Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally trending towards Centers who can actually score and not just sit there like a stiff. I never understood why they recruit centers with no offensive game whatsoever, makes no sense. Its like another weapon you leave out of battle.
yup - it’s been a debilitating recruiting strategy.

Encouraged to see an adjusted approach to the prototype we are looking for at the 5 and at guard.

giphy.gif

Back on topic of Jesse Edwards, if anyone is interested in watching him in some scrimmages at IMG...

He's #12 on black. First game starts at 8:12. Second game starts at 59:30.

Seems like really low level competition here/everyone seems to be pretty lazy. He didn't really do anything to stand out IMO. Idk, I'm not nearly as optimistic about this kid as I was when Dolezaj came out of nowhere a couple years ago. I just don't really see it with Edwards.
Looks like a good athlete. Runs well for a big guy. Has some agility, made a nice spin move in the paint early to draw a foul. Played head to head with a 7’3 junior from Canada I would not be surprised if we got involved with next year. Bodied him up and played pretty physical on defense. Didn’t box out very well, does not appear to be a plus rebounder.

They mentioned he is an excellent student with a 1310 plus SAT score and that Ivy League schools were interested in him. Hope that means he will not have issues getting cleared by the NCAA. He looks like he knows the game and is pretty solid fundamentally. Not like say, Rony was as a frosh at SU. Good move at about the 22:15 mark.

The color guy said he weighs less than 200 pounds. He looks stronger and thicker than Marek. Not as much basketball talent as Marek but I think he has the frame and athletic ability to be a good center in the ACC down the road.

excited to have him & if the staff thinks he is worthwhile, then that tells me all i have to know . . . but he is such an unknown that he doesn't really move the needle for me as far as judging this class. i already thought it was a very good class with brycen, jgiii, jba & guerrier; edwards can only make it better.

gotta love the way red & griff are able to make these late, high ceiling finds: marek, braswell and now edwards

i also love the fact that the staff is loading up on underclassmen. there will be 8 sophomores & freshman on next year's squad. probably 2 more will be added in the class of 2020. jb is really looking to leave a full cupboard for gmac er . . . his eventual replacement

excited to have him & if the staff thinks he is worthwhile, then that tells me all i have to know . . . but he is such an unknown that he doesn't really move the needle for me as far as judging this class. i already thought it was a very good class with brycen, jgiii, jba & guerrier; edwards can only make it better.

gotta love the way red & griff are able to make these late, high ceiling finds: marek, braswell and now edwards

i also love the fact that the staff is loading up on underclassmen. there will be 8 sophomores & freshman on next year's squad. probably 2 more will be added in the class of 2020. jb is really looking to leave a full cupboard for gmac er . . . his eventual replacement
I think it is more that they don't believe they will be able to recruit in the last year or two of JB's tenure. recxruit: who will be coaching me? Ass't: I don't know

Jumping in this late on a "4"--

Does this mean the coaches have been advised that one of our forwards is not returning?
Considering they are scrambling and also trying to get the guy from Louisiana Tech as well It’s obvious.

I think it is more that they don't believe they will be able to recruit in the last year or two of JB's tenure. recxruit: who will be coaching me? Ass't: I don't know

NOBODY WILL KNOW - not even JB - when the “last year or two of JB’s tenure” will be.

He - like pretty much every coach ever - will keep on keeping on like he plans to be there forever.

He’s most definitely not doing the “Derek Jeter Farewell Tour” thing.

And then one day, he won’t be.
Just like for nearly every other coach ever.

I think it is more that they don't believe they will be able to recruit in the last year or two of JB's tenure. recxruit: who will be coaching me? Ass't: I don't know i will
fify

Looks like a good athlete. Runs well for a big guy. Has some agility, made a nice spin move in the paint early to draw a foul. Played head to head with a 7’3 junior from Canada I would not be surprised if we got involved with next year. Bodied him up and played pretty physical on defense. Didn’t box out very well, does not appear to be a plus rebounder.

They mentioned he is an excellent student with a 1310 plus SAT score and that Ivy League schools were interested in him. Hope that means he will not have issues getting cleared by the NCAA. He looks like he knows the game and is pretty solid fundamentally. Not like say, Rony was as a frosh at SU. Good move at about the 22:15 mark.

The color guy said he weighs less than 200 pounds. He looks stronger and thicker than Marek. Not as much basketball talent as Marek but I think he has the frame and athletic ability to be a good center in the ACC down the road.
If he ends up being half of Rony, I'll take it.

I don’t think JB is retiring after Buddy graduates—or at least he’s not going to tell the world that. If he’s able to get the program cooking again, I see him going for a few more years. When he goes, it’ll be because of health issues (god forbid), a losing season or a bigger downturn in recruiting, or continued .500 conferences finishes that he can’t find/recruit his way out of. As others have said, there will be no farewell tour. he’ll abruptly decide after the season to hang it up.

I think by his junior/senior year we will have multiple offensively dependable, shot blocking bigs on this team and that makes me excited even if both will have growing pains next year.

NOBODY WILL KNOW - not even JB - when the “last year or two of JB’s tenure” will be.

He - like pretty much every coach ever - will keep on keeping on like he plans to be there forever.

He’s most definitely not doing the “Derek Jeter Farewell Tour” thing.

And then one day, he won’t be.
Just like for nearly every other coach ever.
And every coach recruiting against us will say the guy is 70 whatever, he won't be coaching you for 4 years.

And every coach recruiting against us will say the guy is 70 whatever, he won't be coaching you for 4 years.
just be up front about it:

"i know i'm old enough to be your grandfather & i know all those other coaches are telling you that's a bad thing. but i've got kids about your age and none of them do. they keep me young and in touch. i've got more energy left in my tank than k or roy or bielien or you name them - you've met them and you know it's true. hell i gave rick pitino his first job and he's out of the game but i'm still rolling, never had a losing season and never will."

just be up front about it:

"i know i'm old enough to be your grandfather & i know all those other coaches are telling you that's a bad thing. but i've got kids about your age and none of them do. they keep me young and in touch. i've got more energy left in my tank than k or roy or bielien or you name them - you've met them and you know it's true. hell i gave rick pitino his first job and he's out of the game but i'm still rolling, never had a losing season and never will."
Oh and one other thing, I don't recruit 2 guards while buddy is here. And I never will. Just joking. I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom