Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Hopefully we can do a bidding war with smu..problem is they got a lot of money to bid with
Yeah they’re a similarly sized private school but apparently have billionaires on top of billionaires supporting them because of Texas oil money. I can’t wait til Micron gets up and running in central New York.

There was legitimate concern at the time that he could jump to a bigger fish if he had a good 2019 season without getting extended. Obviously that didn’t happen which was a sign of things to come but no one knew that was coming after the 2018 season. It’s all Sunday morning QB’ing.

Some people thought he was going to USC then

Okay, hearing that we had a donor step up and we made a sizeable offer. And the school is A and M not SMU
Speaking on this, he just was on Instagram live and multiple Syracuse players joined it. Fans were also continuously commenting things involving Syracuse, and I’m 99.9% sure I heard either him or someone with him say “We love Orange”. So what you heard could be (or probably is) why this all happened. Anyone else in here on his live that could confirm that they heard that statement?

He is currently working out at Crowley High School in Crowley, TX (southside of Fort Worth)... which is near TCU (attending a friend's graduation).

We need players declared employees and get contracts in place.

This is crazy.

It’s not the money, it’s the handshake agreements.
Do not need it to be written. Maybe SU should for breach of contract.

Do not need it to be written. Maybe SU should for breach of contract.
A verbal agreement is not binding for a high school student committing to a university so I would imagine it would be the same with a portal guy.

A verbal agreement is not binding for a high school student committing to a university so I would imagine it would be the same with a portal guy.
He is over 18 and an adult for contracting purposes?

Speaking on this, he just was on Instagram live and multiple Syracuse players joined it. Fans were also continuously commenting things involving Syracuse, and I’m 99.9% sure I heard either him or someone with him say “We love Orange”. So what you heard could be (or probably is) why this all happened. Anyone else in here on his live that could confirm that they heard that statement?
I heard it to

Bulldogs post was on the money about the importance of keeping this kid in the fold. It’s a complete team if we do just needing a couple pieces. You run your offense through your big man and you can do a lot of different things. This is one time where the money matters. His rating may not excite anyone on the portal rankings but there won’t be but a handful of centers across the country as experience and effective at the 5 as he will be offensively. Win the battles you can’t lose, lean on the risks taken with some guys to pay off and keep grinding.

Texas A&M already landed Pharrel Payne in the portal who is probably a better center than Eddie and should start. If they have 750K to throw at Eddie just to be a backup/platoon dude thats insane.
Maybe they're not Happy just having Pharrel- See what I did there?

Bulldogs post was on the money about the importance of keeping this kid in the fold. It’s a complete team if we do just needing a couple pieces. You run your offense through your big man and you can do a lot of different things. This is one time where the money matters. His rating may not excite anyone on the portal rankings but there won’t be but a handful of centers across the country as experience and effective at the 5 as he will be offensively. Win the battles you can’t lose, lean on the risks taken with some guys to pay off and keep grinding.
Well said. My thought as well.

Shooters Come Cheap. Bigs that fit the offense you want to install do not.

I hate this is how college sports are now. Regardless of the outcome, I’m less of a fan of Eddie Lampkin then I was this morning.
It's not about Eddie. Any fan of college sports who thinks that the
portal and NIL are in any way a sane way to exist must be living in
fantasy land. I love SU but are done with college sports. On to the
real pros, who I used to ignore as greedy and self absorbed. At least
they have a certain level of honesty in their game.