Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

For those who keep saying if Fran can do it, why can’t Red, it’s comparing apples and oranges. Fran does have more NIL, all football programs do and it’s not close. But the guys he’s bringing in aren’t just because of NIL, it’s also because of Fran himself. He was the #1 recruiter in the country last year and our DC was #1 the year prior.
Thank you. I'm not sure what Reds message is to kids as to why they should come to Syracuse. But if it isn't more than money than Syracuse will always struggle.

We have to find a fix in Europe. Maybe a pt guard as well. I will make this guarantee. Those two players are out there. Can we find them and get them to go to Syracuse is the question.
Our new coach has a few EU connections so there is a chance. Realistically it's a long shot that we find a starting 5 at this point.
Bring Patterson back and add the best forward 3 or 4 available. Possibly play more zone.

Fran is building a program. You have to be myopic or are choosing to be myopic not to be able to see that. And he’s doing it the right way. It’s not about counting wins before they happen. It’s about a systematic overhaul in the way things were being done Football wise, from recruiting to conditioning to coaching to player management to program management. The change is obvious if you’re paying attention, and it’s what needs to be seen in order to see improvement on the field long term.
Spot on. I suggest anyone who supports or wants to support the football effort reach out to Fran. If you do I doubt you will question if he is going to be successful.

Thank you. I'm not sure what Reds message is to kids as to why they should come to Syracuse. But if it isn't more than money than Syracuse will always struggle.
I’ve heard Fran tells kids they will get taken care of and worries about the money later where the basketball program unlike other football and basketball programs tells kids exactly what they’re getting. Basically other schools are inflating their offers and those programs may currently not have the money and may never have it. Jeff Goodman has discussed this for over a year.

Okay, hearing that we had a donor step up and we made a sizeable offer. And the school is A and M not SMU
If you can anwser or if you know. With the increased NIL funds now needed for Lampkin. Would Syracuse have potentially went after a different center in the very beginning instead of Lampkin if they knew the final price?

I know your are big on Lampkin and it appears so are the coaches. Just wonder if they would have gone after a different center from the get go if they had 750k to offer at that time.

I’ve heard Fran tells kids they will get taken care of and worries about the money later where the basketball program unlike other football and basketball programs tells kids exactly what they’re getting. Basically other schools are inflating their offers and those programs may currently not have the money and may never have it. Jeff Goodman has discussed this for over a year.
This is why it’s crazy to me that the NCAA won’t allow contracts. They keep thinking contracts will make it pay for play. NCAA is the only one who refuses to acknowledge that it is already PAY FOR PLAY.

contracts will bring more transparency to the process and protect both the player and donors. No more fake numbers. But there will be clauses to make players honor contracts and it will also guarantee that players get the money they are promised from donors.

After giving him an extension which everyone would have done, and to suggest otherwise is not being honest, we were stuck. We couldn't afford to fire him before we did.
Dino wasn't a good fit. He was always going to be a west coast guy. The only reason he stayed was because the cards didn't fall in his favor after his big year. I know for a fact he was gone .
I was thrilled when he ended up staying but we were not the outcome he wanted.

If you can anwser or if you know. With the increased NIL funds now needed for Lampkin. Would Syracuse have potentially went after a different center in the very beginning instead of Lampkin if they knew the final price?

I know your are big on Lampkin and it appears so are the coaches. Just wonder if they would have gone after a different center from the get go if they had 750k to offer at that time.
I don’t think so. Anyone that scanned the list of the top 30 true Centers saw one major difference with Eddie. His weight and his experience. The passing and running the offense through him comes with the experience. He’s used to having the ball.

There’s are alot of 6’11-7’2 guys in the portal right now. They also weigh 215 not 275. They also have never been asked to do more than hope to rebound and hope to get easy dunks since they’re tall. We also have a 7’4 guy already that can do the same.

Texas A&M already landed Pharrel Payne in the portal who is probably a better center than Eddie and should start. If they have 750K to throw at Eddie just to be a backup/platoon dude thats insane.
They do

I don’t think so. Anyone that scanned the list of the top 30 true Centers saw one major difference with Eddie. His weight and his experience. The passing and running the offense through him comes with the experience. He’s used to having the ball.

There’s are alot of 6’11-7’2 guys in the portal right now. They also weigh 215 not 275. They also have never been asked to do more than hope to rebound and hope to get easy dunks since they’re tall. We also have a 7’4 guy already that can do the same.
The Lampkin you describe sounds like an All League type player, he have any accolades?

This is why it’s crazy to me that the NCAA won’t allow contracts. They keep thinking contracts will make it pay for play. NCAA is the only one who refuses to acknowledge that it is already PAY FOR PLAY.

contracts will bring more transparency to the process and protect both the player and donors. No more fake numbers. But there will be clauses to make players honor contracts and it will also guarantee that players get the money they are promised from donors.
Well worth a listen from one of the top
authorities on collectives, NIL and contracts.

The Lampkin you describe sounds like an All League type player, he have any accolades?
That’s not all league, it’s just how he fits Autry’s system. He obvi isn’t great on defense or rim protecting. He can rebound tho. There’s not a lot of all league centers in the first place anyway. if you look around the league 90% of them were super senior Covid kids that are gone this year. Especially the ACC. All those bigs that people said oh well never match up. Poof gone to league or forced graduation.

He’s barely in the top 200 of the transfer rankings.
Now filter by Centers and guys that aren’t stick figures. How many now?

I’m not joking when I say Clemsons replacement for PJ Hall is a 6’9 210 pound guy from Russia.

That’s not all league, it’s just how he fits Autry’s system. He obvi isn’t great on defense or rim protecting. He can rebound tho. There’s not a lot of all league centers in the first place anyway. if you look around the league 90% of them were super senior Covid kids that are gone this year. Especially the ACC. All those bigs that people said oh well never match up. Poof gone to league or forced graduation.
Well whatever the system is that runs around Lampkin is horrible.

You can’t just pick out one thing with Lampkin. It’s his entire game that works for Red. His post game, rebounding, toughness, leadership, experience and his ability to pass and make his teammates better. His enthusiasm is infectious. It’s the whole package that makes him a great fit. You don’t find this with all bigs. Red understands that we can’t lose this kid.

You can’t just pick out one thing with Lampkin. It’s his entire game that works for Red. His post game, rebounding, toughness, leadership, experience and his ability to pass and make his teammates better. His enthusiasm is infectious. It’s the whole package that makes him a great fit. You don’t find this with all bigs. Red understands that we can’t lose this kid.
Are you just making crap up?

lol how could anyone know that at this point? My god
We are going to blow our budget on Lampkin or end up with a bunch of players that don’t move the needle. If we don’t end up with Lampkin we’ve upgraded exactly one position on the roster. 15-20 wins is staring us right in the face either way. It’s the same sht every offseason for at least 5 years.

I seriously doubt Fran BS kids.