Bunch of garbage.. | Syracusefan.com

Bunch of garbage..

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Kirk Herbstreit, "Michael Vick changed the game. One of the first ever true run/pass threats".

Someone already had it in place, and had Vick all but signed and delivered. Then the shady part of Virginia took over the process.

I hope VT loses to UNC. Loses to UVA. Ends their bowl streak.

Go Heels, Go Hoos, F Hokies.

That's nonsensical. Forget McNabb, there were 20 years of dual threat QBs that preceded him. Doug Flutie and Major Harris would like a word with Kirk.

That's nonsensical. Forget McNabb, there were 20 years of dual threat QBs that preceded him. Doug Flutie and Major Harris would like a word with Kirk.

Kind of what I was thinking. "Oh well, I guess Randall Cunningham was a classic pocket passer."

Kirk Herbstreit, "Michael Vick changed the game. One of the first ever true run/pass threats".

Someone already had it in place, and had Vick all but signed and delivered. Then the shady part of Virginia took over the process.

Might be the dumbest thing that Kirk has ever said and boy is that saying something. Did he even watch games back then?

I loathe VT.

Might be the dumbest thing that Kirk has ever said and boy is that saying something. Did he even watch games back then?
The dude annoys me more and more every week I hear him.

The Wishbone offense of the old Big 8 was mostly a running offense, but had a pass option in it. Roger Staubach was known for running as much as for passing. In the first college game to use instant replay, Jack Concannon of BC ran all over the place.

I'm old.

Exactly, Roger Staubach, Tarkenton and even Manning's dad comes to mind when discussing dual threats. Way before Mike Vick. I know this and Im only 39

Exactly, Roger Staubach, Tarkenton and even Manning's dad comes to mind when discussing dual threats. Way before Mike Vick. I know this and Im only 39

Hell, Otto Graham. But I'm not that old.

Good call on Major Harris. Tommie Frazier had 36 rushing TDs in his career. 36!

Doesn't dual threat have the connotation of designed QB running plays? The guys you list are scrampers. Certainly McNabb was dual threat.

thought Chip you were commenting about defense in the NCSt game

TexanMark said:
thought Chip you were commenting about defense in the NCSt game

Give it another 3 hours.

Doesn't dual threat have the connotation of designed QB running plays? The guys you list are scrampers. Certainly McNabb was dual threat.

To a point. Before coaching became entirely run by control freaks, and before the coaches called every damn play, there was a play called "and if that doesn't work, make something up." That play was critically important to the success of the offense, and its biggest threat.

watch some old Manning Ole miss games. They ran the ball with him alot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom