’ll just watch my Sunday Ticket and look at going to the Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and/or Miami games.

I’ve written off even trying to get back to NY for the foreseeable future. I honestly don’t even feel like it’s part of the same country I reside in down here. I’m sure some of you feel the same about us.

I’ll just watch my Sunday Ticket and look at going to the Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and/or Miami games.

I’ve written off even trying to get back to NY for the foreseeable future. I honestly don’t even feel like it’s part of the same country I reside in down here. I’m sure some of you feel the same about us.
I went down to Nola for the weekend and oh boy are things different down there. Appeared to mostly be folks from Texas and Florida based on all of the license plates I saw around the Quarter but those folks are about to fire up some new outbreaks this week when they head home.

So I put a call into my season tix rep:

-Bills blindsided by announcement.
-There is no official vaccine policy in place - what Polancarz says does not mean it’s been actually instituted.
-They will refund money if requested.

I asked her “So you’re telling me that the Bills official position is that they did not know anything about this announcement?”

She says “The Bills were not a included in the coversation.”

Take it FWIW

-There is no official vaccine policy in place - what Polancarz says does not mean it’s been actually instituted.

I asked her “So you’re telling me that the Bills official position is that they did not know anything about this announcement?”

Take it FWIW
I guess that makes sense, in a way.

When SU was trying to get people back in the Dome, they had to work with local authorities to set numbers.

Local/state authorities have the final say.
1618355592174.gif

Take it FWIW
Pretty gross to not give the Bills a heads up, if true.

Also, does this extend to the players?.. because our star QB doesn’t exactly sound like a confident go on vaccination.

Also, does this extend to the players?.. because our star QB doesn’t exactly sound like a confident go on vaccination.
Interesting. I haven’t heard him talk about it.

We'll see how many other NFL teams follow suit.

Would you prefer a Dome that's 20% occupied but "vaccine optional", or 100% occupied with vaccines mandatory?
Are you saying that the only thing standing between SU FB and a capacity crowd are vaccines

Are you saying that the only thing standing between SU FB and a capacity crowd are vaccines
I’m militantly anti-Vaccine passport on principle, but if it gets Cuse FB full stands, by all means.. yolk up some Central New York mRNA.

I would assume the answer is no, but I also will be surprised if Allen isn't ultimately vaccinated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom