Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded video wasn't loading for me. Here's the video on youtube, if anyone else had an issue.

The best part is that when he gets the ball, he shoots the ball. None of this catch the ball and put the ball on the floor bs that some of our bigs have had a tendency to do. Put the ball right up. Nothing to be afraid of.

The best part is that when he gets the ball, he shoots the ball. None of this catch the ball and put the ball on the floor bs that some of our bigs have had a tendency to do. Put the ball right up. Nothing to be afraid of.

He seems to have a decent touch and athleticism/hands.

Obviously in a highlight video all the shots are going to go in, but some of those shots he wouldn’t be taking if he didn’t have a touch.

Seems to move with some coordination. I’ll take him.

As much as some talk about the string beans now, there was a time where we got kids with bodies who couldn’t play(Eric Williams - 4 man but point is the same, Ethan Cole...God bless him for his title contributions and he could block shots, but Jeremy McNeil, even Brennan-McBride had some muscle and size it I remember.

I’ll take basketball talent first and foremost.

He has good hands and can dribble, but he’s not explosive at all and he has no left hand around the rim. He will have a hard time scoring in the ACC.

I mean yeah, that's the problem. The staff needs to be judged collectively. If Gerry is the main man and the best he can do is pull in top 75 kids, well that's why we are where we are.

Griff should be on the hot seat.

Is Griff not fitting in or is it that he’s not bringing enough to the table? He did land (albeit briefly) one of our highest rated recruits of all time. Are there locks he dropped the ball on?

In the time between writing the headline of this story to writing the story, Edwards grew from 6'10 to 6'11.

Article also says he's 215 lbs, much bigger than the previously reported 188.

Syracuse offers scholarship to 6-10 center from the Netherlands
i thought from those highlight films he looked bigger than 188. not thick by any stretch, but hardier than marek for example

also, reading through that coach's timeline, i came across this. probably not a huge cause of concern,but something to watch out for

Elaborate.
Honestly, looks 10 years behind a "normal" basketball recruit in basketball experience. Also looks to have really slow feet, for what would be a 4 in our system?

Honestly, looks 10 years behind a "normal" basketball recruit in basketball experience. Also looks to have really slow feet, for what would be a 4 in our system?
yep. i wrote that he physically resembles chris mccullough. but take a look at these highlights of mccullough as a sophomore and compare with this kid as a post grad. it's not even close. now granted cm is a high bar, but this is 15 year old cm and it's still not close

i don't mean this to shjt on the kid, but to keep expectations more balanced

yep. i wrote that he physically resembles chris mccullough. but take a look at these highlights of mccullough as a sophomore and compare with this kid as a post grad. it's not even close. now granted cm is a high bar, but this is 15 year old cm and it's still not close

i don't mean this to shjt on the kid, but to keep expectations more balanced

I'm a complete non-expert. But, this kid's ceiling(high ceiling) is Matthew Moyer, imo...

The embedded video wasn't loading for me. Here's the video on youtube, if anyone else had an issue.

The Dutch are the tallest people on earth so he's not doing all this against a bunch of midgets.

I think Jesse Edwards will be an excellent get. He appears to be very afhetic. He can shoot the mid range shot His wing span is excellent. I really like him. I hope we get him.

The Dutch are the tallest people on earth so he's not doing all this against a bunch of midgets.
I didn't know that but I googled it. It was hard to say when the only dutch you know are Rik Smits, Sven Nater and Serge Zwiikker. All very tall.

15C9ACAA-6C18-4543-8060-043A8C69AEAE.gif

I didn't know that but I googled it. It was hard to say when the only dutch you know are Rik Smits, Sven Nater and Serge Zwiikker. All very tall.

Also Dan Gadzuric of UCLA.

Smits had a house in Central NY during the off season. He used to play BlackJack at the Turning Stone.

Nash said Edwards needs to add some weight to his frame. He weighs 215 pounds after putting on 10 pounds in his short time at IMG, according to Nash.

“We hope he can gain another 10 to 15 more before the end of the year here,’’ Nash said.
if he can get to campus at 225 we might have a guy who can give us minutes from day 1

Am I missing something was the score of that one game near the end of the video (agsinst the team with green numbers) really 81 - 11?

Am I missing something was the score of that one game near the end of the video (agsinst the team with green numbers) really 81 - 11?
I'm thinking it's just camera placement. If you look at earlier clips in that video, you'll see the top of the visitor score cut off by the bottom of the shot clock (for example, at 1:07 and the score 44-40, the top of the 4 and 0 are cut off).

Hence, I assume the score you are referring to is something like 81-77 or 81-71.
1552225798949.gif

If nothing else, he seems like he's got a solid foundation of offensive talent upon which to build.

We haven't gotten a euro like this [Dolezaj obviously has some versatility, too]. Nice lump of clay to mold.

Problem is, the lumps of clay haven't been molded too well lately. Why would this case be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.