Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

You mean to tell me that once a kid commits that there is no paperwork to sign the NIL deal. This is weeks after the commitment, did somebody drop a ball here ???
I’m confused about this as well. Because when people mentioned trying to convince Jesse to return last spring and turn down WVU, some posters were like, the paperwork is already signed.

You mean to tell me that once a kid commits that there is no paperwork to sign the NIL deal. This is weeks after the commitment, did somebody drop a ball here ???
It’s not attached to playing. What are you going to do? Sue him?

We are already at a big disadvantage because of our morals. If we tell a kid you are getting X, that kid gets X. That doesn't happen at a lot of other schools.
Red’s a nice guy, but maybe he’s not dirty enough for this. It’s a cutthroat business. It’s almost like being a lawyer. Nice guys don’t win much. It’s why Tony Bennett has started to fall behind as well.

I just want to remind you guys of a story I shared a while back. It's a Sunday night. Late. For some reason I check the board before going to bed. And there it is. Dan Mullen will NOT be the next coach of Syracuse. I was so upset. I didn't sleep that night. I just couldn't. I wanted to. I felt so bad. How many gut punches can we take? I never wanted to have a night like that again. I went to the Dr's the next day and got sedatives to insure that. Haven't taken them either by the way. And we hired Fran Brown. None of us know where we go from here. That is Red's job. But there is answer somewhere out there. Just like there was when we got Warrick. And there is still time.

Can we just wait until we actually hear news and not freak out. So we will have to deal with MCcloud and move a 6 foot 10 player to center once in a while it is what it is guys. It’s abundantly clear to me that until we start winning again the coffers aren’t there for this program. We have some decent pieces next year but players don’t see Syracuse basketball as a destination school like we once were we will have to build this again. Idk if he leaves take the money and I’m sure we will find someone else

Can we just wait until we actually hear news and not freak out. So we will have to deal with MCcloud and move a 6 foot 10 player to center once in a while it is what it is guys. It’s abundantly clear to me that until we start winning again the coffers aren’t there for this program. We have some decent pieces next year but players don’t see Syracuse basketball as a destination school like we once were we will have to build this again. Idk if he leaves take the money and I’m sure we will find someone else
Voice of reason.

I would do this, zero point in investing another penny into this season.

Yet then watch that impact our hopes for ‘25. We have to salvage things somehow.

My worry is not NIL. This certainly sucks and it blows that a school poached him with a bigger bag.

My worry is a lingering inability to get players, HS or Transfers, to buy into what this staffs trying to do. I say lingering because this may as well be a continuation of JB’s staff no matter how you spin it. I’d love for someone to explain to me that im wrong here.

At a certain point its not just dollar signs that keeps a player.

A certain amount of that is guaranteed by nature of our ACC membership.

I don’t know if we can say for sure we know what that means in a few years, so if university leadership is banking on that it’s even more of a red flag IMO.

My worry is not NIL. This certainly sucks and it blows that a school poached him with a bigger bag.

My worry is a lingering inability to get players, HS or Transfers, to buy into what this staffs trying to do. I say lingering because this may as well be a continuation of JB’s staff no matter how you spin it. I’d love for someone to explain to me that im wrong here.

The staff literally just signed the highest rated recruit since Melo. Also this particular situation seems to be solely money related. I understand your post but disagree a bit.

Yet then watch that impact our hopes for ‘25. We have to salvage things somehow.
We're going to lose over half the roster next year anyway. We salvaged last year with 20+ wins and it got us nowhere.

These kids only care about money it doesn't matter how we do next year and retool. Its a risk for Red and his career but he's not winning without some big NIL splashes and it surely isnt happening this year. Take the lumps and all in on 25.

Your biggest worry should be NIL

The staff literally just signed the highest rated recruit since Melo. Also this particular situation seems to be solely money related. I understand your post but disagree a bit.
freeman and moore are the only bright spots. But they committed over a year ago. Its hard to feel positive about things otherwise.

In an era where high school players have the least value that we've ever seen. I'm not saying Freeman isnt good, but who knows if he even can do what Maliq did at the 4.

This isnt good.

I've lived in three states, two without income tax and you get nickel and dimed so so bad in the income tax free states that its almost a wash anyway.
I moved back to NY to save on my taxes...said no one ever.

I love NY but it has among the highest total tax burdens in the country. For some it is well worth it. For others it isn't.

But we digress...this is a self loathing thread at the moment about NIL and SU BB.

I've lived in three states, two without income tax and you get nickel and dimed so so bad in the income tax free states that its almost a wash anyway.
Said no one in Florida ever

I moved back to NY to save on my taxes...said no one ever.

I love NY but it has among the highest total tax burdens in the country. For some it is well worth it. For others it isn't.

But we digress...this is a self loathing thread at the moment about NIL and SU BB.
Maybe not in tax rate but in the amount I pay in taxes, 100%. My house here is twice the size and assessed at nothing, I'm paying less than i was in 2006 for a condo in had in florida in taxes than I ever did here. Again I know the tax rates are higher here but my money goes so much further here. Its why I moved back.