Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Everytime I see a new post to this script I'm hoping it is that he has committed to SU per some respected source. I really don't care hearing that he is visiting Rutgers or putting up another stellar stats game against another HS team. (This is not intended to criticize the 13 pages of post or any of the posters, but rather disapointment that it doesn't finalize an expectation of a committment to SU).

Everytime I see a new post to this script I'm hoping it is that he has committed to SU per some respected source. I really don't care hearing that he is visiting Rutgers or putting up another stellar stats game against another HS team. (This is not intended to criticize the 13 pages of post or any of the posters, but rather disapointment that it doesn't finalize an expectation of a committment to SU).

I am in the exact opposite school of thought on this. I want to see how this kid's development and game play are going. All signs point this guy being a priority have been correct. All of it is part of the fun!

Yeah at this point the kid has seen everything we have to offer. Not rushing or criticizing the kid... he should go at his own speed. But I'm kind of at "Ok kid, call me when you want to commit. Until then enjoy talking to lesser spots. We'll be over here talking with Bryant, Silva, Diallo, and Howard. Hope ya make up your mind while there's still an opening."

@AdamZagoria: Diagne Impresses With OSU’s Thad Matta Watching, Still Undecided http://t.co/NiDDlusmhQ

Thanks for the link, Whitey.

"When asked if Syracuse was a favorite of his right now, Diagne declined to put any school in front of the other.

“I will still open up my process to every school so I’m going to see where I end up before next season,” he said.

Diagne stated he will probably make his decision either this upcoming summer or before his basketball season begins next school year. There was no mention of any upcoming visits on the docket for Diagne."

My bet is that he is concerned about the number of players who would potentially be in front of him for playing time. I think he really likes the school, but this really concerns him. He sees a Senior DC2 & Redshirt Soph Obokoh between him and playing time. I honestly can't blame him for being a bit concerned.

My bet is that he is concerned about the number of players who would potentially be in front of him for playing time. I think he really likes the school, but this really concerns him. He sees a Senior DC2 & Redshirt Soph Obokoh between him and playing time. I honestly can't blame him for being a bit concerned.

He can play the 4 and the 5, I'm sure he can get some minutes as a freshman, but as a soph., he may even be a starter. Not a bad scenario.

Well if I am MD I think I would be more concerned with Chino than DaJaun and I don't think that is a ton to worry about if I am a top 20 recruit in North America. It's still early but unfortunately I think Coleman will easily end up being the most disappointing JD alum to don a Cuse jersey considering his ranking, being a McD AA and the battle with UK for his services. I would give up two Noels' and three Colemans' to have beaten those bankers out for 1 Unibrow! True story!!

Last edited:
If he's worried about DC2, a player with 2 bad knees and Chino Obokoh, a raw talent that had to redshirt during his freshman year, then that's very concerning. Thank goodness I highly doubt that's the case. I think it mainly comes down to him or the handlers wanting to visit other schools outside of the NY/NJ area before making a decision. I don't think besides SU and the Jersey schools that he has visited anywhere else so far. I know his HS coach has talked up interest from KU and Cincy in the past. Now you have UF and Ohio St showing interest as well as of late.

Last edited:
I am in the exact opposite school of thought on this. I want to see how this kid's development and game play are going. All signs point this guy being a priority have been correct. All of it is part of the fun!
I would too if he was on board. But if he picks another school so much for the drool!

Not to worry, SU is as close to a selector school as you will find. If we don't get Diange it just opens it up for another 4 star recruit. Kids want to play at SU, the education, history, playing in the dome. Very attractive to top kids; especially of late.

Not to worry, SU is as close to a selector school as you will find. If we don't get Diange it just opens it up for another 4 star recruit. Kids want to play at SU, the education, history, playing in the dome. Very attractive to top kids; especially of late.
I'll love this post if the actuality of this happens with domnant players that make major impact on offense or defense. We need a board beast and scoring machine. If Diagne can be a Rick Jackson board guy who can score bring him in ASAP.

Holy cow, just looked him up and what a beast... looks like he came out of a test tube instead of a womb... so physically gifted with such a high motor... francis, could you see him playing the 5 in the zone? He looks huge even tho it says he is only 6-8

Holy cow, just looked him up and what a beast... looks like he came out of a test tube instead of a womb... so physically gifted with such a high motor... francis, could you see him playing the 5 in the zone? He looks huge even tho it says he is only 6-8
I think that will have to be his main position because I don't see him as a 4 unless it's for a few minutes. He has a 7'3 wingspan(same as Rak and Fab), and already weights close to 250 which is definitely enough size to hold down the middle of the zone.

I think that will have to be his main position because I don't see him as a 4 unless it's for a few minutes. He has a 7'3 wingspan(same as Rak and Fab), and already weights close to 250 which is definitely enough size to hold down the middle of the zone.

He has nearly the size of DCII.
The length of Rak.
An African sounding name like BMK.

This just seems to make way too much sense.