Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Not a shock at all. Don’t get me wrong Clingan is a very good player but I think it’s going to be very interesting how he does over there under Hurley. Hurley is not a great Xs and Os guy at all, has not really sent anyone to the NBA ever other than this year, hasn’t done squat in March and his system does not fit this kid at all. Clingan is a very, very good player depending on system. There aren’t too many centers like him anymore with a true post presence but the problem with that is the game has kinda gone away from the type of center he is. He’s a bit slow so he might get smoked from some of these smaller, quicker, more athletic “modern day bigs”. That being said I knew he wasn’t coming here for awhile but even our play fits him a lot better than UCONN’s, Boeheim has proven what he can do with Fab Melos, Arinze’s, Rick Jackson types. Not to mention he could hide his greatest deficiency in quickness/lateral quickness in the zone and really anchor our defense when at UCONN I can see him getting torched in pick and roll defenses. Tbh his best bet if he wanted to have the best basketball career possible would have been to go to Iowa or Michigan. He would have killed it there. Best of luck to him, seemed like a good kid. I’ll be rooting for his individual success but not team success. Really don’t see it working out there tbh and think it’s a really bad fit to be upfront
If Clingan was from like PA I bet UConn doesn’t even reach out

Ehhhh we offered. So they would have offered like 2 weeks after us lol
Just echoing your point that he doesn’t seem to fit Hurleys system at all. I think Hurley HAD to go after him because he was so highly ranked and from CT. Whaley seems like the ideal 5 for Hurley — and Don is nothing like him

Just echoing your point that he doesn’t seem to fit Hurleys system at all. I think Hurley HAD to go after him because he was so highly ranked and from CT. Whaley seems like the ideal 5 for Hurley — and Don is nothing like him
Yeah agreed. Top 60 kid in your backyard you pretty much have no choice but to go after him. But I think they would have offered regardless of where he was in New England.
That being said I hope the kid has success but I could see this being a kid in the transfer portal after year 1 or 2.
Or I could see him staying all four years since staying close to home was a huge factor for him and I could see the UCONN fans saying after years 2 and 3 “this is his breakout year” etc…but ultimately he gives them a pretty average career. I could eat crow and he could have a stellar career. But Clingan is more of a system guy at this point and needs a system that will fit him to have a lot of success and UCONNs style is not that system. And that’s just being point blank

Was just looking at the UCONN board. Excited as they should be…but they are comparing him to Jokic over there LOL. Clingan is a good player but he’s still a project at the college level…high potential for sure. Jokic is the NBA MVP. I mean come on now:rolleyes:

This is a weird take, even for you. But maybe it's because I have no idea how a NC can be "gift wrapped," let alone for it to happen twice.
They got to play a Butler team that shot like 14 pct that game and an 8 seeded Kentucky team. The Kentucky team we got in the title game was one of the greatest bball teams ever.

Lol. Who cares what they are saying. I'm sure they are claiming title number 5 is coming because of DC and other craziness. Just like Jackson was going to be a huge factor as a freshman... They don't do predictions well.
These “DC” references are killing me. For a few seconds I was like “why are these guys bringing up Derrick?”

They got to play a Butler team that shot like 14 pct that game and an 8 seeded Kentucky team. The Kentucky team we got in the title game was one of the greatest bball teams ever.
I dislike uconn as much as the next guy. But, the year they beat #8 Kentucky, they beat a 1, 2, 3, and a 4 to get there.

Reactions: sam
Why does this thread even remain open anymore? He’s gone and as far as I’m concerned he’s gone

The CIA has changed their torture policy. They can no longer force the reading of SU s attempts to recruit a center over 165 pounds. Water boarding still may be allowed.

Did Dons Dad call out the crystal ball again?
Funny thing is when I saw that The tweet, it confirmed to me everything I already thought that told me he was going to UCONN. Whenever a parent calls out meth balls it’s typically because they know their decision has been heard/leaked even though they wanted to keep it down until the official announcement.

Was just looking at the UCONN board. Excited as they should be…but they are comparing him to Jokic over there LOL. Clingan is a good player but he’s still a project at the college level…high potential for sure. Jokic is the NBA MVP. I mean come on now:rolleyes:
Well, they are both tall, big and white

Funny thing is when I saw that The tweet, it confirmed to me everything I already thought that told me he was going to UCONN. Whenever a parent calls out meth balls it’s typically because they know their decision has been heard/leaked even though they wanted to keep it down until the official announcement.
Yup

So, as I read your post, the effectiveness of the defense being played has nothing to do with the FG % of the other team. Seems that if Butler wanted to win, they just should have gotten easier shots so they could make more. Who said Brad Stevens could coach.

Sometimes being the school close to home works for you ... sometimes it works against you.

So, as I read your post, the effectiveness of the defense being played has nothing to do with the FG % of the other team. Seems that if Butler wanted to win, they just should have gotten easier shots so they could make more. Who said Brad Stevens could coach.
It might have been the worst bball game ever played. It was brick city. Look Uconn has 4 titles but two of them were gifted to them. I'd gladly take a gift wrapped nat title btw.

I dislike uconn as much as the next guy. But, the year they beat #8 Kentucky, they beat a 1, 2, 3, and a 4 to get there.
I'll give them credit for beating Nova. They should have lost to st Joe's. They got a 4 seed in a regional final and an 8 seed in the title game.

Jokic??? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom