Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

The titles weren't that long ago but every year they grow more irrelevant. And like jdubs30 said, our HC and one of our top players were actually apart of that team.

We have struggled since joining the ACC but we still have had more postseason success than they had, and that's with recruiting sanctions.
I think coaching changes following a Hall of Fame coach in college basketball are extremely hard. Ollie looked like the guy after Calhoun, but he failed even though he won a NC. Look at transitions at UNC: Matt Doherty failed so they brought in Roy Williams. Now they have Hubert Davis which is a big question mark. Look at Duke: Can John Scheyer replace Coach K? Unclear. Georgetown: they never really replaced John Thompson. St. John's: never replaced Lou Carnesecca. Indiana: never replaced Bobby Knight.

Unfortunately, Syracuse has a transition coming and there will be concerns replacing a Hall of Fame coach.

It might have been the worst bball game ever played. It was brick city. Look Uconn has 4 titles but two of them were gifted to them. I'd gladly take a gift wrapped nat title btw.
UConn people say it to me about our 03 title. They will never let me live down being a 3 seed who played in Albany

Not shocked. When a kid doesnt leave home for HS, 9 outta 10 times they are staying with the local school. I’ve personally never been impressed with him and the latest game I watched of him, he got destroyed by another top50 center (DC shot like 3-17 from the field).

It will be interesting how they make Sanago and him work...

Not shocked. When a kid doesnt leave home for HS, 9 outta 10 times they are staying with the local school. I’ve personally never been impressed with him and the latest game I watched of him, he got destroyed by another top50 center (DC shot like 3-17 from the field).

So this threadis now going to stay open to trash him? That was a bad game...1 bad game in which that top 50 center only scored 4 points while Clingan was in the game and Clingan blocked that 50 center and played great defense against him. Time to move on to finding our next big.

So this threadis now going to stay open to trash him? That was a bad game...1 bad game in which that top 50 center only scored 4 points while Clingan was in the game and Clingan blocked that 50 center and played great defense against him. Time to move on to finding our next big.

No, this thread will stay open until we decide to close it. Most people have wished him luck. Some have pointed out their own opinion and stated stats. If this thread now bothers you maybe you should ignore it? And I don’t know why you keep using the word “our” as if you’re an SU fan. 100% of your posts on this site are in this thread. My guess is you’re not an SU fan. So why act like one? Good luck to Donovan.

Lol I’m now trashing the kid? Hardly hardly. Maybe take a break from this thread. You seem a little too emotional attached

The Hartford Courant did a pretty good rundown on why he committed. Nothing really groundbreaking but it does reveal how much Tom Moore worked behind the scenes. Also the NIL opportunities for a local kid might have factored in. Here is a link for those who don’t have a subscription.

Link

Last edited:

Totally agree

No posts or activity whatsoever on anything but this thread? Either you’re a relative or a big Connecticut fan.

No posts or activity whatsoever on anything but this thread? Either you’re a relative or a big Connecticut fan.
Read my posts, I'm a Donovan fan. Cuz I support him I'm a Connecticut fan? Cuse fan that lives in CT. Whatever I guess.

Was just looking at the UCONN board. Excited as they should be…but they are comparing him to Jokic over there LOL. Clingan is a good player but he’s still a project at the college level…high potential for sure. Jokic is the NBA MVP. I mean come on now:rolleyes:
and the other half of their board thinks he'll have to redshirt because he won't get PT lol

and the other half of their board thinks he'll have to redshirt because he won't get PT lol
Typical fan reaction. He is a top 60 player. A nice player. It would have been fun to see how JB would have used him here, but he chose to stay home. I can't blame him. For us, we will get other players.

Why does this thread even remain open anymore? He’s gone and as far as I’m concerned he’s gone

Oh, for God's sake.

Don't click on it or unwatch it. Sheesh. It's not that difficult.

If you’re just a Clingan fan who’s here to White Knight on a syracuse message board, well, I hope that goes well for you but I suspect it won’t.

If you’re a Uconn sock coming here to defend your guy, well, lol.

UConn people say it to me about our 03 title. They will never let me live down being a 3 seed who played in Albany
Tell them the Oklahoma game could’ve been played anywhere and we would’ve handled them. It wasn’t even competitive.

And we went through Texas and Kansas after Albany. How did UConn do against Texas?

Also, we were underseeded as a 3.

Tell them the Oklahoma game could’ve been played anywhere and we would’ve handled them. It wasn’t even competitive.

And we went through Texas and Kansas after Albany. How did UConn do against Texas?

Also, we were underseeded as a 3.

Really.

It’s understandable to be upset. If syracuse had a number one seed-like season and then had to play three seed Oklahoma in like Tulsa in the sweet sixteen I’d be pissed.

But like right from the moment the ball was tipped that went out the window because at no point after were they competitive.

Really.

It’s understandable to be upset. If syracuse had a number one seed-like season and then had to play three seed Oklahoma in like Tulsa in the sweet sixteen I’d be pissed.

But like right from the moment the ball was tipped that went out the window because at no point after were they competitive.

Right. And we beat two really good teams after that in the final four. We aren’t all lucky enough to play Georgia Tech and Butler in the finals. Some of us have to earn it the hard way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom