Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Agreed on giving him an extension but look at our 2nd bowl game..that year to tell me after that collapse he shouldn’t have been fired after going 6-0 in the start and ending 6-7.
You're not factoring in buying out his contract.

Agreed on giving him an extension but look at our 2nd bowl game..that year to tell me after that collapse he shouldn’t have been fired after going 6-0 in the start and ending 6-7.
Once again, with what money? We didn't have the money to fire the guy at that time. And , the 6-0 start was encouraging. We ran out of players.

that’s my problem with a lot of this is money, we couldn’t pay a buyout when a school like Texas a & m payed a 50 million plus buyout for there coach
Seriously? Where are you? We don't have their money. Not even close. We are a very small private school in upstate NY.

Seriously? Where are you? We don't have their money. Not even close. We are a very small private school in upstate NY.
I understand completely but if I’m not wrong the buyout was 3-4 million? Correct?

Everybody wanted Dino extended after the 2018 season. If anyone on this board claims that they didn't, then they are lying.
Drank the kool aid myself. I was down at the bowl game in Orlando against WVU. Dungey did Dungey things. I’m owning it. Babers overall acc record is what did it for me giving him the boot.

Went to dinner and missed 10 pages so I’m not sure what the board psyche is right now. I know we are going to figure something out…just bummed bc was soooo looking forward to having our first throw it to him and let him get a bucket guy since senior Rakeem. Ughhh.

Would have been such a fun season.

Welp, can only whine for another 2 weeks, 80 pages…so let’s go and see who is next.

Think we mostly agree the players deserve to be paid, and also that it diminishes the college game.

It ain’t boring though.

that’s my problem with a lot of this is money, we couldn’t pay a buyout when a school like Texas a & m payed a 50 million plus buyout for there coach
Did your check clear?

I understand completely but if I’m not wrong the buyout was 3-4 million? Correct?
1 or 100 million, it doesn't matter if you don't have it. And it wasn't for one year. It was for multiple years. We are paying him money this year.

1 or 100 million, it doesn't matter if you don't have it. And it wasn't for one year. It was for multiple years. We are paying him money this year.
Then I’ll own that is on me..I was under impression buyout was 4 million and his contract ended after this past season

I think people get very confused where the money actual is on the hill. Cuse does have a large endowment for sure. It’s not a slush fund tho. You don’t just short the Marketing professor to pay an assistant football coach or spend less money on the chicken tenders in the dining halls to buy out a football contract for a coach.

Every nickel is accounted for and planned. Budgets and committees and votes and then more votes and budgets. NIL now that’s a different story.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

We maybe...