Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

I always roll my eyes when we don’t get a recruit and people fall all over themselves to say what a great kid he is and wish him well etc. But as much as I hate UConn I feel happy for this particular kid and his family and hope he prospers despite the garbage coaching he will receive.

I know this is old but I’m just new here and not a UCONN fan (although I am from CT)
I think what he meant was, it is pretty obvious when a "walk on" poster starts posting on only UConn related posts. I don't know why they come on and pretend to be Syracuse fans, it's pathetic. Just come on here and say "I am a UConn fan" and then let's have an intelligent and respectful discussion. I can't stand UConn, but I don't dislike a person because he or she is a UConn fan.

Let's hope Hurley doesn't figure out though that with the recruits coming in and the current roster he could have a team he could run zone with to keep DC on the floor longer. Teams will absolutely run him through PNRs until he can prove he can defend it

Don't forget to say hi to mau. And don't forget to tell him that over the last 10 years, UConn has at best a .500 in league record. That is a program that isn't what it used to be. And quite frankly, it isn't s surprise that no one, I am mean no one, wanted them in their league when expansion came. But please, post often.
They do have 4 national championships. We have 1, quite a bit of catching up to do.

He’s staying home to play for the in-state school. He seems very close to his family. Good for him. I think he will be a good player but it takes more than one good player to win games.
If playing at UConn makes him happy, then I am ecstatic for Donovan.

They do have 4 national championships. We have 1, quite a bit of catching up to do.
There is no disputing that. We are ahead on a number of other measures of success. One clings to the things that most puts us in a good light. We love the orange they love the huskies. Who cares?

Doesn't mean much now. With all that glory, not one P-5 conference wanted them. And as I said, for the last 10 years, they have been a .500 league record team. They are yesterday. When I look at a old calendar, I think of them.

Last edited:
The kids they're recruiting now don't

Doesn't man much now. With all that glory, not one P-5 conference wanted them. And as I said, for the last 10 years, they have been a .500 league record team. They are yesterday. When I look at a old calendar, I think of them.
That would be like saying our national championship of 2003 doesn't mean much which I disagree with. Their last championships were in 2011 and 2014, not very long ago. We hang our hat on a 2013 Final Four, also during that timeframe, I don’t think of that as old. I am no UConn fan or apologist but it's not like their national championships were 40 years ago. They are recent enough to be relevant today.

Doesn't man much now. With all that glory, not one P-5 conference wanted them. And as I said, for the last 10 years, they have been a .500 league record team. They are yesterday. When I look at a old calendar, I think of them.
Also, Syracuse has not exactly set the world on fire since joining the ACC, hovering around .500 in the conference as a middle of the pack team. We have been a bubble team for 7 consecutive years. I will reiterate that I am no fan of UConn but you can't discount or diminish what they've accomplished since 1999. If we had their 4 national championships we would be rightfully gloating.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom