Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Malik is in high demand $$$$. Don't think that happens and gotta a feeling Reynolds test the waters, if he doesn't then I like Cuse's chance. Also like BJ Freeman too, he would be a nice add at PG
You know, I want a guy that actually plays the position they are actually playing. But I have to say, I love Reynolds game. I think he is a winner and make us so much better.

Hard to get too excited or too down with so much of the roster still TBD. Don't love that Lampkin isn't a shot-blocker and doesn't finish as well as he should for how big he is and has some TO issues, so we'll need some real ballhawks on defense and shooters to keep teams from crowding him. But I like the rebounding and hope Red can figure out a way to take advantage of his passing ability.

Zooming out, I like that we have the cache to get an experienced high-major starter with whom we didn't have any obvious ties like JJ. I don't know how I feel about locking a guy down this early, but better to be too early than to be without a chair when the music stops.

Let's see who else comes in.

Last edited:
Nice

I think as others have stated the best hope is collectively Lampkin/Donnie/other Forward addition/healthy McLeod can be better as a group than what we had last year

You know, I want a guy that actually plays the position they are actually playing. But I have to say, I love Reynolds game. I think he is a winner and make us so much better.
Great FT shooter and 3PT. A pure PG is probably better but would be nice getting this guy for sure.

Weird post. Especially if he decides to glance at this board before committing.
I’d be more concerned with the posts saying he’s worse at everything than who he’s replacing than some goofy tongue in cheek thing about a Centaur lol.

This pickup fills a couple of holes from last year, namely low post scoring and having a big man who can compete physically on defense.

I’d like to see a more well rounded skill set, but oh well.

This fits SU’s previous style of striking fairly quickly in the portal. When did we start seeing smoke here? I think it was less than 72 hours ago.

I’m most encouraged by the fact that Cuse targeted an older player with whom they had no previous relationship, at least to my knowledge. They are casting a wider net.

How does NIL work in a case like this where he just arrived and already committed? Like was that something discussed today? Are there legal documents involved?

That's absurd.

Hoftsra hasn't had a team for years :)
And the last time they had a team we took 2 of their players after they folded the program. Still bummed about Aaron Weaver getting that season ending knee injury. He was poised to have a 500+ yard season for us.

I just look at an offense with JJ, Reynolds and Bell on the outside and Lampkin and Freeman on the inside and think, well, we will be exciting on offense for sure.
At the end of the day, a senior like Reynolds could initiate the offense and get his. Plus Lampkin seems to be an excellent passer from the post.

I just look at an offense with JJ, Reynolds and Bell on the outside and Lampkin and Freeman on the inside and think, well, we will be exciting on offense for sure.
He adds versatility to the roster by filling a major need - interior scoring threat. That skill combined with his ability to pass will make the motion offense much more efficient and much more difficult to defend.

I think we might see a shooter as the next portal add...

This pickup fills a couple of holes from last year, namely low post scoring and having a big man who can compete physically on defense.

This fits SU’s previous style of striking fairly quickly in the portal. When did we start seeing smoke here? I think it was less than 72 hours ago.

I’m most encouraged by the fact that Cuse targeted an older player with whom they had no previous relationship, at least to my knowledge. They are casting a wider net.
Or, it was always in the plan and people are just impatient.

Not inside info but things usually don't come together in 3 days

His skill set is VERY rounded. Youll see.

No, in all seriousness though the biggest beneficiary to this could be Chris Bell (and any other shooter picked up.) because of Lampkins ability to pass out the post and set screens. The quick hitting sets were rank last year with terrible off ball screens, and limited motion overall. Lampkin will help the screen game and spot up game instantly. Haven’t had someone to initiate offense down there in a while. Freeman high low will harken back to Jackson AO but better.

His skill set is VERY rounded. Youll see.

No, in all seriousness though the biggest beneficiary to this could be Chris Bell (and any other shooter picked up.) because of Lampkins ability to pass out the post and set screens. The quick hitting sets were rank last year with terrible off ball screens, and limited motion overall. Lampkin will help the screen game and spot up game instantly. Haven’t had someone to initiate offense down there in a while. Freeman high low will harken back to Jackson AO but better.
And McLeod is very capable backup to protect the rim, even in limited time, he was pretty good at it, had Tenn flustered for a bit.

PS. I realize it’s soon to compare a two man game with Rick and AO, but I really only meant it because Freeman can shoot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom