Buffalo will not be allowed to beat Denver as per NFL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo will not be allowed to beat Denver as per NFL

If you guys are curious, here's a fun site:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Note the "Beneficiary Count" -- meaning, did a team's opponent get the benefit of various penalties?

Playing with the rankers is illuminating.

That Bills win yesterday probably saved Doug's job for a year and bought him some time in Buffalo. That is as big a win as you will get in the NFL, he did a heck of a job in that game too. Can't see them firing Doug now. If Doug splits his final 2 games he will be back next year even without making the playoffs. If he ever beat New England Week 17 in New England they might re-name the stadium after him.

The Watkins trade looks worse by the day with Beckham catching 3 TD's (had a 4th TD called back) and Sammy can't even break 30 yards in a game. But that is a next year problem at this point.

That Bills win yesterday probably saved Doug's job for a year and bought him some time in Buffalo. That is as big a win as you will get in the NFL, he did a heck of a job in that game too. Can't see them firing Doug now. If Doug splits his final 2 games he will be back next year even without making the playoffs. If he ever beat New England Week 17 in New England they might re-name the stadium after him.

The Watkins trade looks worse by the day with Beckham catching 3 TD's (had a 4th TD called back) and Sammy can't even break 30 yards in a game. But that is a next year problem at this point.

He's in trouble now, he better get his agent on the phone ASAP.

If you're a conspiracy theorist, you have to wonder about the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, when the Ravens were in the process of routing the 49ers, until the lights all went out in the Superdome. There's no question the lengthy delay thwarted Baltimore's momentum and allowed SF to re-group and get back in the game.

The Buffalo/Green Bay game is exactly how the NFL should be officiated. There were no egregious calls or missed calls. The refs were not noticeable. They didn't call any game changing penalties that the announcers disagreed with.

The penalties on Buffalo were legit. We had two big plays called back by penalty.. A holding call on a big run that ended up stalling out a drive and a pass interference/pick play that stalled out a drive that had moved into FG range. Both were the right call.

The refs let both teams play. They let Green Bay hold with their offensive line a little bit and let Buffalo's secondary play physical.

If this was the Denver game there were multiple times a penalty would have been called that would have greatly altered the flow of the game. A 3rd down non-PI call on Bradham that would've given Green Bay a first down in Buffalo territory and the deflected pass that Rambo picked off as Green Bay was driving would have been called PI in Denver. Green Bay also held multiple times without calls throughout the game and i'm cool with it if they let both teams play. That's how a game should be called.

If you're a conspiracy theorist, you have to wonder about the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, when the Ravens were in the process of routing the 49ers, until the lights all went out in the Superdome. There's no question the lengthy delay thwarted Baltimore's momentum and allowed SF to re-group and get back in the game.

I was at that Super Bowl. It was no conspiracy, it was New Orleans being New Orleans. That city is an awesome, crumbling, chaotic, hot mess.

The Buffalo/Green Bay game is exactly how the NFL should be officiated. There were no egregious calls or missed calls. The refs were not noticeable. They didn't call any game changing penalties that the announcers disagreed with.

The penalties on Buffalo were legit. We had two big plays called back by penalty.. A holding call on a big run that ended up stalling out a drive and a pass interference/pick play that stalled out a drive that had moved into FG range. Both were the right call.

The refs let both teams play. They let Green Bay hold with their offensive line a little bit and let Buffalo's secondary play physical.

If this was the Denver game there were multiple times a penalty would have been called that would have greatly altered the flow of the game. A 3rd down non-PI call on Bradham that would've given Green Bay a first down in Buffalo territory and the deflected pass that Rambo picked off as Green Bay was driving would have been called PI in Denver. Green Bay also held multiple times without calls throughout the game and i'm cool with it if they let both teams play. That's how a game should be called.

It's generally about the crew. Crews have tendencies, there are sites devoted to tracking penalty calls and types by crew.

There are also sites devoted to tracking all manner of penalties so one can see which franchises are truly getting the short end of the stick. I posted one on this site and, of course, no one bothered to look at the data and comment. Better to go with anecdotal righteous indignation. ;)

longislandcuse said:
The Buffalo/Green Bay game is exactly how the NFL should be officiated. There were no egregious calls or missed calls. The refs were not noticeable. They didn't call any game changing penalties that the announcers disagreed with. The penalties on Buffalo were legit. We had two big plays called back by penalty.. A holding call on a big run that ended up stalling out a drive and a pass interference/pick play that stalled out a drive that had moved into FG range. Both were the right call. The refs let both teams play. They let Green Bay hold with their offensive line a little bit and let Buffalo's secondary play physical. If this was the Denver game there were multiple times a penalty would have been called that would have greatly altered the flow of the game. A 3rd down non-PI call on Bradham that would've given Green Bay a first down in Buffalo territory and the deflected pass that Rambo picked off as Green Bay was driving would have been called PI in Denver. Green Bay also held multiple times without calls throughout the game and i'm cool with it if they let both teams play. That's how a game should be called.

Based on this post, I assume the Bills won?

It's generally about the crew. Crews have tendencies, there are sites devoted to tracking penalty calls and types by crew.

There are also sites devoted to tracking all manner of penalties so one can see which franchises are truly getting the short end of the stick. I posted one on this site and, of course, no one bothered to look at the data and comment. Better to go with anecdotal righteous indignation. ;)

I did see the link and I was amazed that the patsies are so penalized. I guess the lesson is when Brady is your QB and Belicheck your coach it doesn't matter how penalized you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom