Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

PJ up 74-59, Diagne with another defensive board and to the line after the foul. 11 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks after hitting 1 out of 2. Off night offensively, beast night defensively and this is nothing new with Pope John basketball. So many weapons and they all pass. It's whoever the defense doesn't care about. Unselfish play might just beat RC in the final. To prove my point, Diagne just had his at least 2nd or 3rd dime.

Boom!

I've only just now gotten to check in on the game, and saw him take a couple free throws. Left the first one short, swished the second. He's got a nice, smooth stroke on his free throws. I like it. The whole routine at the FT line shows he's spent a lot of time practicing.

Double double for Diagne...11 pts, 10 boards, 5 blocks and a few assists.

I don't think they'll have enough against Briscoe and company but if they use the no shot clock in their favor and shorten the game, they could make it interesting. Pope John has excellent ball handlers and rebounding, so they could put up a big fight with their A+ game. Pope John seems well coached. Rodriguez is a beast.

I'll repeat that Diagne is not going to be pushed around next year. His legs are huge...and as Bill Rafferty would say, he will "use his derrière to carve out position." :eek: