Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

"He made a move from the class of 2021 to 2020 and was down to Alabama, Georgia and LSU with the Tigers as the heavy favorite. They moved on and Anselem came back with a new list of six at the beginning of May that included Arkansas, Kentucky, San Diego State, Seton Hall, Syracuse and Western Kentucky.

On Wednesday, Anselem will make his college choice, but there's a twist. He's got another revised list and he'll now be making his choice from a final four of Georgia, New Mexico, San Diego State and Syracuse.

Anselem is a high-major athlete all the way with plenty of room to add onto his frame without losing athleticism or flexibility. He's got to develop on the offensive end, but is ready to help on the glass and as a rim protector.

My FutureCast pick is in for Syracuse but, given the wild nature of Anselem's recruitment over the last month, nothing would surprise me when he announces tomorrow."

So this kid moves Edwards to 3rd and JBA to 4th team or how is this going to shake out. somebody currently on the roster is making us push hard for bigs.
JBA transfer or play stretch 4 wing. If you watched him in high school as the PF at Weston thats his position anyways not the 5.

Would love to go back to the days with two guys at 4/5 like AO & Rick.

Am I reading it right that he was a PF at Prolific? Or did he mostly play center?

Would love to go back to the days with two guys at 4/5 like AO & Rick.
I agree 100%!!!!! It still hurts me to think of what we could've accomplished with that team if not for that AO injury... or that Rick Jackson offensive foul call vs Butler smh.

For some reason I always thought that Rick would come back and be our big man coach. I spoke to him some years back and he mentioned he would be getting into coaching at some point, thought it would be with us by now

This is more about opportunity. An opportunity to keep Dolezaj at the 4. An opportunity to have a game-ready backup for Sidibe. An opportunity to get a leg up on finding Sidibe’s replacement for next year. An opportunity provided by the sudden exodus of three players.

It’s nothing against Edwards, who might redshirt, or JBA, who might play some 4.

I'm excited for him. I think he is a 2 or 3 year player here. Backs up Sid next year and starts in 2021. I think one of Edwards or JBA transfers out which sucks because I think we need to train up and groom our bigs but the staff obviously wanted more than what they have seen in practice and games last year.

I'm excited for him. I think he is a 2 or 3 year player here. Backs up Sid next year and starts in 2021. I think one of Edwards or JBA transfers out which sucks because I think we need to train up and groom our bigs but the staff obviously wanted more than what they have seen in practice and games last year.
Like you said Sid is gone next year; so there’s all 40 minutes available next year at the 5. It’ll be an open competition between Anselem/Edwards/JBA. I’m sure one will transfer, but my assumption is the best 2 will stay ...

Wherever he chooses, I hope it warranted the madness that resulted in this thread.

What may not translate is having two of those on the court at the same time.
If JBA stays he can play the 4 with Anselem or Edwards playing the 5 JBA has a stretch 4 skillset and 3 point range. He excelled at Weston when teams left him open for the jumpshot. He would be a defensive liability at the 5. But a perfect big wing for us. Kinda like Southerland but not as good a shooter or Lydon but not as good a athlete.

What may not translate is having two of those on the court at the same time.
I don't know - If you have 3 good shooters with those 2 bigs that can pass...
4/5's don't have to be good shooters if they are good passers/finishers..
I haven't watched enough film on Frank Anselem to see if he has good hands or not. A lot of bigs don't, which severely limits their potential.

Where does he rank among level of big men recruits we have brought in in the last 10 years ?

This is more about opportunity. An opportunity to keep Dolezaj at the 4. An opportunity to have a game-ready backup for Sidibe. An opportunity to get a leg up on finding Sidibe’s replacement for next year. An opportunity provided by the sudden exodus of three players.

It’s nothing against Edwards, who might redshirt, or JBA, who might play some 4.

And cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors