Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Who says all his money is being earned in NY? Really blows my mind how many people keep making comments about NY taxes without understanding exactly how taxes work. The school is NOT the one paying him. There's a lot of ways around NY taxes when it comes to NIL. Just like there was ways around Jesse Edwards getting NIL money even though he wasn't a US citizen
Lol, where is the collective located?

Ok, let's not make this into sounding like a legal scenario or something lol. He said he couldn't spend another season up there (in Boulder). It was personal, but it could be a lot of things, medical, etc.

Sorry didn’t mean to suggest that. Just restating what was stated.

Ok let’s say we up our offer and he stays. Reaction of his teammates? And fan reaction especially when he underperforms? Savage booing? Killed on social media? What local biz wants this dude as their spokesperson? Who buys his jersey? Thought that was the whole point of NIL? Maybe his family doesn’t care once they have the bag, but if it were my kid that’s a lot to take from a human emotion view. Again maybe this new breed doesn’t care.
The clock is ticking on college sports. And there’s no exit ramp that won’t be hung up in litigation
I feel for those season ticket holders; I moved away 40 ago.
I think you are totally wrong on teammates. They want people to get paid. What he got didn’t impact what they got.
The players are just following the examples set by those in charge: coaches jump for more money, schools change conferences for more money, and force the players on these incredibly arduous travel schedules. All for money. Why should the players approach it differently? Why should fans expect them to?

And most of the fan base wouldn’t have know me about all this crazy stuff anyways lol. Happy it sounds like it might of worked out however I also wonder if we are still considering brining in more players for this coming year

And most of the fan base wouldn’t have know me about all this crazy stuff anyways lol. Happy it sounds like it might of worked out however I also wonder if we are still considering brining in more players for this coming year

Check Dash's post on the main board. Staff is still working to add players even if/when Lampkin is in the fold

Hart was tampered with by UCLA. Jim Harrick lost Olujimi Mann late in the cycle and needed a PG desperately. They took advantage of the fact Hart’s brother had an illness, tried to manipulate the situation, and told Jason to sell that as the story. JB was right not to let Jason out of his NLI. He knew the scum bags that were trying to manipulate Jason and his family. It’s funny that Harrick was canned not too long after for recruiting shenanigans.

Are there NLIs for the portal?

Heard the same. Yesterday the staff was confident the relationship could be saved. It appears they have taken the steps to convince him to stay..huge for such a clueless coach and AD.
Was it strictly NIL related?

You do know that MLB players have to pay taxes in the different states that they play their games in, right?
I do. This if structured properly is different.