Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

I think our NILs need some professional help.
First Eddie doesn't have to pay NY taxes. He isn't a full time resident.
Second sign the kid and make him pay a fee if he breaks the contract.
This deal wasn't papered well.
You do know that MLB players have to pay taxes in the different states that they play their games in, right?

College Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

You do know that MLB players have to pay taxes in the different states that they play their games in, right?
Just another reason for NFL guys to hate a Buffalo game in January

He is earning money in NY, he will have to pay NY taxes.
Who says all his money is being earned in NY? Really blows my mind how many people keep making comments about NY taxes without understanding exactly how taxes work. The school is NOT the one paying him. There's a lot of ways around NY taxes when it comes to NIL. Just like there was ways around Jesse Edwards getting NIL money even though he wasn't a US citizen

Who says all his money is being earned in NY? Really blows my mind how many people keep making comments about NY taxes without understanding exactly how taxes work. The school is NOT the one paying him. There's a lot of ways around NY taxes when it comes to NIL. Just like there was ways around Jesse Edwards getting NIL money even though he wasn't a US citizen
Incorporated in Delaware or Bahamas perhaps.

Incorporated in Delaware or Bahamas perhaps.
Incorporate in Delaware, get paid $500k to make an appearance there for a day, then make 20 other appearances as a favor to a friend in and around CNY. Pay less taxes than doing work in Texas.

As mentioned earlier, the player‘s character comes into play. I remember when Jason Hart wanted out of his commitment late in the recruiting period because of a family illness. Boeheim stood firm and refused to release him. Jason reported and played hard for 4 years at Syracuse. He was a good representative of the team, the school and the community.

Not knowing Eddie Lampkin, I’m not sure if Eddie Lampkin would do the same. I would hope if it comes down to him playing, that he give his all like Jason Hart did.
Hart was tampered with by UCLA. Jim Harrick lost Olujimi Mann late in the cycle and needed a PG desperately. They took advantage of the fact Hart’s brother had an illness, tried to manipulate the situation, and told Jason to sell that as the story. JB was right not to let Jason out of his NLI. He knew the scum bags that were trying to manipulate Jason and his family. It’s funny that Harrick was canned not too long after for recruiting shenanigans.

Get him enrolled in the May summer session asap.
THIS!!! x1000! Jeebus SU, help Red out here. Time for the school to change policy and allow early summer class enrollment for portal athletes. Even if it’s table tennis or basket weaving 101. There have to be summer classes that are offered every year.

I know I’m talking out my arse here because I don’t know if SU can actually do this, but if they can, it needs to start next year.

Sam Elliott would do it. :)

THIS!!! x1000! Jeebus SU, help Red out here. Time for the school to change policy and allow early summer class enrollment for portal athletes. Even if it’s table tennis or basket weaving 101. There have to be summer classes that are offered every year.

I know I’m talking out my arse here because I don’t know if SU can actually do this, but if they can, it needs to start next year.

Sam Elliott would do it. :)
Wait, we don't let portal athletes enroll early for summer? As a policy?

Why?

Not happy with Buzz Williams if this is A&M that “tampered.” But maybe boosters really are running the show at the big schools.
Not surprised that Buzz would be involved here. I haven’t liked him since his Marquette days.

I just wonder how coaches are going to be able to carry on friendships in these times. I’m sure BE media day is going to be HOT with Pitino and Holloway in the same room. And I’m sure there aren’t many warm and fuzzy relationships in the ACC camp either.

Wait, we don't let portal athletes enroll early for summer? As a policy?

Why?
I don’t know how SU works, but I don’t think they allow signing up for summer classes or winter classes until the end of the prior semester. I would think summer classes should be open for enrollment now.

My son took two winter classes last year (not SU) and didn’t sign up for them until after the Fall semester ended. Not sure how early he could have signed up. I didn’t ask. Kids never tell you anything. :rolleyes: