Butch Davis - Discuss | Syracusefan.com

Butch Davis - Discuss

jr4750

All American
Proven head man, probably won't get another big time gig, cleared in UNC probe. Bigger name to generate interest

Proven head man, probably won't get another big time gig, cleared in UNC probe. Bigger name to generate interest

Ive been preaching his name since the UVA game. Would be a great hire for SU. Guy knows how to rebuild a program and can recruit with anyone. Gonna cost $$$ but would be a homerun hire.

Strong S. Florida and mid Atlantic ties for recruiting.

Btw he badly wants the Miami job again but I would think they want new blood.

Probably a huge ego. And a JC said above, gonna cost at least 3 mil

I was referring to rules breaking but yeah a former NFL coach is going to command a real salary.

iommi yeah I figured that's what you meant but I don't think he has ever been found to commit rules violations. He was cleared at UNC

H0nestly we need a big time hire the baggage is zero issue for me, I mean really how could things possibly get worse? Id take him or Pelini in a heartbeat.

iommi yeah I figured that's what you meant but I don't think he has ever been found to commit rules violations. He was cleared at UNC

I'd be all for this hire as he would get recruiting up significantly but I'd be shocked if we explore this hire with the NCAA cloud hovering around SU.

Yeah and the Miami stuff was really Erickson. He literally might be the best recruiter in NCAA history

I'd be all for this hire as he would get recruiting up significantly but I'd be shocked if we explore this hire with the NCAA cloud hovering around SU.

Ah. What Cloud ?

There's no clouds anymore. Moved on.

Guys, guys, guys. Look at Syverud. Now look at Coyle.

You think either of them are going to hire a Pelini, Ogeron or Butch Davis type?

No.

They will want a winner, but on their terms. No hint of baggage.

And just a reminder, there no guarantee a change is being made this year.

He's 63 and he's been fired from his two last jobs, regardless of circumstances.
Age was my concern as well. I'll give him a pass on the Browns as he did get them to the playoffs and that's an achievement. Not sure what happened with UNC. Regardless he's a name and Syracuse might need a name

Guys, guys, guys. Look at Syverud. Now look at Coyle.

You think either of them are going to hire a Pelini, Ogeron or Butch Davis type?

No.

They will want a winner, but on their terms. No hint of baggage.

And just a reminder, there no guarantee a change is being made this year.
This is also true. Don't see Syverud ever hiring a Butch Davis. Ironically I see him hiring Shafer. It's just so sad he can't figure out the coaching part of his millionaire dollar job. He seems to have the rest in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom