Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say it again just because its UK. I wouldnt be shocked if he somehow ends up there. But my gut feeling is that he isnt a high priority for him. I feel like maybe this is more hype from his camp but who knows? Theres VERY little chatter about him on their forums and they are hoping to land Williams.

Hope you're right -- but the reality is that most of these kids believe that they can't fail, and are comfortable betting on themselves. They go to Kentucky [or Duke, etc.] believing that they are going to excel.

Hope you're right -- but the reality is that most of these kids believe that they can't fail, and are comfortable betting on themselves. They go to Kentucky [or Duke, etc.] believing that they are going to excel.
I hear ya. Nothing shocks me when it comes to UK and landing recruits. The place sells itself. Just hope this one works out in our favor and the kid and his family see through the hype.

Eh I dont like how this one makes me feel with stuff from one of his advisers and coach. Also the kid and what he says about wanting to play with the best and adapting etc.

I hear ya. Nothing shocks me when it comes to UK and landing recruits. The place sells itself. Just hope this one works out in our favor and the kid and his family see through the hype.

Cal sells the NBA and has plenty of examples to choose from. It’s an NBA factory. Even guys that come off the bench get sniffed for the draft. They especially turn out pro Centers.

It would be hard to turn down to be honest. It all depends on what the kids goals are and what he wants in a school.

We don’t have the best history of turning out pro Centers. Our system usually doesn’t showcase them.

We have to sell him on the fact that you will be playing for one of the best coaches of all time. The best fans in college basketball. The Dome. Not being recruited over like UK. Highlight your defensive abilities in the zone.

Cal sells the NBA and has plenty of examples to choose from. It’s an NBA factory. Even guys that come off the bench get sniffed for the draft. They especially turn out pro Centers.

It would be hard to turn down to be honest. It all depends on what the kids goals are and what he wants in a school.

We don’t have the best history of turning out pro Centers. Our system usually doesn’t showcase them.

We have to sell him on the fact that you will be playing for one of the best coaches of all time. The best fans in college basketball. The Dome. Not being recruited over like UK. Highlight your defensive abilities in the zone.
I fully agree and I’ve said before...Cal has the “I’ll teach you to be a pro” pitch nailed down. I would not say he(UK) turns out pro centers or pro players for that fact. Outside of maybe one or two, which ones weren’t projected NBA players before stepping foot on campus? Again, Cal knows this too, and I think his pitch is the same...He teaches them and treats them like pros.

Not so amazing.

Between insiders giving up posting because of the grief they take and the fact that people aren't "rubbing elbows" with anybody, much less coaching staff, I'm not expecting much inside info for a while.

Good point!

Not so amazing.

Between insiders giving up posting because of the grief they take and the fact that people aren't "rubbing elbows" with anybody, much less coaching staff, I'm not expecting much inside info for a while.

Really been a pet peeve of mine with how board insiders were treated by some in the past. It has cost us a number of great inside information that we used to have on this board.

I fully agree and I’ve said before...Cal has the “I’ll teach you to be a pro” pitch nailed down. I would not say he(UK) turns out pro centers or pro players for that fact. Outside of maybe one or two, which ones weren’t projected NBA players before stepping foot on campus? Again, Cal knows this too, and I think his pitch is the same...He teaches them and treats them like pros.

True. They do not develop players. They recruit NBA ready athletes.

Although Nick Richards has developed quite nicely, could just be a testament of getting more playtime.

I don’t think Frank Anselem is a 1 or 2 year NBA ready guy. I just hope Cal doesn’t sell him on that just to get his commitment but I’m sure he will.

“Come to UK Frank, you will be ready for the NBA playing for us. You will get drafted like the countless other UK players.”
Truthfully they will bring him in. He won’t play much and they will bring in the next 5 star stud to play over him. He will then transfer out.

Atleast with us he won’t have to worry about getting recruited over. He can develop. He will get better competition in the ACC. And when he’s ready he can go to the NBA if he develops enough.

After reading this from one of his coaches it sounds like hes ok with going there and developing. I did find the last bit interesting.

“Kentucky has told us to take our time, and another school that we’re favoring is also giving us the same message,” Smith said. “They think a lot of kids are going to transfer, because of the coronavirus — they’re not getting to know the schools and build relationships and visit. They want to make sure that this is really where he wants to be.”

Wonder what school is the other one they are favoring? Sounds like it's a 2 school race already and not 6.

After reading this from one of his coaches it sounds like hes ok with going there and developing. I did find the last bit interesting.

“Kentucky has told us to take our time, and another school that we’re favoring is also giving us the same message,” Smith said. “They think a lot of kids are going to transfer, because of the coronavirus — they’re not getting to know the schools and build relationships and visit. They want to make sure that this is really where he wants to be.”

Wonder what school is the other one they are favoring? Sounds like it's a 2 school race already and not 6.

When Cal tells you to slow down and take your time, it means you are down the pecking order and they are slow playing you. Most schools that tell you that are actually doing the same thing. But, if he were a 5 star, they would take his commitment yesterday.

When Cal tells you to slow down and take your time, it means you are down the pecking order and they are slow playing you. Most schools that tell you that are actually doing the same thing. But, if he were a 5 star, they would take his commitment yesterday.
Oh I get that. I still think they want him but just as backup insurance and they are being honest with him. (Crazy I know) because it's well documented they are still pursuing others for immediate impact. But it actually sounds like hes ok with that scenario. At least from that article. Guess we'll see..just wonder who the other school is they are favoring. Seems like something we would tell recruits. SH has 1 scholarship to fill and would want to take him instantly..I'm sure the same applies for the other schools.

come on down now Frankie
As he should...but they are pitching him on coming and "developing him into a pro" because he hasnt been playing basketball that long and UK can take him to the next level the best by playing and competing with the best. Hopefully he wants to try and compete for minutes right away instead of being buried and used as a punching bag for sarr. This definitely should help us but who knows.

As he should...but they are pitching him on coming and "developing him into a pro" because he hasnt been playing basketball that long and UK can take him to the next level the best by playing and competing with the best. Hopefully he wants to try and compete for minutes right away instead of being buried and used as a punching bag for sarr. This definitely should help us but who knows.
Name me one player they "developed" into a pro? Rony Seiklay barely knew what a basketball was when he got here.

Etan Thomas is another development center JB got to the league.

At UK Frank will be the practice guy for the next 5* his entire career

Name me one player they "developed" into a pro? Rony Seiklay barely knew what a basketball was when he got here.

They have many that were considered sure fire one and done first rounders. Some ended up staying multiple years at UK and then didn't get drafted. Look at the Harrison twins. They were both top ten players, if I recall correctly. They didn't develop.

I agree. I wasnt saying UK was right on their pitch to him. If anything it's a huge load of BS. But they are already trying to set the stage for it. Really hope they see past that nonsense.

they seem confident they will land frank too and they are out on Williams. This should be fun.

Screenshot_20200506-132509_Chrome.jpg

That sounds very Syracuse. Boeheim takes his time because you know..premature anything. No good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom