Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

They butchered his name, but hey let's not get greedy. At least we got a box.
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/game/score/2715590/

Looks like Giagne :) only had 8 points. Scarier is that Pope John scored 1 point in the second quarter.
1 point.
That's pretty much worse than getting a ZERO on a test. You could always say, cheated and got caught, didn't fill anything out, etc. But a 1? :eek:...:eek::eek:
Either way, nice little run by the Lions to this point. Still poised for the title.

Man, these Diagne updates are kind of keeping me going this year. With so much negative BS this year, it's great to be able to look forward to next year's class, especially this guy. Not that I'm giving up on this year's team by any means, but still nice to have some positive things on the horizon.

Pope John wins in OT 57-56
Guess what Diagne did.
16 points, 16 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 steal. Did a lot of his work from the line, but more importantly Francis: He is clearly listening to you: 16 boards, back in the circle of trust ;)
More to follow as TCA and GSB both played last night and won.

Only 1 assist and 1 steal? Off night for our boy.

I admit, I haven't been paying as much attention to Diagne as I should have been. I decided to write something up about him since I've covered Richardson, Lydon, and Howard, and I really started watching clips of him for the first time.

Wow. Obviously the dunking, rebounding, and shot blocking is there, but I'm floored by how smooth his stroke looks in some of those clips. He's not going to be someone I want taking a lot of jumpers in general next year, but based on the form on his jump shot, I won't complain if he takes a few occasional 17 footers. He's much more advanced offensively than I was anticipating.

http://.com/moustapha-diagne-will-be-a-force-for-syracuse/

Diagne missing a lot of easy shots today. No points and about 8 rebounds in first half.

Diagne missing a lot of easy shots today. No points and about 8 rebounds in first half.
Thanks for the updates. Announcers just said, he's a good enough player to snap out of it. Good news is the team is picking him up, At least that's what the commentator just said. :) Everyone has their bad days and this guy can afford it cause he's has so many good ones this past summer and this season thus far.

Seen a bunch of defensive boards from Moustapha, good boxing out the last few plays. Anchors the back line for Pope John. They have more talent this year, but play 3 guards a lot of the time. Announcers just mention, he still impacts the game on the defensive end.

Pope John just throttling it now, up big. University not taking any good shots and PJ keeps attacking on the other end. Very unselfish team, really pass around to get the better shot.

A lot of ifs here...

But if we land Bryant and Coleman is healthy, Diagne won't play much next year.

If McCullough comes back, I could see a redshirt year for Diagne.

Diagne just had a nice spin back to the middle but couldn't convert, rolled off the rim after a few bounces. He now steps back a few feet and front rimmed a jumper behind the foul line. You can tell, he's frustrated but keeps trying to get his. Teammates keep feeding him at the high post.

Wow, very well done by Zignorski and Rodriguez to get Mous an uncontested dunk. Zignorski no looked into the paint for Rodriguez who then defers to Diagne for the wide open flush! Very unselfish play. Pope John has really grown into a nice squad these past few years. Well coached and the talent is coming from some of these upperlassmen.

A lot of ifs here...

But if we land Bryant and Coleman is healthy, Diagne won't play much next year.

If McCullough comes back, I could see a redshirt year for Diagne.
The "IF" on Bryant is seemingly not going to happen. If he was coming to the Orange it would be OUT by now. INHO.

CaliCuse said:
The "IF" on Bryant is seemingly not going to happen. If he was coming to the Orange it would be OUT by now. INHO.

Cali, he can't come here until a scholie opens up.

Diagne must be at least 2 for 10 today but might be a lot worse. Just flicking them up there. Tough game, but he still remains patient and plays on the other end. 14 rebounds and counting.

He scored again, now has 3 fgs. That was a pretty move. He spins right, felt for his defender and spins back to the left side and banked it with his left hand for a nice score in the paint. He's probably sitting for the day, along with most other starters.