Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

RickJack, 13.1 & 10.3 BE DPOY
Fab Melo 7.8 & 5.8 & 2.9 22nd NBA draft.
& Rak 17.5 & 9.1 ACC 1st team/ AA 3rd team.
have a sadz. Again.

I’ll throw in Jesse too.
14.5 & 10.3.
Rick Jackson wasn’t a true center but that’s still a very long time ago. Shocking how poor Fabs numbers are

Malik is in high demand $$$$. Don't think that happens and gotta a feeling Reynolds test the waters, if he doesn't then I like Cuse's chance. Also like BJ Freeman too, he would be a nice add at PG
Reynolds isn’t on the draft radar at all right now. I mentioned it earlier but people here think Judah has no draft stock when he’s slotted around #70 on big boards right now. Reynolds is not in the top 100. He’s got as much a chance of being drafted this year as JJ Starling.

Reynolds isn’t on the draft radar at all right now. I mentioned it earlier but people here think Judah has no draft stock when he’s slotted around #70 on big boards right now. Reynolds is not in the top 100. He’s got as much a chance of being drafted this year as JJ Starling.
But he is going to test the waters to find out what they want him to improve on. That is a problem for us. We can't wait. We have to have that chair when the portal music stops. I would love to land this kid. Combo skills notwithstanding. I just love his game.

Sucks losing Maliq. Great feel for the game, good kid. But we’ve been playing 4s at the five and 3s at the four far too often in recent years.

This kid is an upgrade at the five. Definitely a higher ceiling, maybe a lower floor because I’m concerned about temperament.

Maliq was great against smaller teams, but we got abused by teams with size. He didn’t start at the beginning of this year, and may have thought the same next year.

I think every recruit that has done photo shoots were all given a generic #1 jersey for the past few years
What if they don’t like #1? We need to up our recruiting efforts. The details matter.

Good add at a position of need.

Depth Chart Currently
C - Lampkin, MacLeod, Patterson
F - Freeman, Bell, Westry
G - Starling, Moore, Cuffe

Need another guard obviously, but also could use a forward too. Not sold Bell is ready to be a consistent guy and Westry has health issues. Plus Freeman is a freshman.

Really want the kid from Harvard. Reynolds I don’t think is going to happen. No inside knowledge, but would have thought it would have happened at this point.

Have room for 4 more. Can really convert this roster into a much better composition quickly.

I know there's some not happy but I like the addition at the 5 here. Big Eddie/Mcleod/Patterson is a decent group with different skill sets. Need to add another bruiser type 4 to go with Freeman and a PG. Wouldnt hate to see us try and bring another shooter too.

pretty important McLeodis good with this. He can give a solid 12 to 16 as the 2nd guy. Focus on rim protection and don’t worry about fouls.

But he is going to test the waters to find out what they want him to improve on. That is a problem for us. We can't wait. We have to have that chair when the portal music stops. I would love to land this kid. Combo skills notwithstanding. I just love his game.
Fair enough I suppose. It’s not ideal but like you said, would be very excited to have him. I really want a real PG too but man, his shooting ability is special.

What if they don’t like #1? We need to up our recruiting efforts. The details matter.
Since JB retired, the photoshoot part of the visits have been lightyears better. I think Benny Williams was actually wearing Jalen Carey's jersey on his official visit back then for the photoshoot lol.

No one put up huge numbers on the 2012 team. Outside of Joseph I’m not sure anyone else averaged over 25 MPG.

Yeah, and Fab’s #’s were so poor they got him drafted 22nd and made him millions of dollars.

Besides averaging nearly 3 blocks / game
(only Etan, DC, Bowie, Rony, & Mookie Watkins ever averaged more for Cuse),
he was amazingly adept at drawing charges.
His presence made our interior D elite.

Good add at a position of need.

Depth Chart Currently
C - Lampkin, MacLeod, Patterson
F - Freeman, Bell, Westry
G - Starling, Moore, Cuffe

Need another guard obviously, but also could use a forward too. Not sold Bell is ready to be a consistent guy and Westry has health issues. Plus Freeman is a freshman.

Really want the kid from Harvard. Reynolds I don’t think is going to happen. No inside knowledge, but would have thought it would have happened at this point.

Have room for 4 more. Can really convert this roster into a much better composition quickly.

I think we could use something like

Mack to complete the starting lineup
2 Hofstra kids for veteran bench depth
PF/C 6'10 ish guy that can play behind Freeman

Except this kid is wanted by Texas and Houston. What reeks is the groupthink after one person started hammering his defense. If Houston wants him, hmm, I don’t know, I recall they like to play defense. The kid isn’t Zach Edey, but he will give us offense and rebounding at the least. And he is a 5, I wish Brown was staying, I love the kid, but he isn’t a 5
Sabremetrics guys love to statsify.

This came from season ticket holder at CO:
"Very good passer for a big. Soft hands on the finish. Decent at the pick n roll. Limited range. Would tire quickly here at altitude.”
tire quickly at altitude..now it all makes sense

I doubt Estrella comes here to come off the bench
Estella could replace some of Maliq’s minutes if he actually leaves. We still need another bigger forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom