Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Isn’t this kid the best center we’ve had since Arinze?? Since him our centers have not been very productive players. 11 and 7 is a big upgrade for this program
Well I think Maliq was 9.5 points and 7.2 rebounds this year, Arinze scored 10.5 points and 5.1 rebounds his last year here.

Nice get. Eddie’s a big boy that will be able to handle the interior banging and get us buckets. Not sure we can expect him to give more than 20-25 good minutes a game so I really hope we can find another C option. I have no faith in McLeod and he’s be a better fit as the 3rd option. We simply can’t function offensively with him getting extended minutes.

Estrella would be fantastic, though probably wishful thinking. He could give minutes at the 4 as well, something we need to find still.

Perhaps one of these low/mid-major kids that have shown some scoring pop could come in as the 3rd F or hopefully push Bell.

My list would include a PF/C type, an offensive oriented F, obviously a PG and another shooter somewhere though that could be the F. Depth will be important and fixing the issues we saw all year would be nice.

and it's well deserved...
boom smile GIF

Red has been working his arse off. So has the staff. I’m convinced you guys will be pretty happy with the next two additions.
Feel like Lampkin came out of nowhere, so maybe these new guys will also. Maybe one of the recently decommited recruits?

Yeah, and Fab’s #’s were so poor they got him drafted 22nd and made him millions of dollars.

Besides averaging nearly 3 blocks / game
(only Etan, DC, Bowie, Rony, & Mookie Watkins ever averaged more for Cuse),
he was amazingly adept at drawing charges.
His presence made our interior D elite.
Lydon had some great numbers and he ended up playing the 5. 13.2 points, 8.6 rebounds his 2nd and last year here.

Anyone know what role a young man named Sam Holland plays in all of this? He seems to be connected to a lot of things cuse related and different players on both the football and basketball side of things.

Yeah, and Fab’s #’s were so poor they got him drafted 22nd and made him millions of dollars.

Besides averaging nearly 3 blocks / game
(only Etan, DC, Bowie, Rony, & Mookie Watkins ever averaged more for Cuse),
he was amazingly adept at drawing charges.
His presence made our interior D elite.
So you're the one who screwed up Rosie's retirement jersey!! :)

I did forget about him, he did develop a post game but he was still more of a rim runner at heart. Not really banging around and waiting for cuts to develop.
I forgot him too. Yikes. He averaged 14.5 points and 10.3 rebounds his last year here, plus almost 2 blocks a game. Style points don’t count :) - he was very productive for us.

Red has been working his arse off. So has the staff. I’m convinced you guys will be pretty happy with the next two additions.
We still pursuing Leffew? That seems like a name to watch for but things have been kinda quiet.

I will except Johnell Davis and Bronny James for the vibes

As a fan I became obsessed with the center position and grabbing an actual big body. Thank you red and staff! Huge pickup to start transfer szn. Now let’s grab a few more immediate impact guys and we will have upgraded our roster from last year.

This move pretty much solidified Maliq at the 4..oh wait. I guess he doesn't want to compete with Donnie and stay loyal to his coach, teammates, school, city and fan base like he said 2 weeks ago. We'll be fine
I hate these type posts. Maliq did what was best for him, he’s a freaking kid give him a break. He could argue Red didn’t stay loyal to Taylor and let him leave too.

Maliq was great when he was here no need to trash him on the way out. Terrible look.

Loved Maliq Brown but Eddie Lampkin is a HUGE upgrade at Center and a great, smart get, imho.

Lampkin is a physical, strong, long, legit Big Man who rebounds well, plays effective bully ball in the box using quick feet - much more agile than McCloud and NOT significantly less agile than Brown - showing good footwork while displaying a nice bag of low post scoring moves - far more skilled offensively in the paint than the departing Mr. Brown. EL is also an excellent passer with good vision and wise intent behind his passing.

Like Maliq, who I hope nothing but the best for, Lampkin just looks like a baller. Very nice first stop on the road to roster reconstruction. Now time to grab a ball distributing PG who can make threes and create for himself & his teammates. Nice pick up by Red and the crew.

Loved Maliq Brown but Eddie Lampkin is a HUGE upgrade at Center and a great, smart get, imho.

Lampkin is a physical, strong, long, legit Big Man who rebounds well, plays effective bully ball in the box using quick feet - much more agile than McCloud and NOT significantly less agile than Brown - showing good footwork while displaying a nice bag of low post scoring moves - far more skilled offensively in the paint than the departing Mr. Brown. EL is also an excellent passer with good vision and wise intent behind his passing.

Like Maliq, who I hope nothing but the best for, Lampkin just looks like a baller. Very nice first stop on the road to roster reconstruction. Now time to grab a ball distributing PG who can make threes and create for himself & his teammates. Nice pick up by Red and the crew.
I just realized your member name is boog7 and not bong7 after like two years. I am a little disappointed. But great post.

I just realized your member name is boog7 and not bong7 after like two years. I am a little disappointed. But great post.

OT-ish semi-related post:

My Frosh yeah one of the stoner dudes bought a new bong, from the head shop that was right next to Varsity.

He named it 007.

“My name is Bong. James Bong.”
;)

Back to Big Eddie!!

Georgetown wanted Eddie, and REALLY want (and expect to get) Malik Mack. If Red, Straughn and Donnie can pull that one off, we'll know this program still has the juice.
Thought they wanted Judah?

Anyone not excited by this is pining too much for Maliq. I get it, we all love Maliq, and would love for him to return, but this kid is a real center who can provide another option on offense and team with McLeod/Patterson? to have 40 solid minutes of big boys on defense.

I know this link is already on here somewhere, but this is what I am looking forward to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom