Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

So that would give us coleman, okoboh, diagne, lydon, and maybe roberson as a froncourt rotation in 15-16 then right?

I have a couple questions that hopefully some people on the inside can answer for me.
1) Does it look like we will be taking on two or three more recruits for the 2015 class? I would guess two would be the safe play, but that leads me to the next question.
2) What would happen in the event McCullough returns for 2015, and we were to give out three scholarships? That would give us 14 players were on scholarship. I'm pretty sure this is what happened with Patterson at IU. Would it be possible for a player to decline the scholarship money, pay tuition, and play as a "walk on" for one year? Probably a little tacky, but if a player really wanted to come here and if the NCAA allows it, then maybe it could happen.
3) It sounds like we could be drawing closer to decisions from a couple prospects. Is it a first come first serve for anyone with an offer? Or does the staff have a priority? And if so, who do you think is higher: Bryant or Diagne?
4) Is it set in stone that we can only get one of Bryant/Diagne or is there any chance of getting both? Because we have Lydon who can be a combo forward down the road, we could really go after either a 4/5 combo of Bryant and Diagne or a 3/5 combo of Jones and one of Bryant/Diagne. Or would there be too much of a logjam for the two players to want to commit to Syracuse together?

I have a couple questions that hopefully some people on the inside can answer for me.
1) Does it look like we will be taking on two or three more recruits for the 2015 class? I would guess two would be the safe play, but that leads me to the next question.
2) What would happen in the event McCullough returns for 2015, and we were to give out three scholarships? That would give us 14 players were on scholarship. I'm pretty sure this is what happened with Patterson at IU. Would it be possible for a player to decline the scholarship money, pay tuition, and play as a "walk on" for one year? Probably a little tacky, but if a player really wanted to come here and if the NCAA allows it, then maybe it could happen.
3) It sounds like we could be drawing closer to decisions from a couple prospects. Is it a first come first serve for anyone with an offer? Or does the staff have a priority? And if so, who do you think is higher: Bryant or Diagne?
4) Is it set in stone that we can only get one of Bryant/Diagne or is there any chance of getting both? Because we have Lydon who can be a combo forward down the road, we could really go after either a 4/5 combo of Bryant and Diagne or a 3/5 combo of Jones and one of Bryant/Diagne. Or would there be too much of a logjam for the two players to want to commit to Syracuse together?

JB has a great key on the numbers game. It always works itself out.

1) Probably a 4 person class. If we get Franklin then we take only one big so that answers 4.
2) No way Grant is back for 15 or Ennis we will have room even if McCoulough is back. A player can walk on like Drummand did at UConn.
3) First come first serve IMO not sure who the staff prefers.
Remember though recruiting is fluid and subject to change at anytime. Some of the other guys also know much more than I do about these things.

I just read that the team they played Mount Olive had won 8 straight, and had the returning player of the year in that county who is also a big man like Diagne. Well unfortunately for him he got straight up abused by King Moustapha. I read that Diagne threw down two facials and had a play where he threw the ball off the backboard and dunked itView attachment 6986 .

If there is not video of this performance in the next couple of days, I will be offended deeply. Will be on the hunt for it. Criminal if no one got footage.

Here goes some great photos from the gallery.
Diagne2.jpg

Looks like he took off from the free throw line lol.

How much better is Diallo than this guy? For a big guy project to score as many points like he did last night against a good team is impressive. I mean what's the most Fab or Rak ever had in a game?

How much better is Diallo than this guy? For a big guy project to score as many points like he did last night against a good team is impressive. I mean what's the most Fab or Rak ever had in a game?
Diagne had 20pts and 17rbs against Diallo last weekend. So I have to guess that the talent level is not that far off between the two. Both have pretty much the same measurements with Diallo being an inch taller, but Diagne is more bigger and stronger weight wise, plus both have the same wingspan length at 7'3. Diallo might be a better defender when it comes to blocking shots but Diagne is better operating down low in the post on offense. Don't see how we can go wrong either way with whoever we land between Bryant/Diagne/Diallo/Silva. I'm really happy to see how strong Diagne has bounced back since the St. Anthony's game, because to be honest I was pretty much disappointed in his effort. I think we just have to give him the benefit of a doubt on that one and just chalk it up to a bad night which everyone is allowed to have here and there.

Don't see how we can go wrong either way with whoever we land between Bryant/Diagne/Diallo/Silva. .
So has Silva improved enough to be put in the same class as the those others?

I had the impression earlier that it was Diallo/Bryant..then Diagne...then Silva. With Diagne now closing the gap.

How do you view it?

So has Silva improved enough to be put in the same class as the those others?

I had the impression earlier that it was Diallo/Bryant..then Diagne...then Silva. With Diagne now closing the gap.

How do you view it?
Silva is probably the most raw out of the bunch but has unlimited potential. He's the best pure athlete of the bunch, runs the floor well, and can actually knock down jump shots. It's all about coaching, patience, and overall skill development when it comes to him on reaching that full potential. I think at this point especially after the head to head with Diallo, that Diagne belongs on that same tier with him and Bryant. Then I would place Silva on that 2nd tier, but he'll be a good pickup as well.