Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

My son told me he pulled it down and just reposted it without any mention of Syracuse and ACC. Seems like we’re getting played here, and I mean by the Lampkin camp. Doesn’t seem like he’s made a decision.

Dash Signal is on!!!!
Tim Burton Film GIF by Tech Noir
W T F!!!

Attachments

• omg-make-it-633f77d452.jpg
    omg-make-it-633f77d452.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 19
It took me 20 hours to figure out that it is absolutely twice as likely that its door number 2!

Door number one is a 1/3 chance. Doors 2 and 3 combined are a 2/3 chance. Monte does the contestant a huge favor by saying that Door number 3 is not it. So that means that number 2 has the full 2/3 chance.

Showing a non-car door does not change the 1/3 chance for door number 1. Again the bottom line is that doors 2 and 3 combined are a 2/3 chance, and Monte let the contestant know that the 2/3 chance is in door number 2 by opening door number 3.

That's quite a tough one to get your head around!
The first time you pick out of three doors the chance of success is 33%. The next time you pick out of two doors the chance of success is 50%. The scenario is are independent of each other, so given the chance to switch you should always switch to the “roll” with the best odds for success.

Apparently, Lampkin was at least partially swayed by the "no income tax in Texas" argument. In NY he'll pay 6.85% state income tax at his income level... But the fact is (and this thread proves it) most people don't understand taxes AT ALL. So for a kid who doesn't know anything about taxes, the idea of paying NO TAXES to the state must seem compelling. Little does he know how little that matters to his overall financial picture.

When I was a brand new financial planner, the new hire instructor made us memorize the Federal income tax brackets... He said "if you can even tell them the tax brackets, you're going to seem like a freaking wizard to most people!"

I laughed out loud, and then I used it in my next meeting. My potential clients had wide eyes like they were astonished I could be so knowledgeable! Lol

Red should bring a qualified financial planner to his NIL meetings with potential recruits. I could absolutely wow him with his much money he was going to have, state income tax bedamned.

So anyway, that's how we got on the topic of state tax.

:)Frankly, I'm on the side of thinking you can't legally make his income earned from NIL in Syracuse to be from Texas.

Closing a kid by doing tricky accounting and then getting him audited seems like a bad plan.
If I'm a Syracuse booster and own a car dealership in Florida, and I have Lampkin fly down and do a commercial, where does he pay state income taxes?

My son told me he pulled it down and just reposted it without any mention of Syracuse and ACC. Seems like we’re getting played here, and I mean by the Lampkin camp. Doesn’t seem like he’s made a decision.

Dash Signal is on!!!!
Tim Burton Film GIF by Tech Noir
Yep, this is the new edited tweet. The original one talked about how he’s going to be great for Syracuse next season but that’s been edited out. What is going on here?

Last edited:
Get the kids from the Finger Lakes and Fresno State. This guy isn’t that good and I stand by it if he stays.
Agreed, never saw what the fuss was about from day 1, wondered why we jumped at this particular guy so quickly. I see nothing special in his game or numbers, and i wonder if he “committed” quickly thinking there would be another offer. Move on

What a mess. If we came in and put the better offer on the table and he’s still shopping come end of this week then maybe we have to pivot….
Can’t be good, especially given that other kid’s offer from Washington. It’s a bidding war out there. I think Lampkin is waiting to see if there are any high stakes takers out there and doesn’t want to scare them off. We’ll know if we lose the sweepstakes well before we see a school name on his IG. It’s all in the handlers’ hands now.

I understand that there are desperate teams out there, and desperate ones with fat pockets. Washington’s offer screams desperation because they can’t afford to bomb in their first season of BIG play. They may have just blown up the portal and made a shizzshow even worse.

Eddie just hasn’t had the chance to break it off with his side action - hard to quit it, man.