Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Sounds like the football alum collective is responsible for a lot of that.

Is Red not able to engage the basketball alums? Seems like that was one of the main benefits of the idea that we just "had' to hire an alum.
There aren't as many successful hoop guys. The last 10 years have not been great ones. We need to do better in the hoops collective. The problem is the school doesn't really help. They think money that goes to the collective is money they don't get.

The fact that the portal is closed for entry for the other players. This is very scum behavior on the part of the school who made the offer and Eddie taking the offer. No we should not endorse this behavior by matching. This sounds like tampering to the most extreme. Please tell me this isn’t real lol.
This is big business now. This is the way the game is played. Last year, Jesse agreed twice to the number we offered him. Then reneged. And he was already an Orangeman. This kid was never really Orange.

The fact that the portal is closed for entry for the other players. This is very scum behavior on the part of the school who made the offer and Eddie taking the offer. No we should not endorse this behavior by matching. This sounds like tampering to the most extreme. Please tell me this isn’t real lol.
This is the Wild West days of college athletics, no time for morals on our part.Do what we gotta do!

There aren't as many successful hoop guys. The last 10 years have not been great ones. We need to do better in the hoops collective. The problem is the school doesn't really help. They think money that goes to the collective is money they don't get.
Not sure they're wrong.

I feel that just a couple of hoops players can totally ruin a season. It generally takes more football players to do so.
I get it but, would you feel that way if we didn’t get a QB?

If you were walking down the street today and found 49K Where would that rank on your all time days?
I think the point was we would have to pay $49,001 more than a Texas school.

This is the Wild West days of college athletics, no time for morals on our part.Do what we gotta do!
Sure is, Where's Jim West and Artemus Gordon when you need them?

He took more money. We would all do it. How about we stop acting like everything is fine and start solving the problems. We didn’t play the game with Jesse and sunk a season. We didn’t play the game here and likely sunk another.
When did i say everything is fine? College sports is a dumpster fire. Cuse bball is a dumpster fire. And I said pay Jesse last year.

What letter plan are we on now with “Red’s plan” that I kept being told about when I was complaining about losing Maliq?

We’ve moved past the “Shafer” plan

When did i say everything is fine? College sports is a dumpster fire. Cuse bball is a dumpster fire. And I said pay Jesse last year.
They did pay Jesse last year. Twice. He was never going to come back to us because West Virginia was always going to re raise our bid. At some point, you make your best offer and if it isn't accepted, you walk away. And that is what happened and that is what we did.

Not sure I get their logic. Donate to the school for facilities/operating expenses, etc. without corresponding NIL donations and those nice facilities will be housing Division ll talent-level teams.

Edit - not disagreeing with you, dasher, just questioning their logic.

They did pay Jesse last year. Twice. He was never going to come back to us because West Virginia was always going to re raise our bid.
Then we will always lose. So either don’t bother or play the game.