Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

I got two weapons for you, let me introduce you to Jack Kevorkian and Ted Bundy, my right and left fist, respectively.
You pick a merciful man and a serial killer. Jekyll and Hyde shitt.

Now stop railroading this thread you mfer.

Anyone have a $cout subscription? Looks like spoke to MD after the visit.
Despite the electric atmosphere and good time Diagne had, it did not force him to consider pulling the trigger and committing to Syracuse.
”No not at all,” Diagne said. “My choice is going to be my own with my family. For right now, everything stays the same as it was before.”

Ummm I really have no words. 4th visit to SU in over a year and after attending one of the greatest games of all time with the current #1 team in the nation and nothing changes?

Despite the electric atmosphere and good time Diagne had, it did not force him to consider pulling the trigger and committing to Syracuse.
”No not at all,” Diagne said. “My choice is going to be my own with my family. For right now, everything stays the same as it was before.”

Ummm I really have no words. 4th visit to SU in over a year and after attending one of the greatest games of all time with the current #1 team in the nation and nothing changes?

Reading between the lines, I would guess that we are the leader, but that something is not quite right for him or maybe he is getting contrary advice from his Coach or maybe something didn't click with Mom.

If something isn't quite right, he will probably look around for an offer he views as a better fit, and most likely he will find it sooner or later.

It's kinda feeling like Marbury or Anderson unfortunately...hope I am wrong.

First don't read between the lines (You don't know what his or his circle thinking/view is). Second Stephon Marbury or Kenny Anderson. He is not. All due respect !!!

Also patience. Remember class of 2015. Not 2014 !!!

Last edited:
Reading between the lines, I would guess that we are the leader, but that something is not quite right for him or maybe he is getting contrary advice from his Coach or maybe something didn't click with Mom.

If something isn't quite right, he will probably look around for an offer he views as a better fit, and most likely he will find it sooner or later.

You might be right here. But keep in mind that for a class of 2015 kid the usual time for an early commit is sometime in the summer. Still, if he knows he wants to come to SU he would be wise to commit as soon as possible to secure a spot before someone else grabs it.

First don't read between the lines (You don't know what his or his circle thinking/view is). Second Stephon Marbury or Kenny Anderson. He is not. All do respect !!!

Also patience. Remember class of 2015. Not 2014 !!!
due respect.

Is that advice being driven by the fact that we aren't perceived as developing big men as well as some other teams?
AO, RJ, Fab, and Rak as of late have done fine in developing into high level players in college as big men. But hey if his coach thinks that he can do well at Rutgers then shoot go for it.

Last edited:

Good for the kid. Make a considered decision, not a hasty, emotional one.

big-chested-girls-67.jpg

Whitehead's helping him with the decision.

Last edited:
Moustapha Diagne, a 6-foot-9 2015 power forward from Sparta (N.J.) Pope John, enjoyed the thrilling atmosphere at Saturday’s Duke-Syracuse game.

“The visit went very well,” Pope John coach Jason Hasson told SNY.tv. “Moustapha said it was the best college basketball game he was ever at. He loved the atmosphere of the game and excitement of the crowd. He was happy that his Mother and his Coach from Senegal got to see the campus and meet the coaching staff as well. Overall, it was a very good visit.”

Diagne and 2016 New Jersey guard Tyus Battle were both at Syracuse’s 91-89 OT victory over Duke, and Battle was also impressed.

As for Diagne, no other visits are currently planned. Pope John has a County playoff game Saturday and then faces St. Benedict’s Prep Sunday in the PrimeTime Shootout.

“Currently, nothing planned on the recruiting front as we have a big stretch of games ahead and Moustapha wants to focus on the season and his school work for now,” Hasson said.
Photo: John Munson/ Star-Ledger

Follow Adam Zagoria on Twitter

Think his head coach is no good for SU I think we should move on from his coach and school.

Just to follow up I know Jermaine Lawrence isnt doing good at Cincy this year and has been injured in the past but we had recruited him heavily and he went to cincy it may just be be the coach just sayin

Just to follow up I know Jermaine Lawrence isnt doing good at Cincy this year and has been injured in the past but we had recruited him heavily and he went to cincy it may just be be the coach just sayin
I think you are 100% right . As far as Lawrence goes I don't think it was his coach, more his handler.

lol this is the part in the recruitment where fans get impatient and turn against the high schooler

lol this is the part in the recruitment where fans get impatient and turn against the high schooler
I don't see that. As far as Diagne goes, the coach part has been out there for months.

I wouldn't rip into the comp that he has been playing against as of late as quoted by his coach. “He has been playing extremely well these last three weeks,” Hasson said. “In the last six games he is averaging 24 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks. And in those six games we played Our Savior New American (No. 9 in USA Today), Cardinal Hayes (No. 1 MSG Varsity at the time – Undefeated), Mt Olive (No. 1-ranked in Morris County on a 10-game win streak), Blair Academy (No. 1-ranked Prep in NJ), and two league games." Plus I watched his recent game against Blair yesterday that I'll post about next and I have to say that I was very impress and think he would be our best post player since AO/RJ, with potential to be even better. To answer your question, yes I do think that we'll still go after Bryant even if Diagne commits. Can't trust DC2 knees at this point and we'll need as much depth as we can in the post. Things have gone quiet with Jones and if Howard doesn't visit then that's a sign that we may have backed off a bit.
As mentioned above I got a chance to watch the full game against Blair. Even though his team got spanked, King Moustapha was a beast in this one scoring half of the team total points. I had him charted for 27pts, 12rbs, 2blks, 2to, 3-6ft. He went up against another big man that's committed to Saint Louis for next year and flat out abused this kid in the low post. He knocked down plenty of hook shots with both hands and his footwork and spacing in the post was superb. It's amazing to see such polish down low with somebody who has been barely playing ball for 2 years now. Defensively he held his ground and made it tough for the SLU commit to do anything on offense. If the shot wasn't blocked then it was altered by his length. It got so bad for the kid in the 1st half that at the end of it he almost got into a fight with Diagne, in which I'm sure that wouldn't have ended well for him also. On the negative as iommi mentioned, he does have a bad tendency at times to not hustle his butt up the court when he's trailing a play where the numbers are at a disadvantage. It cost his team a few times because Blair was able to finish with a few put backs, where if he had hustled he could've either grabbed the board or get into position to block/alter the shot. That's a big difference from what you see from Bryant, Diallo, and Silva. Those three are always in full go mode on both ends and take no plays off. On the flipside, none come even close to the post skills that Diagne have. It's a big plus with the shooters that we'll have loaded up when he steps on campus such as Cooney, Malachi, BJ, and Lydon. Where he'll command plenty of double teams inside and the shooters will consistently be wide open for shots. I really liked his performance in this one and think his skill set will be huge to go along with the current and future players that we're bringing in. I'm hoping things end this weekend and he'll be ours but this one was suppose to be done 3 months ago. So lets hope there won't be anymore setbacks because everything seems to be in place to receive his commitment now.

Well it seems to me that he may be like them in more than just the post game ;). But seriously, I want Moose real badly. It seems like he might have a serious post threat and that's something that we've been lacking recently.

Are any of the other bigs were scouting in 015 even close to Diagne's level??

I want to unleash the Diagne..